Health Discovery Network

Today, my goal is exercise (check) and to be OP through the day. I know that may not seem like much, but that is where I am. :bcb_smile

Everyone is welcome to post their goals and then check in and post their results.

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

Today, my goal is exercise (check) and to be OP through the day. I know that may not seem like much, but that is where I am. :bcb_smile

Everyone is welcome to post their goals and then check in and post their results.

Not much?!!!...:bcb_huh:

That's EVERYTHING, Irene! :bcb_smile:salut:buddysmoo

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Being OP sounds like EVERYTHING to ME too!!!:bcb_up

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I accomplished my goal yesterday.

Yes, to be OP is everything, but it has to be done on a continual basis and that's what I'm after. On/Off just gets you real frustrated.

So, today the goal is : 1. Exercise 2. Be OP 3. No stand up eating (it leads to "mindless eating).

What are you planning to accomplish today? Share, big or small....

I'm not understanding Carol: " track on thedailyplate" ?

And while you are at it Carol, what are you trying to say that getting Healthy is?

I met my goals of exercising and staying OP yesterday. That makes 2 days in a row. I didn't meet the goal of "no stand up eating". It is such a habit. I'm doing better than I had, and when I caught myself I quickly moved to a chair.

Today, my goals are the same as yesterday. I've already caught myself licking a spoon while standing up. So my goal is eat only while sitting for the rest of the day. One step at a time.

The first step is "noticing" you're eating standing...then you can change it.:salut

I've been "catching" myself a lot. Especially with fruit. :bcb_smile

Thedailyplate is a website where you can input your foods for the day and it gives you all the nutritional information, along with showing if you're getting enough protein, etc. It's just a way to track your food (and weight).

When I'm at my "healthiest" I am on FIRE with: high energy and positive moods. They seem to be symptoms of consistent healthy-choices, for me. :bcb_happy

(Is that what you were asking?...:bcb_smile)

"Getting healthy is not about measuring, weighing, or counting the fats, grams, calories, carbs, or points of the same old crappy food!" :bcb_up -Marilu Henner

Carol, I think Irene was asking about your signature...and, if I can answer, the key phrase in that is "the same old CRAPPY food"....so just counting points etc. while eating JUNK isn't "getting healthy" it's actually CHANGING what you eat!

Lynn

Correct, Lynn.:bcb_smile I JUST came to me, what Irene was asking about...! LOL!

That's why I like Simply Fillling. It leads you to the filling foods list...where there is a vast array of healthy foods to choose from. :bcb_happy

THanks Lynn and Carol.

Healthy to me really is the state of mind, ie. attitudes/thoughts and that in turn produces healthy actions. SFI just points you to healthy foods and actions! It is as simple as that.

I just realized that I've been making roasted Chickpeas and what have I done: stood and tasted. Cooking and tasting. While sometimes it doesn't cause problems; at other times it is a BIG danger.

When we did Beck before, Linda and I were joking about how if we wanted to "taste" a Costco sample (yes, there was a brown rice sample the other day) that we'd have to find a big Costco leather couch to sit on, or we'd have to sit down in the aisles...:bcb_wink3:bcb_grin

Healthy to me really is the state of mind, ie. attitudes/thoughts and that in turn produces healthy actions..

AMEN to that Irene!!!! That's what Beck and the "think first" (old term) part of WW is all about!!!!

I just realized that I've been making roasted Chickpeas and what have I done: stood and tasted. Cooking and tasting. While sometimes it doesn't cause problems; at other times it is a BIG danger.

When we did Beck before, Linda and I were joking about how if we wanted to "taste" a Costco sample (yes, there was a brown rice sample the other day) that we'd have to find a big Costco leather couch to sit on, or we'd have to sit down in the aisles...:bcb_wink3:bcb_grin

Now that WOULD make you think twice or at least slow you down wouldn't it Carol!!!!

Lynn

Oh Carol, you are too funny. The thing is, I can just picture people sitting on the couches just to taste test food. LOL!

Definitely makes you think twice...!:bcb_up

Actually it was Linda who came up with that Costco-couch idea, and it's been a funny "visual" for me ever since...:bcb_happy

Carol, did you take that picture?? It's beautiful!!!

Lynn

Yes, Lynn. That's from my previous home...before we downsized.:bcb_smile

WOW, Carol, I just went to look at it again, BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!!!! And BEAUTIFUL scenery! AND your website looks great too! Lots of great stuff there! That quote IS great!!! Words to live by!

Lynn