Health Discovery Network
fairfight

Newbie needs to hear your success stories and advice for SF!

Fairfight, how has your week been? I hope better than you expected.

One of the ways that keeps me OP is keeping SFI foods always around the house. This week I had 2 different salads (Chop/Chop and Butterscotch Apple Salad) made and ready to eat in the Fridge. In the freezer I had Zucchini Chocolate muffins, several different soups, and other meals ready to heat and eat. Those are things I have prepared and no body around my house will bother my SFI food. (Well, that is a mixed blessing. LOL!) A well stocked SFI kitchen will help you make the right decision when things get hectic or rough. You will learn what really tastes good to you and I encourage you to keep those things around that make you feel satisfied (instead a victim of a "diet").

I look forward to hearing about your success.

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

I wholeheartedly agree with what Irene said. A house full of tasty SiFi foods is CRUCIAL!!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I think you're pretty observant, Kos and that all of what you've observed will lead to success on SF (and also Momentum). Good post!

I think that having supportive family/household members helps whether you're on SF or Momentum, and that even followers of Momentum have to be more selective wrt which restaurants we go to.

Even if you're not a good or creative cook, if you can follow a recipe, there are LOTS of choices here in the Core/SF recipe section as well as in this Core/SF forum. Again, this quality is one that is helpful to Momentum followers as well.

The one area where I really have to watch myself is your #1 quality - listening to fullness signals. I think that's really important, and often a problem area for those of us who have issues with being overweight.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this, but following the good health guidelines wrt water, dairy, fruite/vegetables, healthy oils, multivitamin, and exercise is also crucial to success with WW (SF or Momentum).

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

That's a good point. I am doing really well with water and exercise, but will watch the other stuff.

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this, but following the good health guidelines wrt water, dairy, fruite/vegetables, healthy oils, multivitamin, and exercise is also crucial to success with WW (SF or Momentum).

Fairfight, how has your week been? I hope better than you expected.

One of the ways that keeps me OP is keeping SFI foods always around the house. This week I had 2 different salads (Chop/Chop and Butterscotch Apple Salad) made and ready to eat in the Fridge. In the freezer I had Zucchini Chocolate muffins, several different soups, and other meals ready to heat and eat. Those are things I have prepared and no body around my house will bother my SFI food. (Well, that is a mixed blessing. LOL!) A well stocked SFI kitchen will help you make the right decision when things get hectic or rough. You will learn what really tastes good to you and I encourage you to keep those things around that make you feel satisfied (instead a victim of a "diet").

I look forward to hearing about your success.

Hi, thanks so much for checking in! It's been a really good two weeks. I have lost 5 pounds and feel great. Sometimes I have trouble with overeating, which is usually because i eat too fast and then forget to take that break to check in with my "fullness" factor. But overall this is the most satisfying diet (it feels weird even calling it that) I've ever been on.

Thanks so much for the support and anyone who is newer than me, BELIEVE, this thing works!!!

Best to all,

Samantha

Samantha, that's great news!!!! You're experiencing the magic of SFT! We've all been there and it's great for you to report back in and encourage others who are considering it!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.