Health Discovery Network
susiekue

peanut butter

We prefer the name brands like Kraft or Skippy. I like the natural but most of my family including my 4 year old won't eat it.

I like Skippy Natural. It has a little sugar in it but no HFCS. It can stay on the shelf and does not need to be refrigerated, always creamy and good.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Anymore I find that peanut butter has too many points. Regular PB is one point per 7 grams -- about as much as you can get on your finger. Low-fat PB isn't much better -- one point per 9 grams. I might look in on it again after I reach goal and my DPA jumps back up, but for now it stays on the shelf.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

I like the powdered peanut butter I order online. The chocolate is AWESOME but the regular is great too. I'm out of the regular right now but the stats for 2 TBS of the choc are 52.2 calories, 1.42 fat and 1.03 fiber. It's great for PB&J sandwiches (on an Arnold sandwich thin or equivalent with sugar free jam) or with fruit or in smoothies or many other concoctions.

ThinInside - Are you speaking of PB2 from Bell Plantation? I love this stuff. It's especially great to use in smoothies! I can make a huge chocolate Peanut Butter smoothie with 1 cup fat free milk, one WW chocolate smoothie pack, and 2 TBSP of PB2 for 4 points!

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

PB2!!!!! I had to get the Choc. PB2 last night because the store was out of the regular! LOVE THIS STUFF!

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

I purchased the PB2 a while back, but I didn't care for it. I mixed it together and tasted it to see if I would like it, but I didn't. Does anyone use it in recipes or something? I paid about $5.00 for it, so I really don't want to throw it out. Thanks!

grannykarla - It's great in smoothies. There's also a lot of recipes on the PB2 website if you want to check that out. HERE'S a link to the recipe section of their site.

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

What's a good penut butter that I can get?

You definitely don't want high fructose corn syrup in it...Some places just let you grind the peanuts in a "peanut butter machine". Can't get any better/fresher than that! :bcb_smile:salut

And you can just make a little bit.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Jif Creamy is my favorite! I've tried the low-fat - don't like it - don't really like Skippy either. Tried BetterNPeanut Butter, and it probably would be ok on a PB & Jelly sandwich, because it's kind of sweet, but I don't like it alone. If I'm really in the mood for peanut butter, Jif is what satisfies my craving, and I will sometimes just eat a tablespoon or two. Usually I'll just eat it on a spoon a very little at a time - to savor it. Yes, it's either 2 or 5 points - depending on how much I have, but it's worth it to me when I want to have it.

I probably should mention that I am currently maintaining on Simply Filling/Core. I don't think I ate much (if any) peanut butter while losing and counting points on Flex - toward the end of my losing period, 5 points would have been 1/4 of my daily points, and it would not have been worth it to me (but 2 might have been :bcb_grin ).

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu