Health Discovery Network
LillieG

Just don't get "filling foods"

This whole filling foods emphasis just doesn't speak to me at all, and I was wondering if there were others out there who were finding it can't of a dud. Whatever happened to CORE - that made sense. You didn't count, but instead ate a limited number of foods and listened for the signals from inside that you were full. Filling foods seems to be "eat a lot of low calorie foods," which isn't exactly a momumental statement for anyone who has tried to lose weight. And, you still have to count points, so what is the point. Lillie

Filling foods are foods that keep you satisfied longer. They are not necessarily low calorie - healthy oil, whole grains, meat, fruit dairy are not necessarily low calorie. There foods are better choices for those counting points as well as those doing the Simply Filling option. Filling Foods excludes more simple carbs, prepackage foods that are really not that good for us at all.

CORE is now called Simply Filling and used the Filling Foods list with a few changes.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

I don't think you're looking at this correctly.

Momentum, which has two options of following it (counting points and Simply Filling) wants us to concentrate on the Filling Foods (which is very, very similar to the Core list). All new members are to count points at first, so they learn portion size, and how to recognize hunger signals. In Week 6 Simply Filling is introduced, where you can eat from the Filling Foods list, and not count points............just like Core.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Have you checked out the Simply Filling (originally Core) Forum here? Check out the stickies at the top of the forum. You'll see that SF is (almost exactly) Core.

Core die-hards don't have to wait 6 weeks; you can ask for the Week 6 booklet immediately (especially if you feel well-versed in portion size and recognizing your hunger signals). :bcb_smile

Most leaders will give you the Week 6 booklet if you ask.:salut :bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile