Health Discovery Network
Guest eaglssong

DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE 6 POINTS

The Hunts seasoned sauce for pizza and Hunt's for Stews is good too. I've used both and they are very good.

Aimee

~~~Aimee~~~

Started WW on 1/16/08 and took time off to have a baby in 2010

SW 285.6/Lowest weight 230.4/CW 255.4/Next goal 230

"If I was smarter than the program, I wouldn't need the program" ~CW

"Don't stuff your face, face your stuff!" ~Amy, the best leader EVER!

If your crust is getting soggy, try spraying the crust with olive oil flavored cooking spray before putting the other stuff on top. You could also try "prebaking" the crust for a few minutes and then adding the toppings. I do that for a Taco Squares recipe and it keeps the other stuff from soaking into the crust! ;)

Char

This is an awesome recipe and my family loves it, especially the fact the slizes are a nice size for serving and fill you up. However, I too found after adding up the ingredients, I came up with 7 points a slice. Very nice meal with a salad though.

Thanks! :D

I made this again with ground turkey, and browned mushrooms and onions with it. the crust still got soggy, but it is oh soooooo good! I had leftovers for lunch yesterday, and dh and I will eat the last 2 pieces for dinner tonight! We were going to grill some steak, but I don't want to waste the pizza ;)

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

I think I've seen HEALTHY CHOICE Chunky Italian pasta sauce in the jar. This might be the kind she's referring to.

I'm going to try this one too after seeing all the positive posts about it. Hope mine doesn't come out soggy though. I'll try baking it slightly first and hopefully it won't happen.

Kim

I looked up all the ingredients in the supermarket WW book (last year's book - so perhaps a little off ?) and I came up with something like 12 points a serving!! Could I be doing something wrong? I usually count a pound of lean ground beef as 32 points although I figured from a label of 9% fat (91% fat free)to be 26 points for the pound. Is tomato sauce 0 points? Then for pizza dough I got between 15 and 20 and for the cheese (I looked up fat free mozzerella) I got 6. At the lowest possible this makes it 47 which is 7.8 points a serving!! Is that what others are getting or are there some great brands out there that are not listed in the old book? I'm thinking about making this with the soy crumbles and or spinach as both sound pretty good.

Magdog

Started WW 9-5-00 221.6/146/150 Goal reached 6-5-01

I am very excited to try this one. I haven't had any form of pizza since I started WW in 2/01. I think I am gonna try it with ground turkey and fat-free shredded mozzerella and see what the points come out to be.

Thanks!

Lisa

170.4/140.4/WW140/135 :cool:

Lisa<BR>170.4/135/WW140/PWG135<BR>"The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it."<BR>-- Moliere

I made this for my family over the weekend. I used fat-free shredded mozzerella cheese, ground turkey, fat-free organic tomato sauce, and veggie pepperoni. My family (and I!) loved it, and all four of us are very hard to please! :D

Lisa<BR>170.4/135/WW140/PWG135<BR>"The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it."<BR>-- Moliere

MMMM sounds good. Also addicted to Pizza!

Bill

369/341/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 27 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 Wow, only 9 more lbs

Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August - 42 pounds to go for goal challenge (I think this might have been a bit too ambitious a goal)

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

This sounds fantastic and I have most of the ingredients already on hand. Will give it a try when I am off work Monday.

You know, I have searched far and wide for the Healthy Choice sauces but no luck so far.

Christy

209/201.5/150

Christy -- I found organic fat free pizza sauce at Trader Joe's in our area (a discounted organic grocer). If they aren't in your area yet, they may be soon. While some of the organic stuff is not great in the fat and calorie department, if you search in one of those stores you can find some real gold mines!

Lisa

170.4/138.8/WW140/PGW135 smile.gif

Can't wait to try this pizza. We've been avoiding pizza so it would be good to surprise everyone! Many years ago we made a pizza from scratch and in place of hamburger we used bacon. 1 point per slice, right? We cooked the onion, mushrooms and bell pepper along with the bacon and then drained everything. You can even run hot water over the bacon! This is delicious and you can really control the points by regulating how much bacon you use! Jan :cool:

My turn to cook tonight.

Tried this Deep Dish Pizza.. Used Ground Turkey, 3 brothers pizza sauce about 6 cloves of garlic, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning and FF Mozzarella.... Wow! This is the best thing I have had since May! used a 12"x12" corning wear casserole dish, divided into 9 pieces, and it was pretty darn obscene!

Next time a little gorganzola cheese maybe 2 oz, some olives, onion, you know...lots of other stuff to enhance the flavor and not the points... DW and I really enjoyed, and she is quite difficult to please. I am the one in the family who will make flaming fillet of Yak and enjoy, she likes things a little more basic... I think she was actually impressed!

Where is that Chef's hat? ;)

Bill

369/336.5/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 32.5 lbs :D

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Guest Lokaam3

Sounds GREAT!!

I will try some of these for sure!!

:D

Sounds like this one must be good- can't wait to try it!

Cor

Change your mind and your body will follow.

SW 309.6 (re-joined Feb 22/06)

CW 299.2 (10.4 gone)

GW 179.0

Bill

I am really impressed by your cooking accomplishments. My husband can only make a cup of tea, which I might add, is quite delicious.

Anyway - I give up, I have to try this recipe in my pizza machine. I've been reading about it here for too long. Now I am torn between making the spinach pizza or this tonight.

chow -

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Bill

I am really impressed by your cooking accomplishments. My husband can only make a cup of tea, which I might add, is quite delicious.

Anyway - I give up, I have to try this recipe in my pizza machine. I've been reading about it here for too long. Now I am torn between making the spinach pizza or this tonight.

chow -

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna

What is a pizza machine? I have a round thing for heating up store bought pizzas. Is that what you are referring to? I am the gadget king! I even have a home bagel maker. It actually works pretty good. Some men cook - others don't. I happen to enjoy it. DW is much better, but I get home earlier, and I know, after 32 years of marriage, that the last thing she wants to do when she comes home is cook.

Cooking is just like making tea, anyway. Just more steps. :rolleyes:

Bill

368/337.5/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 30.5 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 5.5 pounds away

Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August - 38.5 pounds to go

Tried this the other night with soy crumbles instead of meat and added mushrooms, peppers, olives and onions. I also used fat free pizza sauce instead of the tomatoes. Absolutely delicious! A must-try for pizza lovers! Thanks for sharing this one.

Jill<br />"If you can dream it, you can become it"<br />203/158/150 5'8"<br />OP since 3/1/01

MAN!, I can't believe the response on this recipe! I must try this one!

Off to the market! smile.gif

Well...Once it opens ;)

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." - Elbert Hubbard <P>320/282/260-2nd 10%<BR>OP since 04/11/01<BR>1st 10% 288 - reached 06/28/01 :D

Guest FreeTime

An unsolicited testimonial from my non-WW DH. Very suspicious of anything that might be a WW recipe. He came home late, saw the leftovers on the counter, and tried it. "I have to admit, this Weight Watcher pizza is really good!"

For tomato sauce I use Classico tomato and basil sauce (comes in a glass jar) and add a little garlic, dried basil, and dried oregano.

This sounds great!! I am a spinach lover, so that sounds really good ... this would be good with all kind of vege's..... thanks for all the great idea's, My DF will be served this next week..... My DD is extra picky... I'll let you know the outcome... :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Okay..Okay..I give up. I have to try this. I am going to give it a try in my pizza machine.

Bill - I like what you did with it. How many points did you count for ea. slice. Do you remember?

Thanks. Dawna

Dawna,

I don't remember. I know the pizza was substantially less pointy with turkey and ff Mozzarella cheese.

Bill

368/333.5/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 34.5 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 1.5 pounds away