Health Discovery Network
Guest eaglssong

DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE 6 POINTS

Hi Bill - That sounds good. How many points?

Thanks - Dawna

P.s. I picked up a bread machine recipe with you and all the bread machine owners in mind. Hop on over to breads.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna,

I don't have have the points computed somewhere. It was less than the six points in the original... probably somewhere between 3.8 and 4.8 as I recall. The sauce also makes a difference. If you make your own, have to figure out based on what is in the sauce. I have made this >4-5 times an different every time.

If you are doing this, you have to figure them out based on what you put in it. I don't have one of the tubes to get the points off of it, and don't have any more to the FF Mozzarella to get the points per oz.

Bill

368/333.5/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 34.5 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 1.5 pounds away

looksmiley.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Pulling up :cool:

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

I think I will try this with no meat-just tomato sauce and lots of veggies (maybe roasted) and feta cheese. Does anyone know how feta compares point wise to low fat mozzarella??

I really miss pizza!!

Thanks

crazy.gif

This looks delicious I might try the spinach version :D :D

<i>Started W.W. 12/30/02<br />Starting Weight:248.5<br />Current:-<br />Goal:120<br />Weigh-In Days: Every<br /></i>=><i>Keep trying</i> :)<br />------------------<br />Valentine' Challenge<br />1/7/03:<br />1/14/03:<br />1/21/03:<br />1/28/03:<br />2/3/03:<br />2/10/03:<br />Good to be back!

this would be good using turkey italian sausage mineo and sapios in our area. a four oz. patti is only two points. i'm going to give it a try with the sausage.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

Made this for dinner last night. Used soy crumble instead of meat. Don't understand how it could be 6 points with the ground beef. It was 7 points with the soy. Used only half of the tomato sauce which brought it down to 6.5. It was wonderful. DH and I made it together. We added lots of onion, green & red pepper and artichoke hearts. Was going to add olives but didn't want to add any more points. I highly recommend this recipe. wave.gif

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Now this looks like a recipe I could handle! I

plan on giving it a try next time hubby is in.

JennaBee, our Super Wal Mart carries and Extra Lean Ground beef which only has 4 grms. fat in a 4 oz. serving. For a whole lb. it would only be 16 pts. This is what I always use.

151/111cw/136ww

There is a soy product here in Canada that is called "Ground Round". Could that be what the recipe is referring to instead of hamburger?

I will be trying this tomorrow............ wave.gif

Thanks for the recipe....

Cathy (soon adoptive mommy) :cool:

<b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Guest dachshundtales

I too rinse my hamburger after cooking and I like the taste better not near as greasy and way better for you . Try it you`ll like it. Thanks for the pizza recipe I will have to give it a try we are pizzaholics here too. I usually have a healthy choice ( what we call cardboard pizza=frozen) on hand when the pizza bug bites I still have something I can eat safely , but this recipe sounds like my whole family would enjoy. Donna tongue.gif

I tried this recipe on Sunday nite and really liked it. I added alittle pepperoni and enjoyed it very much...

I can't find the "italian chunky" sauce. Is it with the tomato sauces - or the pizza ones? Anybody know?

ChocoGirl :D

210/146.4/140

Guest patto

I made this tonight - fabulous! I added bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, fresh garlic and zucchini (stir fryed in the beef). The portion size was great! Thanks bunches - this ones a keeper.

This is a favorite at our house. We had it last night & I'm going to have to fight DH for the left overs. We're going to try it soon without meat & with extra veggies instead- yum!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest Heather R

Not sure if this would be good, but Trader Joe's has a veggie peperoni. might be lower than the beef.

Thanks very much for posting this (who doesn't love pizza????). I have made this a couple of times now - using anything I have in the fridge but for the most part, stick to veggies (onions/muchrooms/tomato/gr pepper etc.) I also made it with 97% fat free ham and onion and pineapple.

I also cooked the crust for 5 minutes prior to putting the sauce on. Mine did not go soggy so pre-cooking the crust may have helped.

This recipe is a gem! I love it.

Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

pulling up

Author unknown

This isn’t too shabby. smile.gif I used turkey & added some turmeric & salt. Then I used a can of chopped tomatoes with rosemary (from Whole Foods). I simmered that with the cooked meat & a 10 oz package of frozen (thawed) spinach while I prepared the crust. I baked just the crust for 5 minutes, then added the meat sauce & cheese, and sprinkled it with olives and let it cook for the rest of the time. Very easy. I think I would have preferred shredding the cheese, though, so you get some everywhere. And I will probably use regular tomato sauce next time so that there is more tomato flavor. I’m not a meat eater, so I may try using half the amount of ground beef next time just to see what it’s like.

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

Made this last night for dinner and it was excellent! I made a few substitutions though:

I used turkey sausage instead of the beef and I used Betty Crocker's pizza crust mix. It came out great, and I'm having leftovers for lunch today with a salad.

Thanks for the idea!

215/189/155<br /><br />Denise<br /><br />The more I meet people, the more I love my dogs<br /><br />We're not perfect, but there's nothing wrong with trying to achieve perfection

Guest stickchick2b
wave.gif This sounds so delicious!!

Guest akit

I made this last evening for dinner and everyone loved it. Thanks

Akit

Guest kez

Hi there can someone please tell me what round is? help.gif

Made this last night and both DH and I loved it! I actually had 2 servings! :eek: Don't worry... I had the points available! LOL

The only thing I did different was to add mushrooms! This one's a keeper!

Laurie Rose

Next goal - 1st 10%

weight.png

SW/HW: 277/277 12/22/10

CW: 275.4

PG: 150

Kez...It's "Ground Round"...a low fat hamburger! I don't know what you would call it in New Zealand!!!

And, welcome to BOOTCAMP!!! bcbsalute.gif

Author unknown

Guest stickchick2b
wave.gif I tried this, it was really good!!!! wave.gif I was thinking about making it tomorrow with my Turkey Pepporoni smile.gif !! Anyone try this :cool: ?