Health Discovery Network
Guest eaglssong

DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE 6 POINTS

I made this with ground turkey added lots of garlic, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper. This is the best.....I haven't eaten much all day so I ate 2 servings....I am hurting ugh.gif ...I am so full...should have eaten just one.....I love this.

When everything is beyond my control...I can control what I put in my mouth.

SW: 353 8/15/06

OP: 287 5/01/07

CW: 266

GW: 170

Guest happyduck

I hate to even question this, but I made this tonight and mine came up to 7.5 points??! I used extra lean groun round (93%). Dotties site lists this as 1.5 points per oz, so that would be 24 points. Then I used 4 oz part skim mozzarella - 8 points, then the crust - 13 points. That makes 45 points right there, which comes out to 7.5 points for 1/6 of the recipe. I didn't count the tomato sauce and the veggies, or the few slices of turkey pepperoni I used.

Anyone get anything different? I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong! ugh.gif

Here's the nutritional info as per MasterCook:

Nutritional analysis per serving, per recipe:

277 calories; 7.7 g. fat; 1.6 g. fiber; 49 mg. cholesterol; 667 mg. sodium

6 POINTS per serving

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Made this for dinner last week, and it is awesome! My family loved it!!

Thanks for sharing.

CeCe

SW/247 - 1/14/02

CW/129 - 118 lbs. gone 4ever!!

GW/130 - GOAL MADE 6-16-03!!!!

First 10% - March 25, 2002

Onederland/50 lbs - June 3, 2002

100lbs loss - January 26th, 2003

My pictures: <a href="http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=51126076303.71091208603&n=1652446678" target="_blank">http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=51126076303.71091208603&n=1652446678

I am in control of my life, my happiness and my Inner Brat!"

Re; Soggy Dough...I have never had a problem with soggy dough when baking on my pizza stone, if you don't have a stone, a pizza pan with holes in it works well too, This is tooooo yummy!! I like to make a couple extra, half bake them, and pop in the freezer for a fast dinner! ;)

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

We just tried this tonight. Delish! I wish I'd read the hint about using a pizza stone because our pizza was soggy in the middle. But otherwise - so, so yummy!

Junglejoy

Guest Lauri

As a pizza lover I thank you from the bottom of my crust! bcbsalute.gif

Guest raidermom
Originally posted by happyduck:

I hate to even question this, but I made this tonight and mine came up to 7.5 points??! I used extra lean groun round (93%). Dotties site lists this as 1.5 points per oz, so that would be 24 points. Then I used 4 oz part skim mozzarella - 8 points, then the crust - 13 points. That makes 45 points right there, which comes out to 7.5 points for 1/6 of the recipe. I didn't count the tomato sauce and the veggies, or the few slices of turkey pepperoni I used.

Anyone get anything different? I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong! ugh.gif

Even though Dotti's site lists 93% beef at 1.5 points per ounce, I have YET to find a 93% beef that is over 1 point per ounce. Read the label of the meat you are buying and go by that. If it doesn't have a nutrition label, ask the butcher. I know Kroger's 90% lean beef is even 1 point per ounce. Dotti's is a guideline...you should read your own particular label to be sure.

Here's what I have:

4 ounces raw:

92% lean - calories: 160; total fat: 9 gms; saturated fat: 4 gms; cholesterol: 60 mgs; sodium: 70 mgs

96% lean (usually ground round) - 140 calories; total fat: 4.5 gms; saturated fat: 2.0 gms; cholesterol: 60 mgs; sodium: 50 mgs

Now, at 1 point per ounce, that brings your total points you have figured out to 37 instead of 45. Which brings it right back to 6 points a slice. :D

Guest Stace

Tried this last night and it was WONDERFUL!!! Hubby could not beleive it was actually something i could have! We will definatley be making this much more often! THANKS!!

Guest kaths

i made this *again* last night....but this time i made a meat one for my dh and a spinach one for me...oh my gosh, it was SOOO yummy!!! and at 3 points a piece, i actually ate 1/2 the pizza by myself!! hehe!!! smile.gif

from now on, i'll make him a meat one, but i'll stick to the spinach and veggies....i'm so looking forward to it again next week!! smile.gif

Guest Amy572

I think this pizza would be really good made as a vegetarian dish or even as a taco pizza. I wonder how many pts they would be..Very yummy though.

Great recipe. My whole family loves it and it is so versatile because you can add whatever veggies you like on your pizza. Just be sure to add points if needed.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Guest Fit Jenny

I made this a few weeks ago and it was really delicous. I would recommend giving it a try.

Hello sounds like a yummy Deep Dish Pizza recipe i'm going try this recipe, I'am a pizza lover this will hit the spot! :D

Starting weight:<br /><br />Week 1# 11/6 /03 weighted 235.8 <br />Week 5# 12/2/03 231 <br />Week 6# 12/11/03 231<br />Week 7# 12/18/03 231<br />Week 8# 12/25/03 no meeting!<br />Week 9# 1/1/04 no meeting!<br />Week 10# <br /><br /><br /> A Fridge Picker Wears Big Sneakers !

Guest mazik

We made this the other night with Pillsbury pizza crust but I might try it next time with the Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls. With no fat mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, onions, and turkey pepperoni, the whole thing was only 23 points! We only ate half of it though (in an oval stoneware)...

Guest Beth613

This recipe is fabulous! Really satisfies those pizza cravings! I modified it a bit though by adding a couple cloves of garlic and roasted red peppers and cutting the beef down to 12 ounces. I think next time I'll reduce the beef further, add a layer of skin-ricotta and a little spinach.

Guest shannon35

I meant to try this forever ago, but never got around to it. I am heading to the store in a few minutes though and have already added the ingredients to my shopping list. Yum! I can't wait until dinner tonight!

Shannon :D

Guest shannon35

Just an update...

I didn't get around to this last night, but DF and I made it tonight for dinner and it was wonderful! I think next time I will make a few changes just with more veggies but it was great. DF is taking leftovers with him to work tomorrow.

Guest Kathyski

I gotta try this!! If it weren't for the -22 degree wind chill, here, I'd be going to the store to make this tonight!!! I'm a full blooded German who loves anything Italian!!

I know this was an old recipe but I'm new here so it's new to me! Thanks. :D

K-ski

I'm SO EXCITED to try this one out!!!!

Yipee! Pizza!! lol

Jackie smile.gif

NEVER GIVE UP

Proud SAHM to 3 beautiful kids :)

HW 280 SW 249.4 CW 225 - total lost 24.4 lbs

Goal - 160

I have to try this one also. The Soy Crumbles sound interesting. If I can't tell the difference and it's lower points, I may use it in many dishes. I wonder what the cost would be for something like that? I'll also add onions to mine. Pizza just isn't pizza without onions! Can't wait to try it.

smile.gif

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"