Health Discovery Network
Guest eaglssong

DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE 6 POINTS

I would like to try this recipe with the meatless crumbles. Anyone know which brand tastes best?

I've tried Morningstar meatless crumbles and they were OK. They tasted fine, but they have the texture of a Nerf football. Boca makes meatless crumbles but they don't sell them in my area. If their crumbles taste like their burgers they should be terrific!

Kelli

Kelli :)<br /><br />Started 4/27/03<br />SW: 196<br />CW: 165<br />GW: 140

ok, I just read all of the reviews on this, and I am going to put it on the menu for this week.

I will use less beef, and add more peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a little spinach, and I think I might add a few little cubes off eggplant.I also have some light shredded cheese to use up, so I will use that.

I will let you all know how it went, wish me luck. (just learning with this cooking thing!) smile.gif mandyb

Guest Beth613

((((BUMP))))

I am always misplacing my paper copy of this recipe! ;)

I make this a little differently, but it comes out to 4.5 points/slice and is ultra tasty.

I use the same pizza crust, but instead of the pizza sauce and meats - I use:

1 C Ragu's light parmessan alfredo sauce

garlic powder

16 oz bag of California blend veggies

spinach - as much or as little as you like

2 C part skim mozzarella

parmessan cheese (optional - add points if necessary)

First, I cook and drain the veggies and preheat the oven to 450*. Then spray the 9x13 pan with cooking spray - spread out the crust and cook it for about 8 minutes. Then I add the toppings and cook for another 11 or 12 minutes and cut into 8 pieces. It is sooooooooooo good!

I make another one for the rest of my family with 1 cup of cheap pizza sauce, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni and 2 C cheese. I cook it the same way and they love it too. I'm not sure what the points on this are, because I don't have a package of the pepperoni or sauce handy - but the crust and cheese are 16 each (32/8 = 4/slice for that part anyway).

I HIGHLY recommend this pizza - it has nearly become a weekend staple at our house tongue.gif

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

Count me in! I was just thinking about making a french bread pizza, but this sounds wonderful, and all the replies just make me know it will be great. I was just wondering though, how was the turkey peperoni? I dont really like ground beef on my pizza (and there seems to be such a debate over the points!)

I can. I will.<br /> <br />Started WW: 9-15-09<br />SW: 251.4<br />CW: 219.0<br />WWGW: 150<br />PGW: 135<br />Lost: 32.4

Guest Camden

Tried this last night with some slight variations.

I used Hot Italian Sausage cooked it very well and then drained and rinsed sausage through colander. I cooked up onions, mushrooms and garlic and added them to meat mixture w/ the Healthy Choice Chunky Tomato sauce. Then baked in my deep dish Pampered Chef Stoneware...turned out awesome!! Hard to limit myself to one piece...delish.

I made this tonight and my roommate loved it. He almost fainted when I told him it was a ww recipe after he ate more than half (he is skinny so he can do that). It will definitly be made again.

Melanie :D

ok with the spinach substitution.... do you use frozen or freash... how much of teh frozen do you un thaw and drain??? I wa sthinking of mixing up 1/b of gr turkey with spinach......

stacey :confused:

Recommited 2-13-04<br />sw 185<br />cw 176<br />goal 140

I made this for the first time and it was great! I used a sausage flavored soy product- Gimme Lean, and added onions, mushrooms and green peppers along with the sauce. I did bake the pizza crust for 5 minutes before adding the other ingredients. This is a big thumbup.gif

Carole

[ February 17, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: quilting lady ]

You have to have a dream to have a dream come true

272/146

Guest raidermom

Finally tried this...not bad! :D

I like to make my own "from scratch" pizza....but on a lazy Sunday afternoon this was great. Easy sneezy!

Also...I find you have to be careful with the cheese....most part-skim mozzarella is 2 points per ounce, which would be 12 points worth of cheese for this recipe and the way I figured it, would raise the points to 7 per slice. I happened to find a Sargento brand which came in 3/4 ounce slices for slightly over 1 point per slice. Seeing as I only used about 3/4 of the burger.....I kept it at 6 points per slice.

This is a keeper! thumbup.gif

Oh boy! Now I'm going to making this for our Friday night pizza nights! Thanks so much!!! ;)

Lizzie<br />YA-YA Name: Empress Walks-On-Water<br /><br />Starting Weight - 185<br />Current Weight - 178<br />Goal Weight - 135<br /><br />7 pounds GONE!

Bumping up

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest Tina_30

mmmm this sounds very good, thanks for bumping up, going to attempt later this week!

Guest Tina_30

Made this for dinner tonight, 2 thumbs up!!! DH and I both loved it.

:water1:

First of all I have to say that this is wonderful! Now I want to tell you a little story:

On Saturday night I told my DH that I wanted to try a new WW recipe for dinner. He stated "Oh man, do you really have to experiment tonight??" I said, "I've heard it's really good! It will be okay! I'm sure you'll like it!" So he said "ok, I guess!" I then proceeded to make this recipe.

After it was finished, I brought it out and we began to eat. I asked him how he liked it and he said "It's ok I guess". I told him I really liked it. About 10 minutes later he asked if he could have a second piece.......still commenting that it's just "ok". He proceeded to eat the second piece completely. So......I just thought he tolerated it. We ended up with a couple pieces left.

So, the next day I asked him what he wanted to have for lunch and I couldn't believe what he said: "Can we have that leftover pizza?". I about died. I said "I thought you said it was just ok?" He then said something that had me rolling: "I was actually hoping you'd make another one!!!" Oh, you gotta love DHs! :-)

SW-200

CW-180

GW-135

BUmp one of my all time WW faves! I PREbake my crist a little so it stiffens up to reduce sogginess. I also use a garden veggie style tomato sauce, and I add chopped green pepper, chopped mushroom and a little onion to thicken it up. I use a little less ground beef, too. :) I highly recomment this to anyone!

Guest kaydoe

YUM...trying to bump up! A HUGE hit at my house!

BUMP!!!

I just made this tonight usuing someone suggestion of spinach instead of ground meat and it was so delicious, I highly recommend it. I added turkey pepperoni to it and got to eat two very big slices. I am stuffed now!!!! You have to try it!

K

I made this with extra lean ground turkey mixed with spinich with turkey peperonni. Yummmm. A big hit at my superbowl party.

Thanks its now one of my favorites

SW 153 CW 134 GW 125

10% Goal: 130