Health Discovery Network
Guest eaglssong

DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE 6 POINTS

I can't wait to try this! How many points do ya'll think it would be if I used about 2 links (taken out of casings) of turkey italian sausage and some turkey pepperoni? YUM!

SW (2/11/05): 185.8

CW (4/12/05): 173.2

GOAL: 135 - 38.5 to go!

Thanks for this awesome recipe! I took a suggestion from above and did the cottage cheese/egg topping - it really was good! And added lots of protein!

Also - about the soggy crust thing...are you sure it is soggy? Or is it the cheese melting on top of it? It think if you put the sauce and meat in first, then layer the rest of the cheese, remaining sauce, toppings...you won't get that soggy crust thing.

At any rate, this recipe is a keeper for me. I actually used about a cup of browned ground round with onion for my meat. It was plenty and it tasted really great.

I will be making this on Friday nights when I used to crave pizza from Papa John's!!!

:)

Not that this thread needs another post about how good this is, but I just can't help myself! :D

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delish'! I used ground turkey breast, onion, and ff shredded cheese. I prebaked the crust, so it was really crispy on the bottom. I addedd all of the cheese to the top.

When I figured out the points, it came out to be 8 points for 1/6. 8 is a lot, but the servings are really big. This is definitely something I will make again!

Bumpity=bump

Carole L

SW 285-CW219.8-GW160

YA YA NAME Princess Rise and Shine

First 10% April 10, 2003

"Do not call forth the darkness, before the dawn"

Edna St Vincent-Millay

Guest Torsie

Ok, I'm dying here! I started WW on 7/16 and today is the first day

I've really really been hungry. I think it's more of an "Iamgettingsosickofchicken" than true hunger. Haha

I am making this tomorrow night...sounds soooo good.

Thanks for this site, I've gotten some great recipes and ideas here.

07/16/05

SW190

CW181

GW140

Guest Torsie

What a disappointment.

I went to our Wal-Mart Supercenter and they didn't have the canned

pizza crust. :(

Do you all get it somewhere special to get it?

Torsie~

I usually get my Pizza Crust in the refrigerator section of my local Waldbaums, Pathmark, or King Kullen. It is usually in the dairy section with the Pillsbury biscuits. Sorry you were disappointed, because this recipe is Yummo! I must make it at least once every two weeks for DH:buddysmoo ! Keep looking, it is worth it!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Guest Torsie

MT,

Thanks and I did find the pizza dough today at a family market.

My grandkids are spending the night and we're going to make

Pizza for lunch tomorrow. My daughter and my granddaughter

started WW the same day I did and it sure helps

that we are all on it together.

Guest Torsie

Ok people..I bought the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough but now I

see that it is 13 oz and not 10 oz.

I'm making it as a dinner main meal for 4 people.

Can someone please tell me if I've figured this right?

Figuring everything with my PointsSlider and the actual products I get this:

1/4 - 13oz can Pillsbury pizza dough 5 pts

Oscar Meyer Can.Bacon (3 slices) 1 pt

Sm. Jar Ragu Pizza Sauce 1/2c 1 pt

Kraft FF shredded Mozzarella cheese 1/2c 2 pts

Pineapple Tidbits 1/4c .5 pt

Mushrooms 0 pt

9.5 pts

Thanks!

This was SOOO good! :crazy: I made it tonight for dinner with spinach, mushrooms and onions. DH and DD loved it, too. DD is almost 3 and not much for veggies, and she even ate all the spinach! I will definetly make this again, but will also add garlic. I forgot to put it in this batch :(

Theresa

A goal is a dream with a deadline......

Yum thanks for the great recipe.

I just made my version and it was delish! Here is how I did it.

1 pillsbury pizza crust

1 cup part skim mozzerella

8 oz frozen spinach

1 can whole tomatoes

1 big clove garlic

2tsp italian herbs (I use penzey's italian herb and oregno spices)

Garlic salt

parmesan cheese for sauce

1 small onion

Turkey Pepperoni

Preheat 425

Drain off water from tomatoes. Coarsely blend the can of tomatoes. Put in a saucepan and add spices, parmesan, onion and garlic. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Microwave spinach and drain the liquids.

Spray a 9x13 casserole and line it with the pizza crust, pushing up the edges along the sides of the dish. Bake for 8 minutes or so.

Pull out the crust and spread 1/2 cup mozzerella on the bottom, then sprinkle the spinach on top of that. Top with 17 slices of turkey pepperoni, top with sauce (I kinda used the chunky part and not the liquid part). Then top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 425

1/6 of the pizza (which is pretty filling with veggies) is only 4.5 points

Alison - mama of 2 (ages 5 & 7)

WW maintainer

Doing SFT for maintenance

weight.png

I am so excited - this looks like something I can do - and I sure do miss my Pizza!:crazy:

Carrie

:cool:

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!

I made this tonight and it was AMAZING! I wanted to add my variation here:

I used turkey sausage - Jennie-O hot sausage links are 4 pts. for each link so I used 3 links which is 2 pts. per serving. I just took it out of the casing and browned it until it crumbled.

I also used Hormel turkey pepperoni - 17 slices = 2 pts. so I used 3 servings which is 1 pt. per serving for the pizza.

I added in onion, mushroom and green pepper.

For the sauce I used a can of diced tomatos, oregano & basil flavored and 3/4 can of tomato paste.

The only pizza crust I could find was 13 oz.

Total points for this version came out to be 7, but totally worth it!

Andrea

Weight loss isn't about willpower or motivation; it's just the cumulative effects of tiny actions over time. - DietGirl

I used to make something similar all the time, I think it worked out to less points though, for a huge portion. I will have to make it in the next week or two and post for sure. My recipe called for canned biscuits that you cut up and threw into a loaf pan, layering tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni, and lf cheese.

254/224/154

I tried this twice so far--The first time with ground turkey and again tonite with sauteed green pepper, onion, and mushrooms in its place. Both were good but I liked the veggie mixture a little better as I'm not a big meat eater. I used regular pizza sauce and prebaked the crust for 5 minutes (make sure that if u do this you do not bake for the full 12 minutes, it will burn the crust!) The veggie version was awesome!

Guest msbubleeee

This recipe is a huge hit in my house... I take one serving of the crust, squeeze that into a pie plate, then one of the meat/sauce and one serving of the cheese (I use LF) and throw onions, mushrooms or whatever vegies I want. That way I feel I have plenty and it keeps me out of theirs..lol Otherwise I would overstuff myself with theirs...Its very good!!!

This is a family favorite. I use the RF Crescent Rolls and Boca Crumbles to lower the points. DH and DS cannot tell that it is not "real" meat and they fight over the leftovers!

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

* BUMP *

:bcb_bigsm

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

I tried this last night and used Boca crumbles, 2% mozzarella, Hunt's Pizza Flavored Tomato Sauce and added spinach, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes. Yummo. 4.5 points per slice (recipe made 6 large square pieces total) and I was very full with two slices. Can't wait to eat leftovers for lunch on Saturday!:bcb_bigsm

Mary

40 year old mom to Abby and Lily, ages 5 and 2

CW 216 SW 245 (2004) LW 185 (2006)

Wow, this is a keeper!

For me, it came out to 9 points ... I need to look for a lower point pizza dough I guess. I used pillsbury breadsticks dough, and even though it was low fat, I think it bumped up the points.

I also used 90% lean beef, next time I might as well use lighter beef, and maybe even a little less. But it is totally delicious and easy to make, and we'll have leftovers for awhile, so 9 points or no, it's definitely going into my repertoire.

Gillian / SW: 273.0 / CW: 245.8 (7/25/2009) / GW: 145.0

Yummy yummy yummy! I made this last night. I used turkey pepperoni and used 1/2 FF mozzarella & 1/2 2% part skim. I added green peppers, onions and mushrooms. I shared it with my DBF and we both loved it! This recipe is a definite keeper for me! Thanks!

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

Guest Hailey

OMG, I was looking for something like this, thanks for posting.

I made this last night...very good! I ended up using the whole tube of pizza dough (which was 14 oz)...so when I pointed it by 6 pieces, it came to 9 points. But I noticed that those pieces were huge!! So I ended up cutting it into 10 pieces at 6 points each. And I added mushrooms and onions..great recipe!!

Rosie (joined 1/16/08)

weight.png