Health Discovery Network
verngator1

OT: Not AWOL...just BUSY!

Hey Buddies!

I'm writing to you on my new netbook from the comfort of an airplane seat, somewhere between Atlanta and Wichita, KS...on the way to meeting my new baby kind-of-grandson Devon!

I posted last week to say that our house was flooded due to a sewer line blockage. Thankfully it was clean water only, but we have been dealing the aftermath.

Then our dear Monica called to say that she hadn't been sleeping well and that she MIGHT be having contractions, even though she wasn't due for another 3 weeks.

I received a 5AM text saying that she was at the hospital Wednesday morning. Later that morning the doctors advised a C-section as the baby's heartbeat was slowing down too much between contractions...and now we have Devon.

Both baby and mom are fine! I'll post pictures later.

She is entitled to at least four days in the hospital without special authorization, so I'm telling her to stay put as long as possible. I want to get some cleaning and organizing done before she comes home Saturday. Since the baby is a bit early, things aren't yet completely set up and she still needs some supplies. I'm working with her DH on a shopping list as we plan to pick up what she needs when I arrive. So tonight we'll be cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, etc...

I'll post when I can!

Hugs to all...

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Congrats kind-of-grandma Veronica!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!! I hope you have a great time in KS!!!!!! Enjoy your new grandson!!

AND thanks for checking in and letting us know your okay!!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

V, while you're enjoying your flight, clean out your PM box! :bcb_wink3:bcb_bigsmI can't send you a PM til you do!!!!

Lynn

Congrats to you all!!

Safe travels, and we look forward to seeing some pics!

I have some great friends in Wichita - wish I was coming with you!

V, I emailed you instead, but you still need to clean out your PM box if you want to ever get a PM again!

Lynn

sent the PM (identical to my email) now...JUST BECAUSE I COULD!

Lynn

Congratulation kind-of-grandma. Enjoy!!

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Congratulations!! Enjoy your visit and lots of hugs for the little guy!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Here he is...Baby D.

I am so in love with this little guy!

Congratulations, Veronica!! He is so sweet!! (And I just love the "travel system"!!)

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Congratulations, Veronica!! He is so sweet!! (And I just love the "travel system"!!)

Ha ha - that thing is like a Transformer - it reconfigures into a bazillion different incarnations. But it's very sturdy and lightweight, at least compared to stollers I remember. There are SO many baby thingies out there - I had NO idea.

Check THIS out: Pee-Pee Teepee ...although this is more of a shower gift (pun intended).

We also found $6.00 ADJUSTABLE SOCKS.

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....:bcb_smile Devon rhymes with "heaven"....:kiss:

Love the "travel system", too! Such cool stuff. I've got a first grandson arriving in June, so I'm loving that you're sharing all your finds, V! :bcb_smile:salut

Keep on having FUN!

Keep pictures coming. :bcb_smile

And you, too, Dr.J (Kind-of-Grandmom) :wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Thanks for the pics grandma V! He's PRECIOUS!!!!

Lynn

What an absolute cutie-pie!!

I, too, had NO IDEA there were all of those gadgets and gee-gaws and you name it for babies! I've been told that my job is to just provide the "custom clothing" (a la Martha Pullen).

Baby Alice's dedication (kind of like a baptism only without the water) is this Sunday, so hopefully I'll have lots of pics to show of her (in the custom clothing that I made for the occasion).

PS: I don't know how to make heirloom clothing but I guess I'm going to learn! :bcb_grin

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

What an absolute cutie-pie!!

I, too, had NO IDEA there were all of those gadgets and gee-gaws and you name it for babies! I've been told that my job is to just provide the "custom clothing" (a la Martha Pullen).

Baby Alice's dedication (kind of like a baptism only without the water) is this Sunday, so hopefully I'll have lots of pics to show of her (in the custom clothing that I made for the occasion).

PS: I don't know how to make heirloom clothing but I guess I'm going to learn! :bcb_grin

How exciting! I am so envious of talented folks like you! I have no such artistic talent...basically the best gift I can give is my time here, which is quickly coming to a close. I'm going to be very sad to leave tomorrow.

We should be back in the summer, for our usual trip to visit DD's birth family.

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator