Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

BCB Exercisers! ~~~~ March ~~~~

I guess I didn't think about a new month starting when I posted my plan for the week on Saturday!! LOL :crazy:

Monday- 1hr boxing, 1hr interval weights/cardio & Kundalini yoga

Tuesday- 75 min spin & yoga

Wednesday- physique 57 & hot yoga

Thursday- 75 min spin & pilates

Friday- physique 57 & anti-gravity yoga

See you on Saturday with the weekend update!! :wave:

Kimberley

Good Morning

I just did a 30 minute treadmill workout. Did a "my design" and I saved it so I can do the same workout again, first time I've done this (tried it last week and messed it up so it didn't save). I'm going to save a few different ones so I have some longer, some shorter, harder etc etc. I normally dread getting on the treadmill but playing around with the different programs is making it a bit more interesting.

Woke up with a cold this morning but felt pretty good running regardless. Have my body toning class tonight, and am planning to go.

Hope you all have a great workout today :D

Moe :salut

Sorry about the cold there Moe! I hope you're better soon.

Yesterday morning I did two of the Mens' Health Belly Off workouts - bodyweight and dumbell blast workouts. They were good, but doing each by themself wouldn't be enough for me, so I did them both. This morning I got up at 5:30 and ran outside. This is the first true run I've had in about 3 months. It was a brisk 25*, the moon and stars were out, and it was really nice. I did a slow 4 miles in 35:40, but it was nice to be out running again!

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

"Some people go through life standing at the excuse counter. Get out of line. "

My Picture Show

My plan for the week is to try to get in a few miles whenever I can. I'm in the middle of a redecorating frenzy, not mine, the women in my life. My younger son is buying a new house and we're making plans for all sorts of sprucing up as soon as he closes. So what happens is that it sparked the nesting instinct in my wife and daughter and they got new house envy. Suddenly we want to repaint and re-tile everything in sight.

Jack Berkery, Latham, NY, Sexagenarian Extraordinaire

visit my artwork web site at www.MohawkView.com

Hey all - quick post from me today. Men's Health Bodyweight and Dumbell Blast strength training workout for me this morning.

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

My Picture Show

Me again. I had a nice hard run outside this morning. It was quite brisk at 22*, but the moon and stars were shining brightly, so it was nice.

I ran intervals for 4.4 miles - 1/2 block hard, followed by 1 block easy-normal for recovery. Total time was 35:38, which is just a hair over 8 min/mi - very good for me lately! It sure feels good to be out there running again after the 3 months off!

Have a good one!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Leg still bothering me, but better. No running, but doing elliptical which is not so hard on the leg. Have a 5K on the 14th to run! I better be healed by then! bcb_sad

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Bella%2Band%2BI%2BIntro%2BA.jpg

Liz - take it easy. If you rush back into it too soon, you won't be ready for your race for sure!

This morning, I did 3 different workouts - 55 minutes total

1. 3 circuits of the Men's Health BodyWeight workout
  2. 3 circuits of the Men's Health Dumbell Blast workout
  3. 1 circuit of 2 different Men's Health Fast Abs workouts

The first 2 (what was planned) didn't seem to do it for me this morning, so I added #3. That did it! :bcb_mad:

Have a great one!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Jack- Just say NO to helping with the redecorating! Stop the insanity! LOL

Clif- Keep up the great work!

Liz- I hope your leg feels better soon!

Moe- I miss being able to do customized TM workouts. Nah, actually I don't miss my TM at all except when I watch TV. It bothers me to just sit there on the couch but not even to start doing things like sit ups or push ups while watching. I'm not that crazy! LOL

Here's my weekly update!

Saturday- 10K outdoor run

Sunday- TBD (another run if I can't get a spot for Lucas & Nathan at child-care at the gym)

Monday- 1hr boxing, 1hr interval weights/cardio & 1hr Kundalini yoga

Tuesday- 75 min spin class & 1hr yoga

Wednesday- physique 57 & 1hr spin

Thursday- 1hr spin & 1hr pilates

Friday- physique 57 & anti-gravity yoga

Kimberley

6 mile run outside this morning. It was another brisk start to the day, but even at 22*, with the sun coming up, it was really nice! I'm not as fast as I was last year yet, but I'm pretty happy with my time - 50:48. Have a great weekend.

Clif #125

My Picture Show

The spring racing season began today in these parts. I ran a few winter series races but never do those very hard. It's more a matter of surviving them than racing. Today was the 4 mile Runnin Of The Green in a town called Green Island, NY. Weather can be iffy in March but this time it was nice, above freezing at least and not windy which is always a plus in March.

I didn't know how well I'd be running since I've been trudging only 2-3 miles a few days a week on the dreadmill in the basement and very few miles outdoors. Apparently, the upper body workouts I've been doing haven't hurt the leg speed.

I ran 39:14 (gun time). It took about 20 seconds just to reach the starting line, so actual 4 mile time would be under 39. That's a full minute faster than I ran this race last year. What's more they adjusted the starting line back about 50 meters. Maybe it was a bit shy of 4 miles last year. Since 09 was the best year I've had in two decades it bodes well for the year ahead.

Congrats on your race Jack, good to know that the upper body workouts have helped.

Yesterday I got outside for a 5 mile run, it was beautiful out, felt great. I am thinking today of trying a longer one, I have mostly been on the treadmill lately and don't usually do more than 40-45 minutes on there. maybe I'll try a 10K today. We'll see. the weather looks good :)

sounds like your running is coming along Clif. I love when spring arrives, and these outdoor runs feel so great.

Yesterday I hit the weights in the basement and did the Mens' Health Fast Abs workout series. It's pretty good, but I'm ready to change it up with the next month's workout! It should be out soon.

My running does seem to be coming along Moe, thanks! It's getting better each day, but I feel that my form hasn't quite returned yet. This morning I went out to run an up tempo run - trying to hit/break the 8 min/mi pace for 4 miles. I was close the first 2 - 8:12 & 8:03, and got it then next 2 - 7:48 & 7:42. It sure felt good to stretch it out a bit and hit my goal!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Ran outside today; it is in the low 60s here in D.C. Ya know, when one injury gets better, another one takes its place. Sounds like Simon & Garfunkel's, "Cecelia". The verse that goes, "When I come back to bed, someone's taken my place." Can't cut a break. bcb_sad

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Went to my one-hour body toning class last night, no cardio.

Today will be running outside, gorgeous day, sun is out, only -5*C though, but no wind so should be a nice run! Not sure of the distance, I usually only decide once I'm out there and see how I feel. Hoping for 10K.

Hey all, a little update for you:

Yesterday I did the Mens' Health-Fast Abs workout - about 50 minutes of strength/weight training.

Today I ran a file mile look with 3 stops of 144 steps at the local church - total time of 47:28. I was whooped when I got home!

Take care everyone!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Howdy all! I'm back - I used to post on the runners' thread. I was on my own since the fall doing a modified WW program. Then the holidays, then life - yadda, yadda, yadda. My last 5K was at the end of September. I haven't run since then as I'm still procrastinating about dealing with the heel issue. Walking has replaced running for now. Before I knew what I was doing, I signed up for 2 mile St. Patty's Run on 3/20. I ran it last year and it was the funnest, coolest race I have ever run. I'll definitely have to take care of the heel after that race.

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the old timers and meeting the new folks!

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Hi Darlene welcome back! I occasionally posted on the runners thread too, but not a lot so you might not remember me. I pulled a muscle (or something) back in november and couldn't run for a month. I was lost. Thankfully I have a stairclimber and was able to do that.

I had a good exercise week this week, ran 44K in total and got 3 body toning classes in. Not sure what today will be, i haven't decided yet. Either a run or stairclimber.

I do remember you, Moe! Glad you're back pounding the pavement!

It's been raining here all weekend, so I couldn't get out for a practice run. I did some strength training today with a DVD. I get out of work late, so I'll have to rely on walking at lunch and just wing the race on Sat. I'm sure it will be more of a trot, but I will cross the finish line.

Darlene

RESTART 8/25/2012

Hey all, here's an update:

I didn't have time to get any exercise in on Saturday, because I was in Boy Scout training all day. I did get out Sunday afternoon and got in 5 miles - 42:50. It was a pretty relaxed run, and I'm ok with that time. Yesterday I did strength training with the Mens Health Fast Abs workout (50 minutes). This morning I was back out there pounding the pavement. I did a 4.4 mile Tempo run in 34:20, which beat my 8:00/mi goal - actually in the upper 7s!!! Yeah, I was happy with that!

Have a great one!

Oh, and welcome back Darlene!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

I've been busy sprucing up my son's new house but still get in a 3 or 4 mile run every morning. And of course the push-ups, I'm doing a bit more than 1000 a week. Trust me though, stripping wallpaper is a tough workout all by itself. Nasty, messy work too. Then yesterday we ripped up carpets and pulled out tack strips and staples for hours.

Hi guys!

I did my 90K skiing thing on the 28th of february (Lousy conditions, more than 10% DNF, took me 10 hours!!!), so I've started this month with a little rest. However, I am back up to speed now!

Update on March exercise:

5: Skiing 2 hours

10: Yoga

11: Walk 1,45

12 Gym + swim

15: jog/walk

16 Gym + swim

17: Yoga

I started a runnig program. It's like the C25K, but it builds up to a marathom distance in 26 weeks. It's for someone who just wants to ba able to finish a marathon, and I am doing a 30K thing in september, so it seemed appropriate. It's starting out very slow, though, so I'm working on my patience.

/Hanna

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

Hanna, is the running program you're doing a podcast? I'm doing a 2 mile Shamrock Run on Sat. If my heel behaves, I may start back running a few times a week. I'll probably do the C25K, but if what you're doing is a podcast, I may do that instead.

Darlene

RESTART 8/25/2012

Darlene, nope, not a podcast. A swedish website.

/H

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

DD and I ran the St. Patrick's Day race (5K) in Baltimore last Sunday. What a mass of humanity! 4,500 registered participants, not to mention all the other people milling around for the parade afterwards. The weather was not great, but it did not rain. It was overcast and very chilly. Since it wasn't pouring down rain, we decided to go ahead and run the course.

During the run I'm thinking, what am I doing? After the run, I'm thinking, I could run some more! HA. Hindsight is great, isn't it?:bcb_grin

Planning on 1 1/2 hour walk tomorrow a.m. at the local park. I'm sure it will be packed out since the temps will be in the 70s tomorrow. Here's hoping 9:30 is too early for some people because it will still be slightly cool.

Liz

The Dressage Queen