Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Finallylosing

Week 5 Recipe

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I made the Week 5 Recipe today!!It was wonderful. I made it with spinach and I used garbonzo beans instead of cabinelli beans, but it was yummy!!!

I suggest if yuo haven't tried it, you need to!!

smile.gif

Pre-WW: 196.9 (9 Jan 01)<BR>Started WW: 185.6 (25 Jan 01)<BR>Now: 169.2<BR>10% Goal: 167.6<BR>Personal: 135<BR>5'4", 28.3 lbs down with 33.6 lbs to go!!!

I'm new on the boards and I'm an At Home member. Not to ask a stupid question, but what is the Week 5 recipe?

Pasta with Greens and Beans

6 garlic cloves (I used 4, this was enough)

4 cups coursely cut broccoli rabe (escarole or spinach may be substituted)-I used fresh spinach

1 1/2 cups drained canned cannellini beans, rinsed (again, I sustituted garbonzo beans)

2 cups veggie broth

6 oz uncooked pasta, cooked according to pkg

1. Lightly spray large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add garlic;cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until softened, about 5 minutes.

2. Add broccoli rabe (or spinach) and beans; cook 2-3 minutes. Add broth; bring toa boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I am not one to follow a recipe to the T, so I added chopped onions and mushrooms. Very tasty and I ate this at 3pm and was not hungry the rest of the night.

Serves 4, 5 pts per serving

Enjoy!!!

Pre-WW: 196.9 (9 Jan 01)<BR>Started WW: 185.6 (25 Jan 01)<BR>Now: 169.2<BR>10% Goal: 167.6<BR>Personal: 135<BR>5'4", 28.3 lbs down with 33.6 lbs to go!!!