Health Discovery Network
werforpsu

set points

I have read up some on set points but i am a bit confused about one thing.

do you use set points even if you KNOW what the points value is...i get the restaurant situation but here is my example:

i fry up 3 whole eggs for myself...2 points a piece. is that 6 points for 3 eggs, or is it 5 points as a set point value...is calling that 5 points using set points incorrectly?

SW:231.6

CW:231.1

GW #1: 200

Week #: 1

Meghan

My feeling is, if you know the POINTS for something you should use them. In the situation you used as an example, you know you've eaten 3 eggs and you know the points are 6. So, you've eaten 6 points, even if you decide to use SetPOINTS and track only 5.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Set points are not to be used in situations where you can weigh or measure your portion, i.e. when eating out or dinner at friends, etc. You can certainly count 3 eggs so that's 6 points.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

My understanding is that set points are only to be used where you cannot weigh or measure something, such as a restaurant situation, party, etc. If you know the points and count point then you should do so when you know what they are. I have not used set points yet, but wouldn't hesitate if I felt the need.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130