Health Discovery Network
Guest dancingthepoundsaway

Slimmin Sisters.. want to join???

Hi everyone.. I would love to start a new support group for anyone who is interested? I have only recently re-joined and would love to get together with a few people on the forum each day to check in on each other and make sure we are all getting the encouragement, drive and tips we need to stay OP. The main reason I am starting this is because I always attended weight watchers with my mam, we would text everyday to see how we were doing with our points, attend meeting together and share tips like foods we found with really low points value.. My mam is at her goal now (as was I) however now I am right back were I started and my journey will be so much easier if I’m doing it with others.. I know that there are daily threads etc on here but the reason this site has not worked for me in the past is that there is very little direct communication between individuals apart from those that have been on here a long time and have already formed a bond.. So I think it is a good idea to start a small group for people who would like to help and support each other towards their goals.

So if you want to join just post below with some information about yourself (as much as you like to share about hobbies, lifestyle etc), your weight watchers story (when the weight issues started, when you joined etc.), your original starting weight, your current weight, your short and long term goals, your weaknesses/strengths in relation to weight loss and anything else you would like to share..

Hopefully there are a few of you out there like me that would like to have a close group within the forum to keep in touch with…

OK so here it goes…

I grew up with a huge appetite however I was naturally thin until I hit about 12.. I went through a terrible time for the first few years of Secondary School where my best friends and I got involved with a bad crowd. While I was with them I had started drinking in parks (I was 13) before heading to the teen discos… This went on for a short period of time, I never really liked it, I didn’t drink much but a lot of the girls became aggressive or just really stupid.. this was also around the same time that boys came on the scene.. Unfortunately for me this was probably my worst period with regards to my looks.. I was self conscious and frumpy (not extra large I was a size ten but I had a bit of a muffin top!) with a terrible dress sense! My best friends turned on me and I was left on my own and very very venerable.. I turned to food for comfort which led to further weight gain. I still wasn’t big though as I attended dance classes several times a week. Dancing became my best friend and I started teaching alongside my instructor. I eventually got in with a really good group of friends and things started to turn around..

Then boys came into my life.. I had my first serious boyfriend at 15 and so on came the bad eating habbits.. I ballooned up to 11st, after we broke up and which was around the time my mam joined weight watchers I started eating healthily.. I got down to about 9st 6lbs and felt so happy with myself. I finished school with incredible results and was feeling more confident than ever. Then came another boy.. Bad habbits set in straight away, meals out, takeaways etc and before long I was back up to 11st 3lbs which was my weight when I joined weight watchers (March 2007). The weight came off quick at first and I got down to around 10st.. A family holiday in Orlando ment an extra 8lbs were added on but I kept at it and got back to around 10st.. I then met my current boyfriend and guess what happened?? A few months later I was 11st 2lbs.. I know what your thinking I should just be single and skinny lol) but I got back into it again and finally made it to my goal in June of 2008. I went on holidays days later and put on about 7lbs.. I lost this over time to get to 9st 8lbs.. then another holilday in Orlando led to a gain of 10lbs.. I stayed around 10st 5lbs until Christmas of 2009.. A holiday in Paris, followed by the Christmas period, followed by nights out with my new job lead to me being back here at 11st 3lbs (a sticky number I think!)…

So now I am a 21 year old Irish women, I work as a trainee accountant in Dublin City Centre. I am very determined that this is my time to lose the weight and keep it off for good. Below are my goals

1st Goal => April 16th

Goal Weight: 10st 5lbs

Loss: 10lbs

I am going to a college ball with my boyfriend on this date and I am really excited about it. I will feel so much better in my dress I can drop a few pounds and get to my mini-goal weight

2nd Goal => May 26th

Goal Weight: 9st 12lbs

Loss: 17lbs

This is my birthday and I want to be able to wear a nice figure hugging dress for once. I'll be heading out with work and with my boyfriend and it would be great to be able to feel more confident.

Final Goal => August 30th

Goal Weight: 9st 1lbs

Total Loss: 28lbs

This is the day I leave for my summer holidays. The holiday will be full of bikini body days, nights out and some, em, romantic moments if you know what I'm talking about!!

My fitness goal is the Dublin Mini Marathon, 10km run that I am doing in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. I am relatively fit from dancing and the gym but this is the first big event that I have signed up for.

Come on girls don’t be shy post your details and lets start helping each other!!

Guest Kaypix

Karen -

I'm in the Terrific 20's forum, pretty new to the WW program (this round) and enjoyed the company so far :) So I'd invite ya over to our group of people. Here's the skinny on me (no pun intended):

All my life I was athletic, never "skinny" I think I was normally a size 9 in juniors (about a size 6-8 adult women size i think) until my sophomore year in college (I was 20, it was 2005), and then I got married. Up until then I had hovered between 135-145 LBS (9 st 5 lbs?) Then I moved to San Diego to be a military wife. We eloped and it was very romantic, but moving down there I started gaining weight, little by little. In San Diego I hit about 150 while I was there, so still acceptable for my height (5'7") and still very athletic. I rode a sport bike everywhere as it was warm enough to ride every day. So I was riding all the time and keeping the calories mostly burned, then we moved home to frigid South Dakota.

We have about 5 months out of the year that are ideal "riding season"...the rest of the time we have snow, rain, and wind. We also have a lot of food that is bread or cornbased...not that I don't love the food, but it didn't love me back. So over the next year of being home (2007 until 2008) I went from 150 up to 180, then went on Weight Watchers October 2008. I lost 25 lbs (1 st 9 lbs) by December 2008, and got my new job in January 2009. It seemed like the world was my oyster, it was great! But then I realized that I now had a sedentary job (before I had always working retail on my feet). Within 6 months I had piled the 25 lbs back on, and my self esteem followed suit. I got additional weight over the next 6 months, and now here I am, back on the program. My goal is to get down to either 150 or be able to fit back into a size 10 by mid June this summer, whichever happens first.

My overall goal is 135 according to weight watchers, once I start getting close I'll let ya know how it's going and if I actually want to hit that. I don't know where exactly I'll end up before I am satisfied, or what I'll weight after building X amount of muscle, but my final jean size I'd like to be a size 8 or 10, I just don't know if my frame can go smaller than an 8 so I'm not going to push it. I'm just going to try and stick with it and see where this takes me :)

Favorite foods of mine include the Hostess 100 cal pack chocolate cake with cream filling. 1 point for 3 little chocolate fluffs. They are great, and have a lot of fiber in them, they work great as getting a chocolate fix without blowing your points :) If you want any other easy food ideas that are low points for a quick snack let me know :)

Welcome to the forums again and I hope life is treating you good :)

Thanks for your reply Kara..

I found it hard when I started a new job, everyone went to the canteen for lunch and as it was a also a social even and I was new I felt I had to go. The place was full of bad choices!! Now I bring lunch with me to save both money and points!! I never heard of that snack it’s probably not available over here but I’ll check online.. Little treats like that are a complete life saver because I am such a snacker!!

I have popped into the terrific twenties forum and there is a lot of regular posters, It’s nice to find others that are not on the forum/back on the forum that long or haven’t yet got to know people very well on the forum.

I’m also keeping my own little challenge blog going, just for myself really, and I’m hoping this will help keep me motivated

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums//showthread.php?209777-*****Time-to-become-the-new-me*****

Have you got any events/special dates coming up that your working towards? I was going to get a new dress for the ball I’m going to next month but I’m so afraid to buy a ten and have it not fit and I don’t really have any other formal events coming up. I also don’t want to buy a 12 because I don’t plan on being a size 12 in a few months.. AND as well as that I feel I don’t deserve a new dress yet!! I have a very nice one that I bought for my graduation so I think I’ll recycle that and then buy myselft something really pretty when I reach one of my bigger targets, might treat myself and get my hair and nails done instead!!

Guest Kaypix

Well Karen, as far as events coming up go, I have to get slimmed down before summer comes around so I can look my best when I ride to Chicago, it's a 9.5 hour ride so I want to be in good shape. Also I want to buy a new riding jacket. I was a size small a while ago, and the jacket is in rough shape and it doesn't fit me at all, so it's time to get a new one, i'd be a large now, but I'd like to make it down to a medium. Goals within the first or next month though, I don't really have any, aside from staying on target with working out etc. I found that is is tricky for me to divide my time up equally, and sometimes staying accountable can be tough, but I know if I just stick with it that I'll be fine. I'll see what kind of stuff we have over here if you have it as products over there, but i'd say to to find the 100 cal packs of sweets at your local grocery store if you dont' have time to make some cookies of your own. I cook a lot with eggs and low cal bread. I'd say there's always something tasty to find for low points, if you're willing to look hard enough :)

We have a few good snacks over here too but I'm always looking for something different..

That sounds like a big challange.. silly question by riding do you mean a horse or a bike? Over here if you said riding it would normally be a horse but I have never heard of a horse riding jacket?!

Today is St. Patricks Day so not many of us working but luck me is one of them!! I'll be treating myself later to a chinese but I'll getting the low point option, possible a chow main.. I know in some parts of America St. Patricks day is a huge celebration is there anything happening near you?

Guest Kaypix

Why yes there is, we have this great Irish store downtown called Mrs. Murphy's Irish Gifts and they always do something fun, there is also a parade that we hold downtown the Saturday before St. Patrick's day every year, and the weather was great so the turnout was nice :) I ride a motorcycle, Suzuki SV650S (the bike in my avatar pic) And I'm part Irish, so today will be a nice day for me as well. :) I'm bound and determined for it to be a good day! I do know HOW to ride a horse, I've done it plenty of times before in my "youth" haha and where I'm from there is plenty of room for them to run. I'm in the midwest, South Dakota to be specific, and we have a lot of grassland and plains around, although I live in a big enough city where there isn't room for stables etc. We have about 150,000 people in the town I grew up in, I live there again, it's called Sioux (pronounced like the woman's name Sue) Falls. There's a beautiful little waterfall in our downtown, for which our city is named. There are farms all around us though as soon as you get past the city limits, we grow corn, and beans, and wheat, a lot around here, although we have all the normal "bigger city" stuff.

So far I haven't eaten yet today, just got back from the gym with my personal trainer, need to make my eggwich and take my vitamin, then maybe a nap is in order...

Oh god how did you manage to you for a training session without food!!! Breakfast in the morning is a huge must for me or else I just don't function!! Sometimes I hold off on breakfast until after my weigh in if I'm going to a morning one and even that is horrible!!

I went up to the parade at lunch time and the atmosphere was great.. It's a pitty that over here the celebration is only for one day but in some places in the US it goes on for alot longer (I think New York does this..)...

I'm just putting together an exercise plan for myself to help get me ready for the 10km run.. I need a bit of a kick up the you know what sometimes, I'd love to be able to get a personal trainer but that's not an option at the moment..

Hoping to be let off work early.. fingers & toes crossed lol

Guest Kaypix

I hear you there, the only reason I got one is because my mom footed the bill, and it was almost $1,000 US ... so I have every intention of paying her back as soon as I am able to. I'm taking notes on the equipment I'm using and the weights etc. that I'm working with. I want to be able to continue the routine after I no longer have a trainer...or at least that is the plan!

I'm PMSing today *sigh* I know, too much info, but I'm craving my homemade tator tot casserole, or mashed potatoes (flakes) and gravy (powdered) with bread underneath it all...my favorite high carb high fat low fiber foods *sigh* So it isn't pretty right now...I'm going to try and assuage my hunger by having some hot brocolli and cheese, might work til' i get home...we'll see!

I wonder if I'm getting hungrier throughout the day because my metabolism is increasing...thoughts?

That is probably it.. Also I think your bonkers not eating before your workout that puts your body under so much stress because your burning calories and you haven’t actually consumed any!! It’s always been recommended to me to eat at least 30mins before my workout, preferably something high in fibre.. I do have friends tho that just refuse point blank to eat breakfast.. Maybe you should try that and see if it helps?

That’s weird it’s that time of the month for me too and I was exactly the same.. craving my favourite bad for me foods, I actually walked to the shop where I get my favourite hot chocolate and fresh muffin but I managed to walk back out empty handed yah!

Guest Kaypix

a Nutritionist friend of mine advised that I workout before eating for the day, because it burns my stored fat instead of stuff that I had just eaten, it made sense so I did it. For me it isn't a problem because I work out right away, and I do'nt get hungry for breakfast til' I've been up about 2 hours normally (even when I don't work out) so I just use the working out for me to pass time til' it's time for my break-fast! :D Today was better, allowed myself to have some chocolate as a treat to reward myself for doing good, and I stayed on point. So it worked out OK, i just didn't eat as much healthy stuff I don't think as i should have, but tomorrow is a brand new day :) I'm off to get some ZzZzZs, have a good day :)

Kara

Good morning!! I gues that does make sense, My tummy does be growling the minute I wake up lol I doubt I'd be able to focus on anything else!!

I had a really good day yesterday (after having a bad one the day before) it's crazy how your emotions/motivation can fluctuate so much on a daily basis! Feeling good about today too, going to get out for a walk at lunchtime because the weather looks good (it's raining yesterday so I was stuck in)..

What are you plans for the day?

My BF is coming over again today so that always makes staying OP a lot harder..

I think I will use one or two extra points today because we are going to the gym tomorrow and again on Sunday so that'll make up for it.. Tomorrow I'm going to try do 10km on the treadmill and see how long it takes me so that in 12weeks time I can compare.. I'll have the BF there too tomorrow so he'll make sure I finish it lol

Guest Kaypix

Wow that's impressive :) 10k? I don't even know if I could run 5k! LoL But I'm in super bad shape. I have my meeting with my personal trainer today. She's great, and I feel the difference starting in my body already, which is great. Even though I can't see it, I can feel how much easier it is to do normal daily activities, it's like my body is happy that I"m doing mundane things instead of working out..."Oh look, we're lifting a book, this is less than the 15 lbs we had to lift last week...hooray!" So it is kind of a new feeling to have all the normal stuff just feel sooooooo easy! I'm going to pay penance for yesterday though, not working out that is, today. After my half hour session with Jane, I have 15 min of run/walk on my own, then tonight at work I'm going to workout while I wait for my DH to come pick me up. I work at a 911 dispatch center underneath or jail, and there's a treadmill in the basement, along with a bunch of other equipment.

Hey, speaking of DH, there's a page around here somewhere that tells what the normal abbreviations are, I will see if I can find it and let ya know where it's at...

I never really got into the LOST series, but we watch a ton of movies and TV Series at my house, I know, not a good way to get into shape. My goal this summer is to be able to run at least a mile with my dog each day, the key word being run. Eventually I'd like to participate in a 5k, my only goal being to finish haha.

It's cold and crappy today, the high is like, 37 deg Fahrenheit. and it is supposed to rain or snow at some point, a really "stay inside" kind of day. But I have to work out and go to work, save lives and all that lol. I already read the rest of my first book, and have to lose another 5 lbs before i can read another :S So I"m bummed about that. On the bright side, that means I'll be down to 180, a total of 12 lbs lighter than when I started, and that'll be over halfway to my first goal (10% of my original weight = 19.2 lbs)...it's all about small goals right? :) I don't know if I will ever get to my weight that I want, but it'll only be because I'll be reconditioning and building muscle, so I suppose that will be a fair tradeoff.

Well I"m off to get ready to go workout, I hope you are having a splendid day :) Take care!

Kara

Guest Kaypix

What does OP and the Other Abbreviations mean?

BTW.............By The Way DB................Dear or Darling Boyfriend

DD................Dear or Darling Daughter

DF.................Dear or Darling Fiancé

DH................Dear or Darling Husband

DW...............Dear Wife

IMO...............In My Opinion

IMHO.............In My Humble Opinion

IMNSHO.........In My Not So Humble Opinion

JK..................Just Kidding

LOL...............Laughing Out Loud

ROTFL...........Rolling On The Floor Laughing

NM................No More

OP................On Program

TIA...............Thanks In Advance

TOM..............Time Of Month

WOE.............Way Of Eating

WOL.............Way Of Life

W/W or WW...Weight Watchers

Thanks for all the abbreviations!! I’ve been a little confused by some of them on here!! WOW that’s a lot of exercise to pack into one day GO YOU!!! I know 10km is a LONG way to run but I am very active and I think I really need a tough challenge like this..

I already read the rest of my first book, and have to lose another 5 lbs before i can read another :S So I"m bummed about that. Kara

Is this a weight loss book? I keep saying I need to start reading a good book but I just don’t seem to have anytime to myself!! Might try start one over the weekend..

I think you might surprise yourself in relation to getting to your goal weight.. You seem to be working incredibly hard and your goal sounds very achievable.. What’s far important is getting to the size that you are happy with; I don’t think any specific calculated number is right but it it is good to have a goal to aim for. Although I say my goal is 9st 1lbs I obviously won’t be that exact weight for the rest of my life and if I get to 9st 4 and I’m happy why would I push myself to 9st 1…There are some people in my class that are far too focused on the ideal number they have in there head and forget what weight loss is actually about!!

(I've decided to add colour to my posts!!) :bcb_grin

Guest Kaypix

Karen-

I love the color! No it's not a weight loss book, just a trashy romance one, but I got back into this series and am rewarding myself by buying a new book from it each 5 lbs I lose. I originally had the first two books from 2005ish, and then have book # 5, which is random because I was missing 3 & 4! haha So I bought book #3 for my first reward, and will get the next book at my next reward, and so on. That is 20 lbs of "rewards" for me lol before I run out of books to buy in that series.

I am working extremely hard, and feel kind of bad about obsessing over what I'm eating and making sure I'm working out, but if I do'nt do that, when I get "comfortable" I won't be doing nearly enough, tha'ts how it worked last time I did weight watchers.

My "goal" of 135 is really flexible because of me working out, but no amount of muscle is going to keep me at the 185 I currently reside in, so I figure 20 lbs minimum from that (165 lbs) could be a definate. I hope that I stay around the 150 mark though, even if I am super thin by then, or super athletic, or whatever lol, not really sure why exactly I'm hung up on it, maybe because then I won't be as afraid if a pound or two come back?

I'm writing a comedy book right now, "I will not be eaten by zombies" which is about my weight loss plan and exercise plan, I'm excited about it, and love writing so it's a good way to pass the time. Depending on how much fun I have writing it I think I'll do another one, like ... "I will not be a werewolf treat" or "I will not be a vampire's shake" as I go. Basically I'm writing about how I'm losing weight and gaining muscle/speed so I can outrun zombies (who are slowish) followed by werewolves (faster but not super smart) and finally vampires (smart and fast)...might be nothing, but I might have fun while I do it, so, works for me :)

I may re-read some of my old books to pass the time until I can get to my next goal weight and my next book :) (180lbs) which will be a total of 12 lbs lost! If I can do THAT from March 2nd until the last day in March, that's 12 lbs in a month, so 30 lbs in 3 months should be achievable, I hope! But I just have to take it a day at a time. Eitherway, I'll be healthier for sure! And if I can fit into a size pant 2 sizes smaller than I wear now, even better! :) Peace out!

Your writing a book, that’s brilliant.. I was actually very good at writing short stories in school but never really followed up on it.. I remember my first time around I lost a large amount of weight very quickly but the last couple of pounds took FOREVER!! But I guess you just have to stick it out, It’s so annoying how long it took for those last few pounds and how quickly they came back on!

I think what I have finally realised is that I have to make this something I can do for the rest of my life.. therefore I have to learn to deal with bad days and even bad weeks without ending up throwing the towel in.. So I guess this time round I’m trying to be strict on myself but also trying to accept that there will be times when I’m not 100% OP and it’s how I deal with those times that will determine if I actually keep the weight off or not.

That’s a really good idea with your books I’d say that provides some extra motivation.. I normally use clothes because I just love to shop!!!!

Hope your weekend starts off well this morning.. I’m heading to gym in a while, collecting my car, meeting up with a friend and then my other friend is coming up tonight and we’ll be having a girly night in with some wine.. I’ll keep my points to a minimum by diluting the wine with diet 7UP (I think the American equivalent is minute maid / white lemonade?!).. A day like this would normally be a bad one for me because I would have an unhealthy lunch with the first friend and a tonne of treats in the evening with the second but not today lol :bcb_grin:bcb_grin

Guest Kaypix

Karen -

We have 7-Up in the states, I remember when it used to have this little red dot that represented the brand, and he always wore sunglasses, that was a while ago though. 7-up is great, I like Sprite Zero, which is zero cals/fat, so free, but I try to stay away from it whenever possible because it's only one step away from Mountain Dew (my big vice)

There are some really great healthy little snacks you can have while you watch a movie, home-popped popcorn (where you buy a bag of unpoped popcorn, throw like 3 tbsp in a bowl and microwave it) with a tbsp of butter on top (melted and shaken) and a dash of salt, is like 3 points for the whole bowl, and it makes quite a bit, or is it 2 poitns...anyways the popcorn itself is super high in fiber, so I'd recommend that. :bcb_bigsm Also if you get chips, just buy baked fat free tortilla chips and have them with salsa (salsa = zero points most of the time). :bcb_LOL:

Weight Watchers makes a cookbook of quick recipes, and another cookbook of an "overall" recipe types, including appetizers and snacks, along with dips and such, so I'd highly recommend those. Let me know what your favorite snack is and I'll see if I can look up in the book for a recipe that is close to it :)

I hope you have an awesome movie night with the girls. Me and DH are going to my folks' house for a bit tonight, just to drop off some stuff and catch up with them, then back home to probably watch a movie ourselves.

Catcha later!

Thanks for the tips!! Today going good so far.. Had intended on going to the gym this morning to start my 10km training but it was so nice out the myself and the BF went out for run instead.. I followed the programme I got off here from the C25K challange except we doubled it because I’m trying to get 10k lol.. It was tough but not half as hard as I expected, was great having my BF with me because he really pushes me..

I heard the tip about chips (well we call them crisps, chips are fries over here lol) but I never think of it!! Chocolate is my big thing so I love the frozen weight watchers deserts but it’s expensive to get them all the time.. Had sugar free jelly with custard and a crushed meringue shell after diner today and it was soo yummy at only 1.5 points!!..

Got my car back it’s good as new and they did a great job of cleaning the inside too.. Just waiting on my friend to come up for our girly night..

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!

Guest Kaypix

I had my big exciting moment of the day today, was booking our hotel for this summer (June 10-12) when I'm planning on losing my weight for. I get to the booking screen on expedia, and the price is $89/night with addtl fees etc. So I get ready to book it, and my husband says "But wait, I wanted to get there Wednesday June 9th!"...and I'm thinking, the two nights = $199 after tax. So 3 nights would roughly be $300, and I'm devestated, that's goign to be over $700 just go get out to Chicago and back, with the hotel. So I grudgingly go back to the "pick dates" page and add the 9th, and by now it is 10:45PM. It's been about 20 min of arguing. The price DROPPED TO $56/NIGHT!!! So the 3 nights was $190!!! I was so excited! Still am, but need to get some sleep. Didn't work out today because I still hurt so bad from yesterday.

I hope your girls night was awesome :) I'm going to head to bed now, let me know what movie you got :)

WOW that’s great news!!!!! Actually had good new myself today as well.. My BF is very very good at playing poker and went back to a casino yesterday (one opened in his area) for the first time in ages.. Well I get a text message at 4am saying that he won E600 overall.. So that is his flights to Orlando paid for (we plan on heading in 2011) and E150 for him to play with next time round..

Did good in the gym today and had a good swim after which I’m proud of because I would like to swim more regularly when I visit the gym..

Didn’t actually watch a movie last night we just had a good gossip!! It was really nice to catch up because we don’t really get together enough..

Hope you’re feeling up for a workout tomorrow my mood is always a bit lower if I don’t get a bit of activity in..

Used a few extra points over the weekend so I will have to be very good tomorrow for my WI on Tuesday.. Fingers crossed it goes well!!!!

Guest Kaypix

YEah I felt a little down after not working out yesterday, today my morning got away from me so I didn't do my 15 min of run/walk, but my husband agreed to pick me up later so i can run on the treadmill at work for 20 minutes, I splurged and had stuffed crust pizza at work, blew through all my points for the day, but still had my 35 left for the week, so technically didn't do too bad.

I WI on Tuesday as well :) I don't think I did as well this week *shrug* so just have to stick it out for the next week :) I have to do cardio on Monday and Thursday this week since I didn't do it yesterday, but it will be worth it when I can run this summer with my dog! I will get a new mp3 player for the summer, one with a strap for my arm I think.

Life is good, slow at work right now, but I'm sure that it will speed up, I hope your day went wel and you are ready for yet another week! Congrats to your BF on his winnings! I'm totally jealous :)

I’ve mentioned this before on here but I still don’t really understand what your WPA’s are? For me in WW I have 21points a day and then my activity points and that’s it..

I was a little bold myself over the weekend too but I plan to make it up over the next two days.. Going for a run later and then going to the gym tomorrow so that should do it lol.. I still don’t really feel positive about this weeks WI kind of like I didn’t give it 100% which is true I suppose..

I actually will be weighing in on Wednesday because I have a meeting during lunch on Tuesday..

What’s your plan for today?

Guest Kaypix

Morning!

Well I just got up today, and the WPA's (or Weekly Points as I call em) are 35 freebie points per week that you can use however you like, without feeling guilty. The 35 points specifically is for anyone who is on the FLEX program with Weight Watchers (as opposed to the CORE program). This is a way for people to go out to eat once and a while without having to feel like they completely ruined their week. Some folks say that they lose their weight more consistently, and some even faster, if they use their weekly points. I try not to dip into them very often though as normally I wasn't feeling hungry after my 20 points or so (and my limit is 25/day). However with the working out I've started getting hungrier more often, so I will be using some of my weekly points, but I have to try and focus on getting them to be just on lean meats and high fiber things, instead of stuffed crust pizza! LoL. So there ya have it, the 35 points/week is so you don't feel like a complete failure if you go a little over your points each day. Some try to balance it out throughout the week, like an extra 5 points/day they can eat, but others (like me) save the 35 points for special occasions.

My plans for the day (not sure I can do them all, but it's may day off, so maybe I can?):

1) Half hour jog with my dog (this will be my cardio for the day AND make him more receptive to me ignoring him while i do the next few chores)

2) Breakfast

3) Go Grocery Shopping (Can't do this before breakfast as I might be hungry by the time i get to the store)

4) Vacuum the house and dust common surfaces

5) Get Laundry done while I play my computer

6) Get Laundry put away while my DH gets home from school and blathers on about how he will be working on his motorcycle the next few hours... (by now it should be approx 12:30pm)

After that, your guess is as good as mine! Well, I'll probably have to work on laundry for a couple of hours, as it takes almost 2 hours per load, to wash, then dry, then put away, so that'll take a bit I think. But *shrug* that's what I'm hoping to accomplish today. We'll see how far I get :)

Tonight I want to watch a movie with DH, but we'll see, we might go ride our motorcycles if it is still nice enough :)

Karen,

I'm from Tipperary but living in the US. The WW program in North American is slightly different than the European program. In addition to your daily point count you get 35 weekly points to use during your week. You can use them in any combination.

Also, I think the way of measuring points use to be different. The Irish labels used to give energy amounts instead of calories, I don't know if they still do, but it took me a while to convert the info on a McVities label. And of course they have goals in pounds and not stones here.

Are you at Trinity? There used to be a teacher from Donegal around here but I haven't seen her post in over a year.

Slán.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png