Health Discovery Network
new_mommy05

3 years later and 25lbs larger

Help!

Its been a while since I have been here...and things have changed, I am 30 years old back in college, weigh approx. 138 lbs, 5'2''. I have a 5 year old son and a husband. I am busy these days, and have definitly no time for myself...BUT I know I need to make that time for myself.

However, I feel drained these days, 25 lbs deifintly is alot for a small frame to gain....

I am here looking for a few new friends to help me through this tough time...others in similar situation...others that can help one another....

If anyone else is looking for a new friend to help with this stuggle, send me a message!

Melissa from Toronto

1st goal: 120lbs

Goal weight: 105lbs

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

Trust me the best thing you can do is take the time needed to get going on WW - your husband and son will BENEFIT GREATLY by it. If it helps you feel better tell yourself you're doing it for them...ha ha...a lot of time we moms and wives think it's selfish to do stuff "for ourselves" but would rather do it "for them." ;0)

I lost 40 lbs my first time on WW and then I quit when I was about 20 lbs away from goal. I was happy with the way I looked and then got careless...very careless and eventually didn't pay ANY attention at ALL to what I was eating. As my clothes got tighter I struggled for a few minutes and then said "SHOPPING TIME!" :( :(

Now I've gained 65 pounds - the 40 I lost plus another 25. My feet hurt, I can barely function as a normal human being as I have suffered greatly from plantar fasciitis (which I'm SURE was triggered by my weight gain) I have no energy, and I could be dead after a heart attack or something, who knows...if I don't take control back. My family is only getting a small part of me instead of all of me...if that make sense.

Do it now, before the 25 lbs turns into 30 and 40 and 50...because believe me, it WILL. Good luck!

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

:salutSW 232 CW 225 (-7) GW 130:salut

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Started Again 1/2011:kickbutt:This Time For Keeps

my blog:

http://wizzyswandrings.wordpress.com

Good for you, Melissa! The best thing you can do for your family is to take good care of yourself. WW will give you the tools for doing this - it's not only about what you eat and exercise, although those are important. The other things like the Tools for Living and Helpful Habits (in book 4) will help you with some of the practical things you can do to make this work for you and help you change the thoughts and behavior that sabotage us. Good luck - hope you're also able to go to meetings and have a great leader (as well as this board)!

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Thanks Kimberley!

Wand'Ring Wizzy:

I know, you do feel selfish making time for yourself....always something else to do....I bearly have tome to clean these days. I bearly have time for my family, how do I find my time? I always feel horrible that I am always doing homework when my son wants to play with me.

Shopping...oh gosh I hate that now...I fit into my fat clothes, and had to buy even bigger fat clothes...I tried shopping the other day...urgh...it was horrible... didn't buy anything...I don't even know what size I am anymore. I can't even afford to shop for clothes, but I have to. Its just so horrible that when my son was 8 months old, I was 112....now I am 138-ish and I can not blame my pregnancy....I don't even want to see anyone...

As you said, 20 pounds, then 40....I have to do something before I let it control me. It always has.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Des2:

As for meetings, I won't be going, I don't have the extra money as I am going to school, thanks for the reply....I hope to get some support here....it helped me the first time.

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

OMG I don't evne know how to use this anymore, I tried to reply to messages....

Melissa- Welcome Back. When my son was 5 I decided to return to school. Work, school, marriage, parenting.... arrg, it's enough to exhaust anyone. I just didn't see how I could do it all and continue to watch what I ate and exercise so I decided to put myself on the back-burner. Bad decision! When school was finished I was 40 lbs heavier!!! It was terribly depressing and took 4 years of focus to get me back to a good weight. It is very difficult but I agree with the other posters that making yourself and your health a priority is important. Good Luck with school and figuring out the right balance for you.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

Hi Melissa - welcome!! I normally post on the Fantastic 30s board and also we have a group of Canucks posting on the International Board, would be glad to have you join on either one. It's good that you are coming back despite all of the other demands on you, I know when I have no time it is hard to make weight loss a priority.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Melissa,

Good for you in catching this in time. I'm 4'11" and gained 65 before I did something about it. It's the best reward you can give your family.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png