Health Discovery Network
BarbA

Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts and Feta Cheese - 4 points

Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts and Feta Cheese - 4 Points

24 ounces Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs (6 - 4 ounce boneless thighs, excess fat removed)

6 ounces marinated artichoke heart (6 oz) - one jar

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 tsp oregano

1/4 cup Reduced Fat Feta

2 tbsp fresh chopped parsleysalt and fresh pepper

1. Combine artichoke hearts along with liquid and chicken and let it marinade about 20 minutes or longer. After it's marinated, drain all liquid, add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.

2. Broil on low about 6 inches from the flame for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, turn chicken and cook an additional 8-10 minutes and chicken is fully cooked. Top chicken with feta and broil an additional minute. Remove from oven and top with fresh oregano.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 176 Calories; 8g Fat (40.8% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Barb,

Thanks for sharing this one. I accidentally bought a package of frozen thighs recently (thought it was boneless/skinless breast meat). I'm marinating now! I'm a huge basil fan so I'm going to do 1/2 teas oregano and 1/2 basil and top with fresh basil and tomato. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Cindy

I've made this now a couple of times. It's a nice change from the "usual" chicken I make and my whole family likes it. I did top with tomato and the feta and back under the broiler for about 5 minutes, sprinkled the whole pan with some fresh basil and oregano. YUM!

Cindy