Health Discovery Network
Judy43

SF daily - Tues., 30th March 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I am still here but have not been at BCB for over a week. We were in Florida for a week and even though I took my laptop I was just too busy to get on. Now I am in extreme pain from carpal tunnel so typing this with left hand. see dr. tomorrow.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Oh Judy, glad you're back, but sorry you are in pain bcb_sad. I hope you had fun in Florida!

I'm off to work today, but since it's going to be pouring rain, I really don't mind. I got a lot done to hopefully make this week easier and hope to find some time for exercise. I have a few tiny aches and pains and I sure it's from lack of exercise. Plus I think I sleep better when I workout :bcb_worry. I'll be back tonight to see what's going on. Have a good one buddies! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Morning buddies!

Judy - sounds like you had a good time in Florida. Hope the dr can help with the carpal tunnel. Nice to see you back!

Linda - have a good day at work!

I had a great evening with my linbe dancing buddies. It was good to be able to get to know each other, we don't really get chance to chat during class. There was one family eating dinner in the restaurant we were at, I think they got a surprise when the music changed & we all got up & started line dancing!! We usually dance ina gymnasium, so it was interesting to be dancing much closer together!

I am supposed to be at French this morning, but my 10 yr old is complaining of a sore tummy & head, and what seems to be reflux. He has had several headaches & tummy aches this winter so we will be going to the drs to get him checked over. Our paediatrician does the 'emergency' clinic this afternoon so we will be able to see him.

Only managed a 30min walk this morning, had to walk Odie before DH had to go to work. It's a beautiful morning it would have been good to do the hour. There's a frost - but at least it's not raining!!

Anyway, I'm off to the shower. have a fab day buddies!

Hi Buddies

Cold & wet again. I really want to run like last week, but settled on an hour bike ride while watching Narnia. Made the time go by, and I really ended up sweating !

The kids are watching the rest of it now- I may have to pop it in later to see what becomes of the White Witch. (I have seen it, but wouldn't mind seeing it again !)

Nothing much going on- school, trying to stay warm & dry-we have some of water in the basement-comes thru the wall when it rains this hard for this long. Not too pretty.

Judy-Hope you had fun !

Linda- See you later- I hope you can enjoy your day

Becky-Good for you- I can only dance in public if I've been drinking too much-and those days, I believe, are over:)

Have a good one, Buddies-I'll check in later

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

GOOD Morning, Buddies...

I'm afraid I'm letting this vertigo get to me...and I'm in a blue funk today.

I am getting on the elliptical for a long time and see what happens.:salut

Did you do something to exacerbate your carpal tunnel, Judy? Or did it come out of nowhere?...:bcb_confu

What do they call it when everyone in a public place starts doing the same dance at the same time (like they did on Oprah?...:bcb_happy) That sounds kind of like what you all did, Becky. :bcb_smile:exercise:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Morning - oh, I think afternoon is creeping up on me here. Kids are off from school all week, so we are on a realxed schedule!

Judy - The carpal tunnel must be painful. Hope you get some relief. At least you got to go to Florida for a week. Dod you get nice weather?

Linda - Sounds like you had a plan to make the week easier - good for you. How often do you have to work? (Aside from the every day work of being a mom!)

Becky - I love the image of all of you getting up to line dance. You may well wind up on YouTube.

Bridget - Good for you for getting on the bike. Watching a movie while exercising os the best. In my past life (pre-marriage) I used to tape so many shows and just go walk/run on the treadmill and watch the shows. No wonder I was 20 pounds thinner 20 years ago!

Carol - I can't imagine having vertigo, but I sure do feel for you. Hope you got in some decent time exercising.

I am back again for a Core day. I have to publically start counting the days, so I better start with today being Day 1.

I have had coffee and skim so far. And another. Oh, a hard boiled egg.

After my shower, I will go have a hot grain. I made a mix of quinoa, bulgar, and 2 kinds of oats that is really tasty and has a good texture. That will be lunch.

Will plan a fruit in the afternoon and have pleant of SiFi leftovers for all of us for dinner.

Have a great day. It has rained her for 2 days. We will surely float away!

CW 135 GW 123

Teg

Quick HI buddies!!!!!! Gotta get back to work!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Good evening!

Took DS to the drs - the diagnosis was constipation despite regular bowel movemnets, so he needs to increase his fibre & water. The dr was impressed when she asked DS what he eats - I was told I'm doing a good job!! SF is good for us all!! He also has Zantac for 2 weeks to help with the reflux.

We have friends coming from the UK to stay for a week next Tuesday, so this morning I Spring cleaned the guest room & en-suite bathroom. Everything is clean & shiny, the bed is all made up - now all I need is my friends! They are a British family who were here for 9 months for work, and we met when they brought their son to play in my play area. They come from a part fo the UK where I have some family & we got on really well. The kids & I stayed with them in the UK 2 summers ago, and now they are venturing back here for a visit.

Have a good evening!

I said I was seeing the doctor tomorrow but meant to say I was seeing him this morning. I saw the doctor and I am now scheduled to see a Neurologist for a nerve conduction test. If the test indicates that I have carpal tunnel then I will be referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon for surgery. I could not get an appointment for a nerve conduction test until April 23 so I hope there is a concellation before that.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Linda - Sounds like you had a plan to make the week easier - good for you. How often do you have to work? (Aside from the every day work of being a mom!)

CW 135 GW 123

Teg, I was working 1-3 days a week. I work per diem, but I'm filling in for two people that had surgery, so I've been working 5-6 days in a row. After 28 years staying home with kids, it's been a hard adjustment. I'm starting to get in a groove now though :bcb_up.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Judy - I hope you get the appointment sooner - and the help you need quickly.

Linda - 28 years home - that is great. You have 5 children, right? Are they really spaced out? Ok, that came out wrong - are their AGES really spaced out? I am on my 9th year of being a full-time mom ( I have 4) - and sometimes I feel like I am still in training.

Ok, ladies, I can honestly and correctly identify my weak point as the time between lunch and dinner. For the next few days, THAT is where all of my planning needs to go. Not that I will not care about the rest of the day, but I truly think the rest of the day will fall into place if I handle this time of day. Tomorrow is day 1 again. I will be at my mom's all day.

Teg