Categories : Meat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 pound ground round

1 15-oz can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce

cooking spray

1 10-oz can refrigerated pizza crust dough

6 1-oz slices part-skim mozzarella cheese -- divided

Cook meat in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.

White meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish. Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture.

Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Top with remaining 3 cheese slices, and bake 5 additional minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutritional analysis per serving, per recipe:

277 calories; 7.7 g. fat; 1.6 g. fiber; 49 mg. cholesterol; 667 mg. sodium

6 POINTS per serving

M.C. formatted by Dina (mdkbweiss@erols.com) on 11/3/99.

Thanks Dina,

Check out history in this Pizza/Pasta section and you will see this recipe. I think it probably has a record of one of the hotest/most used recipe by all of us - very popular recipe for BOOTCAMPERS! It is excellent, although I have transcended it to Pizza Nervana with grilled home made ones. Pizza is so easy to make, and such a struggle to stay away from for me!

When you make this, add some mushrooms, a ton of parsley, some minced garlic, a little Essence of Emeril, and really make it come alive!

Good luck Pizza Face, :rolleyes: this is really a good recipe that the whole family will enjoy.

p.s. Use Turkey meat and you really can cut down the points. If you use beef, you can brown your meat in a plastic collander in the Microwave and really get more of the fat out. I do the turkey meat in a skillet because I like to add lots of stuff to enhance flavor!

Bill

368/332/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 36 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 Achieved 8/28/2001

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Thanks for your note, Bill. You must have posted it right after I posted the recipe.

Anyway, thank you for bringing a smile to this Washingtonian's (D.C.) face.

Have a good week.

Dina

We have been making this recipe since it was posted a while back and it is fantastic. Unfortunately my oven is broken, but as soon as I get a new element for it I am going to make it again, only this time I am going to use the Whole Wheat Pizza crust I also found on this website. We love whole wheat at our house. It ought to be good!! :D

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Hi Softballmom,

Sorry for the delay in response. I don't get to visit the web site very often.

The recipe makes 6 servings.

Notice at the beginning of the recipe where it says "Serving Size: 6" ...

Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Dina