Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Happy Birthday Veronica/vergator1!

Love you, V. Wish you were in our lives...

Are you still maintaining well while busy-and-away?...:bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A WONDERFUL BUDDY!!!

We miss you and hope this is a great year for you! Have a terrific day!! :bcb_bigsm

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

birthday005.gif

Veronica!

I hope you have a great day and a terrific year

and that you find time to be back with us more often!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Veronica,

16d3afea.gif

I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Thanks so much, my Buddies!

Shortly after returning from Kansas we had a great deal of drama in my workplace.

Took spring vacation while DD off school...and while I was gone my boss was fired! I now report to his manager (in Denver).

The good news (I think) is that Denver Boss has a six year old daughter and is much more in tune with the challenges many of us face trying to balance work life and home life. Old Boss talked it up, but when push came to shove he did not support much flexibility. I felt guilty leaving early, even when I completed the work at home, worked longer hours and did everything I could to make sure that my performance never suffered. When I asked him about it, Old Boss blamed Denver Boss on the lack of flexibility. Turns out that Denver Boss DOESN'T CARE what days/hours I work in the office - as long as my work is done and of high quality, she is happy.

I want to work from home twice weekly as we may be doing a modified home-schooling thing with DD next year. There are so many discipline problems in her middle school - with APD she is easily distracted, and I think she's just not learning that much. Her teachers tell her that they are "too busy" dealing with other students' discipline issues to answer her questions We can't have her falling behind because her teachers don't have time to answer her questions during class.

Our county has a "virtual school" option - students are assigned teachers, they work through the curriculum on-line including participation in webinar-style lectures. We've signed her up for 2010-2011.

We've thought this through a great deal. DD has plenty of interaction with other kids through soccer and other activities, so she won't be missing out on socialization.

I know that DD will need to learn to tune out the distractions in life - fair enough. But I don't think we can allow her to fall behind because her school is a chaotic mess.

So anyway, while this was happening I was worried that I didn't even have a job. My position is unique within the company - the best way to describe what I do is "internal consultant". So with Old Boss gone, I was not sure whether Denver Boss understood my role or saw value in what I do. Turns out that she does. Plus I've been looking around at other internal options.

Now that Old Boss is gone, I'm working on Denver Boss to see if she will allow me again to use our office warehouse - I'd like to start riding my bike back and forth to work again, parking in the warehouse.

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

So nice to hear from you Veronica! Glad all is well (I knew it would be ;))...sorry for all the drama but it sounds like a win-win for you!!!! Your plan for DD sounds good! Hope you will have more time to stop by more often in the future!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I've been sort of paranoid about going on-line during the day...but I'm pretty sure that's no longer a concern. As long as Denver Boss has what she needs, I think I can relax and visit!

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Sorry I missed it, but happy birthday!

Sounds like the drama may have a happy ending...glad to hear it.

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years