Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Lfia525

SF Daily~Tuesday~April 6

Good morning buddies!

Just wanted to say a quick Hello before work :wave:. Life's been pretty hectic here, just not enough hours in the day! :bcb_huh: I did get in a nice long walk with my girlfriends yesterday :bcb_up. We walked hard and fast! When I got home my "butt muscles" were twitchin' :bcb_grin, Boy it felt good! Hope to get another one in today right after work! Have a good day buddies. See ya later! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Morning Linda & all who follow!

No French class today, but I have more than enough housework to keep me busy! Our friends may be arriving tonight so I want to have a sparkly home! It may be tomorrow when they get here though, as it's a 7hr flight & they are flying to an airport a 5 hr drive away, landing at 4.30pm. If they are tired they will come here tomorrow.

I found 2 new tops for summer yesterday, a different style than I usually would buy & they look good. I picked up 7 prs of capris at Costco - but they will all go back as none fit well. I wish they had fitting rooms!

Anyway, have a fab day buddies! Make it count!

Hi, Linda & Becky and all my Buddies

Yesterday was such a great day-just what we needed. I had an awesome workout early, got a few short chores done, then we played hookey and went to the beach for the day. We left DDog at home this time so the kids could just explore and not worry about anything. We had so much fun, and the sun felt SO nice. I realized how much time I spend being so cold all winter. It was truly therapeutic. DH and I talked all day and just enjoyed being together. We both got a little color as well, which for whatever reason, makes me feel good, too ! We probably walked 2 miles along the shore. We had lunch at the picnic tables, then the kids went off and played in some trees, and Dh and I stayed in the sun by the picnic grove and just drank it all in.

DH felt so great that while I was at gym with the girls last night-he ran a 5K on the treadmill. He's been so out of any exercise regiment, this was great. This morning, he actually got up when the alarm went off and went on the elliptical for 45 minutes. I ran a 5K on the treadmill and lifted weights. It sure is a different mindset when we are doing this together !

DH was looking online last night, found several websites promising you'll lose 10 pounds in 7 days if you do this, that or whatever. He printed out a specific diet he wanted to try. I told him ok, I'd get the stuff tomorrow. I knew I would not go there myself, but if he felt he wanted that jumpstart, I would help him.

Thankfully, reason set in overnight, and I didn't have to say a thing. He told me after his workout "How about I just be disciplined enough to count points?" (Insert BIG smile from me !!!)

Schoolwork, and CCD today. We are supposed to get some thunderstorms, so I'll be inside most of the day, probably.

We have to help at the boys' team regional gym meet this weekend-it's the big fundraiser for the gym. I have to bake some brownies, and DH and the kids and I have to man the concessions stand for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon. Should be fun-I LOVE working with my guys !

Well, off to school-Have a great day, Buddies.

It sure feels good to feel good !!!!!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

Becky, enjoy your sparkly house and your friends!

Linda, glad you got your butt all twitchy:bcb_grin!

Bridget, sounds like a FABULOUS day! What a great family you have!

I'm back and work after five days off. This is my last week with my reading intervention group. I love it but it is hard work and last Thursday was FULL of drama. It is hard to get through the lesson but I have learned SO much about kids' needs.

Taught hydrofit this morning. Cross training is GOOD for me and a day OFF the bike is also a good thing!

DS started his (temporary) census job training today. I'll be anxious to hear about it tonight. I love having him home so much but I know he'll be happy when he moves on to Montana in May!

Make it great buds!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Lynn- Maybe the next exercise thread should be called "Twitchy Butts feel Great" Ok, maybe not...:)

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Lynn- Maybe the next exercise thread should be called "Twitchy Butts feel Great" Ok, maybe not...:)

Oh this definitely has potential! I should have called it "Twitchy Butts Tuesday"!:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I am excited!!!!!! Both daughters and granddaughters are going to visit in July. They will be here at the same time and we are going to take our 5th wheel and go to Moses Lake in E. WA. We have beds for 4 people so 2 people will have to be in sleeping bags. It should be fun and can you tell I am really looking forward to having them all here! Tomorrow a friend and I are going antiquing and out to lunch so do not know if I will be able to get on-line in the morning. I spent too much time on the computer yesterday so my wrist and fingers are really hurting today.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%