Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

SF Daily~Thursday~April 8

Good Morning Buddies!

I thought I'd jump on to say HI to all. Seems I don't get time to post if I don't do it in the morning. Looks like my "many hours" at work will come to an end next Tuesday, the girl I was subbing for will return then. It sure has been a crazy 2 months!! Part of me is glad I'll be home more and part of me is not. Right now the thing that is keeping from getting a full-time job is my dad's in IL and is getting to the point of some hard decisions. He will have almost no use of his one arm (along with some other things) and will not be able to live alone anymore. Then my sis in ME had a nervous breakdown, she's doing better, but I feel the need to be able to go to either of them on a moments notice. Boy, if I could just get them both to move near me!!

Anyway, I have to pack my lunch. I'll try to get back here tonight. Later buddies! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi, Linda & All my other Buddies

We are going to try and finish up schoolwork by noon so we can scoot down and help my mom with a few chores she just can't do herself. I have to take 7y/o to find shoes for his First Communion-a friend sent me a gift card to Payless shoes for my birthday, and I don't need any, so it works out well and we can get his, and the store is right down the street from her house. Whole Foods where I worked for a little bit is right there, too, so I might pop in and say hello.

I had a GREAT run this morning-this has been my best week of exerise in over a year-and DH is on board as well, which definitely helps me.

Well, I had better get some things done if we want to leave in a while.

Make it great, Buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hi Linda and all who follow,

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Life is just so stressful. I hope that she continues to do better and that you can visit her soon. I know you love to go to Maine! Do you have any other siblings near your Dad in IL? I will keep you and your family in my prayers and am sending warm thoughts your way.........

DH and I walked together this morning. We have decided to walk together every day. This was Day 1. We'll see how it goes!!

Now it is off to work with me. I hope everyone has a nice day................... :)

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

GOOD Morning, Linda, Bridget, Sailor and ALL Those Who Come Here Today~

Linda, you must feel so torn. I can't tell you how often I've worried about my mom in the past 6 years or so. There's hardly any down-time on that. I went to the hospital one Thanksgiving for "nervous exhaustion". It wasn't that big of help...LOL! I still worried about everyone, and strange patients kept coming into my room...I should've gone to a SPA!

Great run, Bridget! And great WALK, Sailor!

Yesterday I was "sick" of being "sick"...or not normal (vertigo). Actually both DH and I did! So it was volatile. We did "iron" things out. DH went for the walk alone with Dpup, and by the time he'd exercised and cleared his head, he said he was sorry. And we both forgave each other and the situation. :salut:bcb_smile

Actually, we then went to the DMV together (I had never renewed in January) and that was a BONDING experience for us! LOL! :bcb_grin The woman wouldn't accept my birth record, until MIRACULOUSLY my "real" birth certificate fell on the ground ! (Yay, God! :bcb_LOL: ) BUT she wouldn't accept my new address either, until DH CONFIRMED it with his LICENSE.

(So you see, we actually "need" each other...! LOL.)

We went shopping after that, and he was very sweet and gave me his arm often. When I said, "What was the turning point? What made you realize you didn't want to be mad anymore?..."

And he said, "I wanted to keep getting your good cooking!" :bcb_bravo

LOL.

(And obviously I needed him to prove where I lived. So, we were back to being friends.:bcb_smile)

I read a few things that I think will help on my QUEST to GOAL:

1. A doc on Dr. P said, "Your body LOVES to be stable. So, in order to lose weight you need to do very different things when you exercise...change it up often!" So I can see now why my 45-minute walk would not be the answer to that.

2. Same doc wrote, "Obviously, you're out living your life. Sometimes things come up. His idea is THREE POLITE BITES. ON THREE SELECT NIGHTS. I thought that sounded very livable. We've got a baby shower coming up. And I thought, I could use my 3 polite bites during that time. When you think about it, 3 bites is not very many! But it's enough to get the taste, and not have people "notice" what you're doing. (And I'm not saying, don't "count" them! :bcb_huh: I'm not. Count any WAPs! Just stop at 3. And plan ahead for those times during the week, only 3, when you will use your 3-bites. :salut I'm going to give it a try. That would be a step forward for me. :salut I'll be thinking: STOP AT 3! I'll let you know how it works for me.

Today looking for baby/mommy things for a baby shower...how could that not be fun?! :bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I had a really fun day yesterday. A friend and I went antiquing and out to lunch. I bought 4 tea cups. I only have 2 spaces in my wall cabinet but I want DH to build me another one and I thought he might be more apt to do it if I had tea cups and no place to put them. Two of the tea cups are rather different. I woke up this morning inspired. We have 2 paintings that DH's great grandmother painted that DH has been bugging me to get cleaned and restored. I have put it off but got them out this morning and well take them in early next week.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Hi, my friends!

Long time, no check-in. But rest assured, I'm plugging right along and losing slowly but steadily again. I am finally into a routine with DH gone every week (he travels Sun-Thur for work now) taking care of the two littles. It's quite the chore some nights, but hopefully, it'll all be over soon. We should have an idea of when we'll be moving to Orlando next week when the owner heads down to find a new location and sign a lease. I have a feeling after all these months of waiting and waiting, it's going to happen quickly!

Other than that, Beckett turns ONE next week. ONE. ONE! Oh my goodness! We're having a birthday party for him that weekend with just some close friends and family. I'm doing a Mexican fiesta (crockpot salsa chicken, lean taco meat, all the fixin's, etc.), so easy AND SF. YEAH!

I really just wanted to say hi, and of course, I can't stop by without sharing a pic of the littles. This was their Easter picture (that I took and am proud of as I am working on becoming a photographer!):

4471256816_7c13b41207.jpg

Later, my friends!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! They are just the cutest kids I ever saw, and I've seen lots of kids! :bcb_LOL: I can't believe how big they are and how beautiful E's hair is! Good job on the photo and the kids!! :bcb_up

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Popping in quickly and late today!

Just have to say, nice to see so many buddies on the daily and especially nice to see Amy and her beautiful kids! FABULOUS photo of your oh so cute kids Amy!!!!

Need to still read through all the posts on the daily...

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.