Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
PammyDoodle

Eggplant Pasta Parmiagiana

Eggplant Pasta Parmiagiana

l lg. eggplant

1 C. cooked whole wheat pasta (or any pasta)

3 oz. low fat mozzarella, shredded

1/2 C. Italian breadcrumbs

1 T. parmesan

2 C. (or more) Hunts Spaghetti Sauce

Peel and slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. Dip into water and then sprinkle breadcrumbs on. Sprinkle with herbs, (garlic, basil, etc) and spray tops with Olive oil Pam. Place on baking sheet sprayed with Pam Olive oil and bake for 20 min at 425 until soft. Cook pasta while eggplant is baking. When done, spread 1/2 C. sauce in bottom of 8x8 inch pan. Put a layer of eggplant slices, half the mozzarella and half the pasta. Cover with sauce and repeat layer ending with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 20 min. at 425.

This is very filling and delicious. Serves two for 8 pts each or 4 for 4 pts.

Pam<br />SW248/WW229/CW173/G145/PG140<br />Weight at Start: 248<br />WW Start Date: 5/7/01 75 pounds gone forever!<br />"Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly"

Wow, this is fantastic! Finally I have a low point recipe for one of my favourite meals ever. I got rave reviews off this recipe! I did make my own spaghetti sauce (0 points).

Mimi :cool:

Magick Happens!<p>200/177.6/129

I love eggplant recipes. I am going to try the one for Eggplant Parmigian in the Sept/Oct WW magazine. It is nice to know of another one.

Thanks.