Health Discovery Network

For those of you that have a regular workout routine, what is it? I do an hour of water aeroboics (2x's a week), 80 minutes of hatha yoga (2x's a week) and swim for a minimum of 40 minutes (2x's a week). That's Monday through Thursday. I also try to get in a little extra the other days and have just started doing a 35 minute Pilates routine with my Wii. I'm thinking about switching the Pilates up with an hour of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) Friday - Sunday to mix things up and keep them fresh.

Deb ~ Every day has potential to be a success! ~

:bcbkickbuMini-goal #15 - Lose 60 pounds

counter-weight.jpg

Down 56.3 lbs, 3.7 lbs to go

I go to a body toning class where we do different exercises with weights. Targets all body areas. That is 3 times a week, Sun/Tues/Thurs. I also run, most days....5 or 6 times a week. Distance is usually between 6K and 10K, all depending on how I feel that day.

Moe :salut

Sunday - C25K

Monday - Curves

Tuesday - C25K

Wednesday - Curves

Thursday - Curves

Friday - C25K

Saturday - I've been walking, but DH is starting to teach me how to use his weights. Trying to build it in slowly.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

What is this C25K I keep seeing people mention?

counter-weight.jpg

Guest LeeBeeJeebies

C25K stands for couch to 5K...as in get off your butt and do a 5K. Lol. It teaches you how to go from nearly nothing to doing a 5K over the course of several weeks. Little by little you increase intensity (time and distance). It's a great program for people who want to "train" for something. It helps you feel motivated, and you don't get too overwhelmed because you only need to take it day by day.

Here is the website: http://www.c25k.com/

This is just one program, but there are many programs just like it!

This weeks schedule is spin, hardcore circuit, off, hardcore circuit, bodytoning/kickboxing. On a "normal" week, I take a spin & Abs class on Wed nights...this week I'm not LOL I will most likely take a long walk with my kids this weekend for an easy day....

I generally burn around 2500 cal per week in exercise...and I DO log that by the AP calc on the WW site and NOT according to my HRM. I have found that I lose MORE when I count it by the calc and not the 100 cal= 1 AP....and eat most of them :)

weight.png

Deb - Everything Lee said about the C25K is right on, just want to add that there are podcasts all over that make it so easy. You download week 1 and it tells you when to switch from jogging to walking and plays great music to keep you motivated. Then you change to week 2. New routine, new music, but it still tells you when to switch. Super easy. Right up my alley. If you keep up with the program, it's 9 weeks from start to 5K.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Mornin' All....Just saw this thread and thought I'd put in my routine....

Winter routine, from Oct. to June

Step aerobics 3x weekly

Resistance training (weights, upper and lower body) 3x weekly

Floor aerobics 1x weekly

Daily treadclimber @ 18-20 mph for 1/2 hour....gradually increasing this. When weather permits, I switch it out with walking w/Nordic Trekking poles for 45 mins.

Summer/fall

Weights 3x weekly

Step aerobics 3X weekly

Daily walking w/trekking poles interspersed with long hikes either in nearby mtns. or Yellowstone. If weather permits neither, I'll do a floor aerobic work-out.

Wish I could run, but it's not my thing. I admire those who do.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Lee & Heather- thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like something I'd want to take on (my ankles are horrible- running is pretty much out of the question) but interesting to know about just the same.

counter-weight.jpg

I do a combination of weight training and cardio. I try to get 3 days of weights in every week, and 3 days of cardio. For weights, I'm focusing on upper body, so I alternate chest/triceps/abs with back/biceps/shoulders days. In between I do cardio days -- either running or biking. Outside if it's nice, inside otherwise. I try to do my long runs on the weekends, and gradually increase my long run distance every week.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Sounds like you've got it figured out! :) Sometimes I wish my ankles weren't so bad so I could even try running, but then I remember how much of me there is to bounce around and I change my mind... lol.

counter-weight.jpg