Health Discovery Network
ClassyLady

Beautiful Inside and OUT - for GOOD!

SO glad BCB isn't getting shut down.

Shout OUT to Denise! WooWoo!

Kay.. Original thread was for 30 pounds by June 6th. That is still MY goal, but the ultimate goal is to get rid of it forever. I can do this if I stay focused.

I think that thinking BCB was gone forever really jumpstarted me again. Maybe I needed a good scare. So I'm back and on track. For good.:bcb_mad:

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

Hey Trish!

I tried to respond to your private message quickly, but after I typed everything out BCB went down for me for about 30 minutes and I lost it! I'm really glad BCB isn't getting shut down. It really opened my eyes as well. I'm just glad your thread is back.

How was your weekend? How did the doctor appointment go on Friday? Hopefully your issues are clearing up!

AFM - I'm still trying to fight off this sinus infection. I looked up some home remedies and I discovered that you can drink 8oz of water mixed with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar once a day to thin out mucous. It actually works. I started it yesterday and I feel much better today. It's kind of hard to swallow down without gagging though!

DD, DH, and I went to the zoo on Saturday. Layla does NOT like gorillas! LOL! She was scared of them I think. The only thing she was really interested in was the Tigers, Pumas, and Jaguars. The jaquar was sleeping and she said "Meow meow night night". It was so cute! Of course, all cats are called meow meows. Didn't you know? Right as we were finishing up the zoo, they came over the intercom to say that there was a tornado watch. We made it out just in time before the rain started up! I'm sure we'll have MANY more trips to the zoo this year since we bought a yearly pass. It's quite a trek to go all the way through. It took us over 2 hours and my legs were hurting the next day. Not enough to keep me from doing it again though. I love the zoo.

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

And CRAP ---- my rank dropped. Oh well.

Target: 24

B:

Egg (2)

Banana (2)

L:

Ziti (7)

S:

Carrots w/ Hummus (1)

D:

Sauteed Chicken (6)

Baked Potato (4)

Green Beans w/ Oil (1)

1 point for snacks, etc.

Bianca - that is SO cute! I am glad that you and the fam had fun this weekend. I bet Layla was so adorable - meow meows. Adorable! Ava says "Key Cat" Meaning Kitty Cat. haha 2 hours was enough to gain you some serious APs I'm sure! I think a yearly pass to the zoo will be great for you!

I'm sorry you've still got a sinus infection!! Maybe you could put it in some apple juice and you wouldn't taste it so much?? Any word from your doc?

I am finally noticing a difference on all this medication. It's not better yet, but I do feel a slight bit of relief, which makes me one happy lady!! Hopefully by the end of the medication I will be 100%. My husband is ready for me to be better. HAHA And so am I!! The weekend was good - I used all my flex, but it was mostly healthy choices, so I am down with that.

We sign the papers on the new rental house today. I am so excited!! You probably remember that we are still in a one bedroom - and that means while I was in the shower this morning Ava woke up at 6:30 and was crying because we woke her up and she thought she was by herself! :( I can't WAIT to be moved into the new house. 4 bed/2 bath, 2 car garage, fenced in back yard, and a covered back patio. I am going to be in HEAVEN. I am also planning on planting an herb garden and possibly some vegetables. Exciting!! I can't WAIT!!!!!! We are moving in the 1st weekend in June, which kinda sucks because it will be DD's 2nd birthday (June 6th), but what better gift than her own room?!! :) Did I mention that I can't wait?

Because I can't.

:)

Trish - I'm glad the meds are giving you some relief! I can imagine you wanting all that to be over with! Congrats on the new rental house. It sounds beautiful! I wouldn't be able to wait either. I would say that DD's own room is a wonderful birthday present! I think an herb garden sounds great! I would love to have some type of garden in my back yard, but I just know my horse of a dog would destroy it. I've thought about buying one of those Topsy Turvy things for tomatoes though. DH always acts like I'm stupid when I mention it. I LOVE tomatoes. Just a plain, fresh, home-grown tomato with some salt on it is heaven for me in the summer time.

As for the sinus infection, I don't have a regular doctor so I haven't been to a doctor about it. If it got terrible, I'd go to the "Little Clinic" inside of the Kroger store down the road, but I don't go there until I have to. My next appointment with the Hepatologist is on May 12th. Geez...that's still a ways off isn't it?

Guest theresa925

I'm so glad you decided to continue your thread. It is so motivating to read about how you ladies are doing!

Hey girlies. Ok I start back in?

Trish - CONGRATS!! Yeah for a bigger house. It will be so nice when you get moved in and her own room is awesome!! My girls share but at 3 and 6 they can live :-) You sound super motivated!! You're a rockstar!

Bianca - Never got to say that was scary about the tornado watch but glad you got out before the rain! Hope you kick this sickness quickly.

AFM - I had an ok weekend. Was at my mom's and just a harried one. Used my flex AGAIN. It rained so I couldn't run and she doesn't have a treadmill. Tonight I was a work dinner that I'm going to do my best on. I've been trying to save up - I've only had 7 pts today! Lots of 0 and 1pt for me. I opened up the freezer this am and saw I had the WW frozen candy ice cream bar so I will eat that later tonight instead of crappy food service dessert if I so desire. Oh and I am trying to get my water in big time so at least 1 I use those drink mix ins. I found the Arizona ones and they had Arnold Palmer mixes. 5 calories TOTALLY YUMMY. I was missing sweet tea for sure!!

Marla

Starting - 212.6

Working on 5%!

11 lbs to go!!

Mommy to 2 little girls!!!

Is anyone else having issues with BCB today? It keeps telling me the server is busy and to try back later. I’ve lost 3 posts now because of it.

Theresa – I’m glad you found us!

Marla – I’m sorry that your weekend was harried, so I hope your week goes smooth and peacefully! I think saving the WW ice cream bar until after the work dinner is a good idea. The only thing I would be worried about would be being too hungry from not eating enough all day. I know if I try to save points by not eating much during the day, I get really hungry at dinner time and eat everything in sight. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve had to adjust the way I use my points recently. I eat more during the day now so that I’m not starving by the time dinner comes around. Let us know how it goes!

Hey Ladies! I feel lost...this blows...Thank goodness we didn't lose BCB, but still it blows :( I'm a new recruit??? Uh NO!

We had a state holiday today so I didn't have to work today! woohoo for a 3 day weekend. I did good this weekend. I used all my flex, but I managed to get in some kind of exercise everyday. I even got up went for power walk this am and then did some floor exercises. I also ate at home this afternoon instead of going out to lunch! yay! I ate at home all weekend. My only problem was I was really hungry all weekend so I ate extra snacks. I really don't believe I did bad at all though. I'm really having issues getting my mojo back. I'm doing floor exercises this week and practicing bringing my lunch all week :) You know I'm thinking about it and I really was physically active alot this weekend. I'm getting ready to have "divorce sale" (vs a yard sale) so I've been moving heavy boxes and cleaning all weekend. I have my lunch packed for tomorrow :) I'm going to walk my 2 miles at work. Go tan after work and then start dinner and do some floor exercises :)

Menu: 4/27

B: crossaint 3/20

S: grapes 1/19

4L: ham sandwich 5/16 + light chips 1/13

S: apple 2/11 + carrots 0/11

D: not sure...probably a s.o. 6/5 + garlic toast 3/2

S: ww ice cream 2/0 or v8 2/0

Liz

SW: 199.5 GW: 150 CW: 170

recommited & ready to go: 03/03/10

GOAL #1: 165 by 5/27

Good morning ladies :) Would it be okay if I join you?

Liz- Great job on the OP weekend! You even got some exercise in, I am proud of you buddy!

Trish- Thanks for making this thread! I am kinda lost without mine :(

Bianca- How are you feeling today? I hope the sinuses are cleared up.

Marla- How did the work dinner go last night?

My weekend was okay, we paid a visit to some of DH's family on Saturday, I made the slow cooker chicken teriyaki and it got some good reviews ( I bought some low-sodium teryaki sauce and will experiment to see if that tastes better. Sunday I made the mushroom burgers and they are so-so, I think I added too much pepper, I really want to try the homemade veggie burgers tho.

I got a free pedometer in the mail yesterday, forgot to put it on today, but it's going to rain most of the day anyway, I will start tomorrow for sure! btw: We are going to have a walking program here at work, it starts May 5th, plus it will have a weight loss competition, I can't wait!! It will be fun to have co-workers joining me on a quest to lost those pounds!

Have a great day !!

Trish – How are you today Mama? Hopefully your issues are better today….if not completely cleared up!

Marla – Hopefully your work dinner went well. Check in and let us know!

Liz – It sounds like you did great this weekend! Yay for getting extra activity in too! I just know your going to have a decent loss this week. Even if you did snack more because you didn’t eat out, I’m sure you ate less calories and ate healthier than you would have if you’d gone out. Your doing great! J

Sofi – Great job on cooking over the weekend. The Teriyaki chicken sounds good. I don’t know if the teriyaki sauce would be better in it than the soy or not. I guess I’ll have to make it first to find out! I’m sorry your mushroom burgers weren’t quite as good as you expected, but hopefully the veggie burgers will be delicious! I think it’s great that your work is having a weight loss competition. It would be so much easier if all my co-workers were on the same page. Instead they try to sabotage me by bringing in candy that I’ve told them is a big trigger for me. I don’t mean regular old candy, candy that’s my favorite and that I’ve told them is hard for me to stay away from. I don’t understand it. L

AFM – It’s another rainy blah day here. I can’t wait for some more pretty weather. It was rainy all weekend and I think it’s supposed to rain this weekend as well. Me no likey the rain! And ONCE AGAIN, I tried to post this earlier and the server told me it was too busy and I lost it. This is the 2nd time I’ve typed all this out! What’s up with that?

Bianca- it's a rainy and dreary day over here too..........when I type responses at work, I type them on my work email-Lotus Notes- then I just copy and paste them onto BCB, that way whenever someone walks by, they don't see the BCB website and the response doesn't get lost

Hi guys!

Well I did pretty good with dinner - it was especially nasty so that helped! I had one roll, one small piece of lemon bar besides my veggies. Didnt' really eat the meat because it was like pressed pork patties and nasty. Nobody liked it. But of course I woke up early and had a panic attack and realized I was about to be ill. Food did not sit well with me. So it's didn't count at all because it didn't stay in my body:bcb_sick:! :-) But I'm eating very bland today, wishing I didnt' have to be here!!

Liz -:wave:Good job!! I love the "divorce sale" not that you are getting divorced but moving forward!!! You rocked this weekend!

Sofi - I always have the hardest time when I go to someone's house. I did the same thing and coooked this weekend so I could have control. Your recipe's sound yummy!! Let me know how the Veggie burgers turn out.

Bianca - I keep having issues too, it's not just you! I am ready for warmer weather!

Tomorrow I am taking the day off and hitting some big yard sales. I'm so excited. This subdivision has THOUSANDS of people come in. They have food vendors even come in. My girlfriend and I are going and taking our 3yr girls. HAHAHAA this should be fun - I mean disaterous!!

Marla

Starting - 212.6

Working on 5%!

11 lbs to go!!

Mommy to 2 little girls!!!

Guest ShrinkingKaren
4 bed/2 bath, 2 car garage, fenced in back yard, and a covered back patio. I am going to be in HEAVEN. I am also planning on planting an herb garden and possibly some vegetables. Exciting!! I can't WAIT!!!!!! We are moving in the 1st weekend in June, which kinda sucks because it will be DD's 2nd birthday (June 6th), but what better gift than her own room?!! :) Did I mention that I can't wait?

OMG!!! You deserve this so much. I am thrilled for you and your family. This is going to be such an incredible change for you. Now you will even have space to do some at-home workouts! No more space as an excuse. And a garden with fresh veggies and herbs? That's so great. I've never done that so I'll be interested in hearing how you manage. I'm glad to hear that your meds might actually be starting to work. Hopefull you'll be 100% soon.

Bianca - did you try the neti pot with bottled water yet? Are you posting your menu on here too? B/C if so, you didn't post it today missy!

Marla - I'm really excited about the divorce sale. It's weird b/c I've been totally fine with the divorce. It was my decision and we just don't see eye to eye on life at all. I cried for nearly the last 3 yrs trying to make us work and finally let go. Letting go was the best feeling. I feel great and haven't cried once since he left. Then last night I'm going through all the stuff I'm selling and I got really pissed. I was mad at him for breaking all these promises and mad b/c it wasn't suppose to turn out like this. I had my nice little crying fit of anger and I'm ready now. I'm need the money for the attorney and I need to move on :) I saw your status on FB that you were sick all night. The first thing I thought was "well at least she doesn't have to count points for her dinner" lol. sorry :( Are you feeling better today? What are your plans for dinner?

Sofi - WTG on dinner and I'm glad you're excited for the weight loss comp and walking thing at work. Have you set your goals yet for what you want to achieve by the end of the comp?

Trish - I'm working on my email to you! PS - I'm going to lose more than you! xoxo

Karen - How's the spinning going??

AFM - I am really rocking today! I've been 100% OP! WooHoo! I wasn't going to walk b/c no one was here today to walk with me, but I did it anyways and honestly I got a better walk in since I was alone :) I'm thinking about doing my regular walks on breaks with the group and then on MWF (or all days just trying to start easy) walking a mile during my hour lunch. I usually just sit at my desk and eat anyways. Why not get some more walking in? I'm really feeling it today! I've had fruit for my snacks and no junk food just b/c it was in points. My dad is making turkey burgers for dinner :) Yummo! I know I posted my menu earlier, but dinner is changing so I'm reworking it.

Menu:

B: 3/20

S: 1/19

L: 6/13

S: 2/11

D: 9/2

S: 2/0

Liz

Marla - The yard sales sound like fun! I'm sorry to hear that the food you had at the dinner did not sit well with you. That definitely sucks. I hope you're feeling better now.

Liz - Great job on being 100% OP! The turkey burgers sound good. I don't typically post my menu online. It would always change and I'm lazy and don't want to have to update it all the time. I do track though. I don't have a neti pot, but I have the sinu-cleanse system which is like a neti pot. It flushes saline up one sinus cavity and out the other. I was using it, but it actually seemed to make it worse. I looked up online and it seems that apple cider vinegar mixed in some water helps break down sinuses so that they are thinner. It works! I've been doing that the last 3 days and I'm feeling a lot better. I still have the stupid cough though. :(

AFM - I went to pick Layla up from daycare and she was in a HORRIBLE mood, which sucked because I had plans to go to the grocery. I printed out a bunch of recipes at work today and was going to take them to the store to get the stuff to make them. I basically have no food at home. For dinner, Layla and I ate Kraft Easy Mac which is basically instant macaroni and cheese. I had the points for it, but I feel like crap because I know it's not healthy. I noticed my joints are not hurting as bad as usual today. I'm not sure why that is, but I've only taken 4 ibuprofen all day (as opposed to my usual 8-12). I think I may try to work out a little after Layla goes to bed. It'll have to be very low-impact though because my knees creak and ache so bad when I bend that it's ridiculous.

*edit* Girls, I posted this about 6pm tonight. It's now 9:15 and I have some wonderful news to share. I actually worked out tonight! This is the first time since I don't know when. I don't know what's going on or why my body isn't hurting as bad today, but I definitely took advantage of it. I did a 45 minute cardio workout! I even did squats and lunges. Some of the lunges I had trouble with and had to stop mid-way through though. As it turns out the squats don't hurt because I'm using my butt more than my knees, but the lunges did hurt. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up. If Layla stays on her schedule of going to bed at 8pm every night, I should have plenty of time before my 10pm bed time to get something in at least 3 times a week. I'm so excited that I might be able to have a weekly exercise routine again! This is huge for me! :bcb_up

Guest theresa925

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hello!

Bianca-- I'm SO excited that you got to work out with minimal pain! I know how much you've been looking forward to being able to exercise again! What kind of recipes were you thinking of making this week?

Liz--It is so great to hear your enthusiasm about the plan! I know for me that packing my lunch and snacks has been key for me to stay OP. It saves money and points!

Marla--I'm so sorry to hear about how dinner went for you. The yard sale sounds like a blast! We went to a small street fair this past weekend and it was so much fun. I’d love to go to something larger!

Sofi--That is great that people at work will be on a journey towards losing weight. It helps when you have other people trying to help you rather than tempt you with not-so-good things.

AFM--I weighed in today at 162.8, which is where I've been for about the past 2 months. While I'm disappointed that I've stayed the same for the past few months, it is giving me motivation to switch things up and finally break into the 150's. I think that the biggest problem I’ve been having is that I follow my plan all day at work, but when I come home I either eat too many points and/or I stop tracking. I’m committing to fully getting back OP. I’ve gotten into a habit of mindlessly eating or of telling myself that I’ll track it later… which I usually don’t do. I’ve also been slacking on getting in exercise everyday and have used too many excuses. I know I’m not a part of this thread, but seeing how motivated and enthusiastic you all are about succeeding has really helped me! Hope everyone has an OP day!

Good morning Theresa! Yes, I've definitely been looking forward to working out again. I'm starting to wonder if the apple cider vinegar I've been drinking every morning for the last 4 days has been what's helping my pain. Apparently, upon a google search, ACV has SO many health benefits! There were a few recipes I looked up yesterday. One of them was a baked oatmeal that looked really good. I figured I could make a batch of that once a week and alternate that with my eggs in a mug for breakfast. The other ones were Roasted Vidalias, Summer's Best BBQ Beans, Chicken Stroganoff, Rice, Broccoli, & Cheese Cups, Hearty Turkey Bake, and a Hashbrown Bake. I found them at these three websites: ONE & TWO & THREE. I'm sorry you've been hovering at the same weight for so long, but I'm glad you've got your motivation back and you know what you've been doing wrong. You can do this!

Good morning!! :)

Work has been crazy busy lately (a semi-nice change) and the forum has been busy and I've been unable to get in to post. Honestly, I've been kind of glad because I didn't feel like whining about where I'm at, but I'm supposed to be accountable, so here I am.

Food-wise I'm doing fine - but mentally I'm just at a standstill. I know I just had a baby, etc but in June of 2007 I was getting really comfortable with my body. I wasn't "happy" with it by any means, but I WAS happy with how things were going. I was at a healthy weight (and gotten there a healthy WAY) because of WW and BCB and then I got pregnant. Luckily (or not so? ha) I had morning sickness during the first 3-4 months with DD, and the lucky part was that I CRAVED health foods. Veggies, fruits, etc. After the morning sickness, I still pretty much craved healthy foods and I wanted to eat healthy for the baby and for me. I only gained about 30-40 pounds and I lost most of it by April of 2009. I was at 165 or so when I found I was preg again and while I was happy to be having another child, I was also slightly depressed because I knew how much work it was going to be later. Typing that out, it just makes me sound like a sick person, and I suppose I am. I used to have an ED (eating disorder) and now it is the flip side of that - living to eat, which in its own way is also an ED. I should have never been worried about losing weight because I was pregnant, I should have been able to bask in the moment.

So now I am just disgusted with my body. When I was younger, I wondered if I would ever want to get pregnant because of this. And then when a doctor told me that I might not be ABLE to have kids if I did not STOP with my ED, it threw me into overdrive on getting better. ("Funny" how that works...) Anyway.. so my body has definitely changed having two children in a matter of a little under 2 years and I have this mindset that I will never look like I did before -- or better than before. I know that slow and steady wins the race and I UNDERSTAND but my body has me feeling discouraged. I already know all the answers to how to go about it, and it IS motivating me to make healthy choices.. I guess I just needed to get it out and let you know where I'm at. Until my mind is changed, I'm just going to fake it. So that I WILL, eventually, make it. Today is a new day.

Bianca - I am SO happy for you! That is incredible and a GREAT accomplishment for where you have been healthwise. How are you feeling today? Are you "good" sore? Do you feel amazing?? I know that if I just got off my duff that I would feel great too, so I think you just motivated me to go walk on my lunch hour. :) BTW - my menus change sometimes, but usually for dinner. I like posting it because it's like double accountability and if I'm not eating enough of something, it helps if people call me out. Also - it might give people food ideas, kwim? Just saying.

Liz - still waiting for my email... . :) I am really proud of you for being 100% OP. Are you counting every BLT? How are you on grazing? Make sure you aren't "tasting" Lilli's food and not counting for it. I have to count when I taste DD's food to make sure its not too hot. I try not to put a bite in my mouth - just stick my tongue to it. *hugs* about DH. I wish you weren't going through this, but you have deserved better and this has been going on for years. Think of losing weight as a great way to SPITE him. haha

Theresa - this isn't a clique.. haha. You can join the thread if you want. Also - Have you tried going by the 8 Healthy Guidelines? When I plateaued my first time around, I just started eating more filling, fiber-filled foods (veggies, fruits, grains, oils, etc) and it seemed to break for me. I also did at least 10 minutes of Pilates each day and that together helped me lose like 4 pounds and I broke into a new weight range. Just a thought. Get control before it gets out of control. *Kicks* for not counting -- you know how this works and how it doesn't, so get back on track. No excuses. Try some new recipes -- I have been LOVING finding new recipes lately. It seems to motivate me if I'm eating delicious food that is good for me.

I have no plan today because I forgot my lunch and breakfast. I will most likely grab some fast food but I will work it in. It will most likely be a side salad or something of that sort. I have a WalMart nearby so I may stop there and get a salad or something. It will be healthy! I will update later if I can.

Trish - I'm sorry you're in the mindset that you're in right now. (((hugs))) My body is SO much different than it was before I had Layla. I STILL haven't gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight yet and it's been almost 2 years. Of course, I did gain 80 lbs though! My stomach is all flabby and I'm at least 2 pants sizes bigger than I was at this weight the last time. That's a big difference...and it's all in my belly! That's why I've really been wanting to work out. I know all these flabby bits around my middle won't go away without the exercise. I am sore today, but I can't tell if it's my normal body aches or from the cardio. I do know my butt muscles are sore from the squats and my knees are aching more than yesterday. We'll see how the day progresses.

Hi girls! I was just going to stop by to see how everyone is but then I got so lost!!! What happened around here?? My goodness. I'm off to do some research. I'll be back.

Melia - There's a thread in this forum called Forum Changes or something like that. It pretty much describes everything that happened over the weekend. It's good to see you!

Guest theresa925

Bianca-- Those recipes sound great. I think it might help me to move a few new things into our dinner routine instead of relying on the same things over and over. This week (maybe even tonight?) I'm planning on making a frittata. DBF has never had one and I haven't had one in ages/have never made one myself, but I found a video/recipe online that looks easy enough. I'm planning on using roasted vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, squash, spinach and onions to fill it. I also got a shredded swiss cheese to put on top. I think it is something that both DBF and I will like and is very filling without being calorie dense.

Trish-- I’m so sorry to hear how you are feeling right now. ((hugs)) Your body has been through a lot, and although it is difficult to know that this is a long journey, you are doing such amazing things for both yourself, but also for people like me who are inspired by what you are doing! You are right; you have to keep faking it until it becomes real. I will be here to listen and lend support to you however I can. You are absolutely right about really following the program. Sometimes I think I just “know” it because I’ve been doing it for awhile, but clearly that is not the case. I need to count points and portions if I want to see progress. As far as the healthy guidelines, I think it would do me well to revisit them. I tend to fill my daily menu with majority ‘real’ foods, but I know there is always room for improvement. Besides, using real foods is good, but if I don’t control portion sizes and points, I’m not following the program that way either. I also need to get better about exercising. Even if it just something short at night, I need to actually DO something. I’m going to commit to doing something every day this week. I like the idea you had before about doing squats every time you take a bathroom break or lunges while you make dinner. Plus, I can always do Wii Fit or a Walk Away the Pounds DVD at night. They don’t take long and it will help me get moving without using excuses as to why I can’t go to the gym, etc.

In addition to all of this, we’re currently going through the process of trying to buy a house, and the seller is being (to put it mildly) a complete jerk. We’re so tired of living where we do and paying rent when we KNOW we could have a house closer to family, in a much nicer area, and be paying less money. Our settlement date was set for May 12, but we are thinking that we will go to mediation, which will probably push the date back further. It is stressful, but at the same time it is giving me motivation to stay OP and make use of the gym in the apartment complex while I can.

Bianca - Praise God!!! That's amazing that you were able to workout w/o pain! WooHoo! I'm so proud of you. I honestly have to say if I was in constant pain and had a day w/o it, exercising wouldn't be first on my list (even though it should lol). You are an inspiration! If you can make the best use of your pain free time then I can work out, too. No excuses, right?

Trisha - I emailed you back :)

Mel - Hi!

Theresa - Ugh that bites about your house situation. I know the pain all too well though. I was in mortgage for years and I've seen it a 100 times and even experienced it while I was selling my house a couple of years ago. (((hugs)))

AFM - I'm doing really well. I was on fire yesterday. I stayed OP and exercised :) Yippee! I had some minor inspiration, too. One of my closest friends from my college years (who I'm going to see in about a month in TX) posted on her FB that she's lost 5lbs in 10 days and then posted that she got into some jeans she hasn't been able to get into in 3 yrs. Although she was happy, I wasn't happy for her. Evil. I know. :( I just felt this pang of jealousy and anger. She's doing the HCG diet. Which I won't lie, I've thought about trying it, but it is so unhealthy. You only eat 500 calories a day. It was so disheartening b/c I'm doing it the "right" way and she's not. Why does she get to lose weight while I struggle doing it the way it should be done. It's kind of like seeing someone get an A b/c they cheated and you study and you get a C :( Make sense? Anywho, it pissed me off and that anger made me work really hard yesterday. I don't want to go out with all my friends and feel like the fat one. I may still end up being the "fat one" but I'm going to be tan and firm by then. Plus I have a much better personality...at least thats what my momma tells me lol.

Menu:

B: crossaint 3/20

S: banana 2/18

L: ham sandwich 4/14 + chips 1/13

S: grapes 1/12

D: subway veggie sub 10/2

S: v8 smoothie 2/0

Lilli is going to church with my dad, so I'm going to tan and then come home and exercise b/4 I eat.

Liz

Going to reply to personals, but I see Liz is still online sooo..

About your friend -- just remember that she is losing quickly, but she will gain that weight RIGHT back as soon as she stops eating 500 calories a day. She is probably losing water/muscle, while you are losing fat. Don't get discouraged. You and I both know that this works.

Back again soon.