Health Discovery Network
shenna54

Joing WW again after two kids

Hi I just stumbled across this site after searching for some support for people who are doing the WW program. From what I have read it looks like I've found the right place. My name is Shenna and I am rejoining WW again after having two kids. My first time on WW I lost 116 lbs. This time I have 66.8 lbs to lose to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (prior to my first daughter that is). Being a working mom, taking kids to and from, and just living life I have found it much more difficult than before. Does anyone have any tips for a mom on the go? I know however that I just need to buckle down and get to it. I am starting the program tomorrow and combining it with an excercise routine....hopefully this will help me get where I need to be. I look forward to this journey and having such a great place to share my successes and struggles!!

Shenna :)

All the best,

Shenna54

weight.png

Hi Shenna and Welcome!

As far as advice, I would say planning is important. Some people cook extra on their days off and/or use a crockpot to save time. You will get lots of ideas and support here.

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

:welcome: Shenna! The best advice I can give is to make sure to take the time for yourself. Investing in your health/weight loss is the best thing for your family. Don't put yourself last! And, I'd also say that planning is KEY when you're working and have a young family. Try doing some cooking on the weekend so you can put things in the fridge/freezer and not have to worry as much about cooking after work. Try to find ways to incorporate family time and exercise-- take the kids for walks in a stroller, do outdoor yard work while the kids play around you. I like to multi-task so walk with the family to the grocery store and shop so you can take care of exercise and shopping!!

Kimberley

Shenna - it's fantastic that you are rejoining, welcome! Having no kids myself, there's not much I can say on that front but planning, tracking, attending meetings make all the difference in the world!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Shenna, welcome,

As an active Mom it's important to plan ahead. You will find yourself busy, trying to feed the kiddies and nibbling. I always have a dinner in the crockpot on the weekends so I will have at least one dinner made ahead of time for the really busy days.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I have 2 kids also and have about 50 pounds or so to lose. I am learning this journey all over again, and I won't lie - it's harder with 2 than it was with one or when I didn't have children.

They always give awesome advice here, but I will say - don't look at exercise as all or nothing. I am trying to work past this and another person on the forum mentioned this the other day, which sparked me to think that I am the same way. ANY movement is good. Parking further away at the grocery store, a few crunches in the morning and at night after work. Do some squats while cooking. All of it adds up.

Also.. don't forget to count all those BLTS (bites, licks, tastes). With 2 children, "tasting" their food to make sure its the right temp adds up too. Be sure to only put what you plan into your mouth and make sure you are mindful of what you eat.

You can do it - post often on the board so we can all lean on each other.

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

Guest WANNALOOZIT

Shenna,

Welcome to the forum. I did WW between my two pregnancies and was able to lose all the weight I had gained with Baby #1, then after Baby #2, I slacked off and still, after 6 years, haven't gotten back to my pre-babies weight. I finally got to the point back in November 2009 that I realized I hated looking at myself in the mirror and was tired of disliking the way I looked in all my clothing, SO, I came back to WW, back to this site, and I love all the support I get here. I know you can do this.....yes, you are busy with your kids and your job, I am the same way, but I am able to find time to squeeze in exercise and some meal planning. It all takes motivation and a positive attitude. Look in the mirror every day and tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS!!" I notice that when I know I have been staying OP (on points), that I feel really good about myself. You'll see!

Good luck on your journey to a new lifestyle!

Christi