Health Discovery Network
moemac

BCB Exercisers ~~ May ~~

Hello exercisers!!

Today I did 40 minutes on the stairclimber. Did NOT feel like it, but made myself. Worked today, I never feel like exercising when I work. good thing i am part time. lol

Moe :salut

Hi Moe - Good for you.

Went to Curves today and made it three times around the circuit, so 45 minutes. After my light week last week I dragged a little, but it felt good after my shower.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

I slept through half of my first class today so ended up walking for 25 minutes instead of my planned 60 minutes of water aerobics. Did 80 minutes of yoga after that. Thinking about playing something on the Wii for a little bit to make up for that lost 35 minutes earlier.

Deb ~ Every day has potential to be a success! ~

:bcbkickbuMini-goal #15 - Lose 60 pounds

counter-weight.jpg

Down 56.3 lbs, 3.7 lbs to go

Ran 8K this morning. It was the hottest so far this year, really felt like summer. Very breezy on the way home though, I like to have the head wind going out usually, and the push coming home.

Deb, did you get the Wii in yesterday? I think you did good anyway, 80 minutes of yoga alone is good!

Heather - good for you getting around 3 times, it really is all worth it when you're done...feels good :)

I started week 6 on the C25K this morning. It went pretty well. I only ran twice last week and I just repeated days from week 5 instead of moving on. Moving it up now.

I need something to target my abdominal region. Do I get a video for abs or just do crunches 3x's a week or what? Any and all suggestions are not only welcomed but encouraged!

Moe - Have you always been a runner or did you start during your weight loss journey. 8K is great! It's in the lower 70's now, but was about 65 when I ran this morning.

Deb - Keep it up. It will pay off.

Heather

Moe, no, I didn't. Evil computer sucked me in... lol. But there is always today. :)

Heather, thanks. A lot of Pilates routines are very, very focused on the abs. You might try that.

counter-weight.jpg

I do 46 minutes of swimming this evening, then a short while ago did some time with the Wii Fit +. I started with some yoga, then did some of the aerobic exercises. I tried the running bits, which involve running in place for a short time (and I had the distance on short mind you! lol), I think about 2 minutes. I managed to stick that out twice without killing myself. I unlocked the longer distance option after that, but not sure I am ready to try that. There were a few times towards the end of that little two minute run that I felt like quitting. Ugh!

counter-weight.jpg

Ran 8K this morning...beautiful day today, not hot and not too windy.

Heather - i use to run wayyyyy back before I had kids (oldest is now 16) and then when I had them....I just stopped and didn't do anything. Finally in 2003...I started this weight loss thing and within about 3 months I had started running again. Just started slow though, walk/run and gradually built it up. I have been running pretty steady now for 7 yrs. Wow....can it be that long??? lol

*grumble* It ate my post! lol

Moe, that's great! 7 years is wow... a lot of discipline to keep doing it.

I did my water aerobics and yoga today, so added 140 minutes to my ticker this evening. I don't think I'm going to make my goal, but I still think I did good considering. :)

How is everyone doing today?

counter-weight.jpg

I went to Curves and did three loops. I had extra time and I spent it on the stretching circuit. That felt good.

I asked DD about abs. She sat me down and explained that our abdominal region is divided into four separate muscle groups. She let me know I need to target each muscle group to "really" work my abs. She's pretty smart for a 13 year old. After I had been introduced to two of these new found muscle groups, I told her that was enough for one day. I'm going to try to do what she taught me a week or two and then add the other two. I move slow. I'm okay with that.

Deb - You did a lot today. Good for you.

Moe - Great job on the run (again.) I read a lot of cautions about running back to back days. Is that something you built up to, or are the cautions over-cautious? Sorry I'm picking your brain. I really like running. I want to keep it up.

Heather

I went to Curves again yesterday. Made it around three times again. I'm feeling more energy and getting my reps closer to where they were before the "procedure." I did the exercises DD taught me for my abs again last night.

I planned to get up this morning and do the C25K, but we were having an active electrical storm so decided not to go. It's clearing up and I'm going to try to do it after work. Traditionally I don't do so good if I wait until after work, but I really want to get my schedule back, so I've put my family on notice that that's the plan. DH said he'd grill for us. That should help.

Heather

Well Moe, your the only name I recognize in here. It's nice to see some new faces in here though! The only question I have is "Where are all of the guys?"

I've been away from these boards for a long time, but I haven't slacked a bit on the exercise or much on the diet. I'm still floating between 170 & 174 depending on my diet! I've still been doing various Men's Health workouts/weight routines 2-3 days a week and running 2-3 days a week. I like the flexibility of choosing my workout/run intensity each morning!

I took Monday and Tuesday off after my long (8.55 mi) run on Sunday. Wednesday I did a 4 mile run (1/2 mile warmup, 3 mile intervals, 1/2 mile cooldown) in just shy of 32 minutes; Thursday I did the Men's Health Spartacus workout (2 complete circuits); and this morning I did an up tempo 5 mile run (ran hard, and finished in 36:47). I think this mornings' run is a pr for me for that distance - I've broken a 7 min/mi, but that was only on a 3 mile circuit. Tomorrow will be another Mens' Health routine, and hopefully I'll be able to sneak out on Sunday morning for a long run.

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

"Some people go through life standing at the excuse counter. Get out of line. "

My Picture Show

hi Cliff! Nice to see you back on the boards! I have times too when I get slack here...I'm like you though, if I falter with anything its the diet more so than the exercise. I seem to keep that up without too much problem. Not sure where all the guys went too!

Heather - i don't seem to have too much trouble running back to back days, as long as I take a day here and there off. Usually I can tell if I need a day off. And actually, today is that day, I didn't do anything. Worked half a day and then had to tote the kids around this afternoon so didn't get anything in. It will be my rest day I guess!

I did go out and complete the C25K last night after work. DH had dinner well underway by the time I got home; the kids put a new podcast on my MP3 player while I was at work; and they were all planning to eat after my run. Who could fail with support like that? It was cold and rainy (the lightening was over though), but I felt great after my shower.

Today is even colder and really wet. I dug out an old video and did that. It's 60 minutes of stretching and strength stuff. It's really old. I need something new. But I did it and it was different from anything I've done so far this week.

Cliff - Glad to see your post. I'm going to sneak out Sunday morning for a run too, but mine won't be so long. I'm finishing week 6 of the C25K.

Moe - It would be so nice for me to be able to run more and go to Curves less once dance is over (May 22). I'm afraid to try it. Maybe after I complete the C25K program I'll feel stronger. Right now I feel like every day is a challenge and I need the rest day. Maybe if I lose a little more weight, and I'm not carrying around so much extra. :o)

Heather

Well, I didn't get out for the run this morning, because I didn't want to mess up Mother's Day for my wife. Instead, after I made breakfast for her and the kids, we went out and dug up part of the back yard for a garden that she wanted. A little manual labor with a pick-axe and hoe gave me a bit of a workout, but not as much as a long run would have. Oh well maybe next weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to any moms out there.

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

My Picture Show

You are a good man Cliff!!!!! :D Very nice of you to give up your run for your wife on Mothers Day. A lot of men wouldn't do that, she is a lucky one :)

I bet you got a pretty good workout with that axe and hoe anyway. I know...not quite the same, but still good!

Good morning -

I did get to run Sunday morning. I did not, however, finish week 6. It just wasn't there. I don't know if it was a bad day or what, but I didn't even come close to keeping up with the podcast. So sad. So . . . I'm going to repeat week 6. I know I can do it if I don't quit. I think that's my new motto.

I went to Curves yesterday and did my three loops. The owner came over to me and offered some suggestions on how I could make it harder in addition to adding the loop. I tried one of her suggestions. It was harder. Did Day 1 of Week 6 of the C25K this morning (in the rain.)

Heather

That's a great attitude Heather! Keep it up and you will succeed.

I ran on the TM this morning instead of outside in the rain. I did a pre-programmed interval run - 40 minutes max speed of 10mph. I think my average was around 9 min/mi.

Have a good one!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Sounds like a lot of people had rain yesterday. Fortunately...we didn't. I got out for a 8K run, and then went to body toning last night.

Today i will run...not sure of distance....I always wait to see how I'm feeling., but 10K would make me very happy :D

That is definitely the right attitude Heather....never stop...keep on trying and you will succeed. No matter how long it takes!

Cliff - sounds like a real good TM workout

Moe - It's not a bad workout, but not as hard as my actual interval runs outside. It's not too bad, so I haven't tried changing it to make it harder, but it is nice that I don't have to manually adjust it when I want to run intervals!

I did weights this morning - the Mens Health Warrior (Big Arms) Workout. It's not as hard as some of the others I've done, but it's nice to mix it up.

Clif #125

My Picture Show

I did my little crunch routine Tuesday evening. I added the other two muscle groups DD suggested. I'm sore every time I do it, so it must be working. I went to Curves last night. The owner followed me around the circuit and gave me tips on all of the machines. I learned a lot. I could be getting more out of my time there. I did the cardio blasts she taught me Monday evening. My heart rate was quite a bit higher than it had been the last month. That's good.

DS asked me to look at some exercise vidoes he wants. It's a group of videos you can use by themselves or along with a program. I don't think I'm fit enough to do the program, but I'd like to try some of them. We ordered them last night. I'm kind of excited.

Moe - Hope you got another run in yesterday. And thank you for the encouragement.

Cliff - Do I understand correctly that your TM has programs in it that control your run? Like you could pick different levels of difficulty or different options as far as speed? Is it fast run/slow run? Or walk/run? Or both? Thank you also for your encouragement.

Heather

Heather - yes, it has probably 6 pre-programed routines that I think are easy, but then it also allows you to program in some customized programs. Right now I only have a speed interval in there, but I used to have a speed & hill interval that somehow got erased. I need to put that one back in, because it really kicks my butt!

This morning I did an interval run that involved the steps at our church. I ran up and down the 19 steps 6 times, and then did a recovery run around the block (.53 miles). I did this 6 times for a total of 684 steps and 3.18 miles - total time of 38:27. Pretty good interval workout!

Catch you all tomorrow.

Clif #125

My Picture Show

I got in the pool today and swam for 50 minutes. Barely got done before class was over. Seriously dragging today, but I met my goal- 50 pool lengths. Sometimes I wish the pool was smaller! lol

counter-weight.jpg

45 minutes of Mens Health "Big Arms" workout this morning plus 60 pushups and 30 reps of dumbell rollers. My shoulders and upper body in general are pretty sore right now! :)

Clif #125

My Picture Show