Health Discovery Network
moemac

BCB Exercisers ~~ May ~~

Due to an appointment, I didn't get to Curves yesterday. The good part of it was that I really missed it. I felt like one of my favorite parts of my day was left out. Nice to know it's really becoming a habit for me. So it was late by the time we got home and I was tired. I walked about 30 minutes and did the abdominal routine DD taught me. We added stretches last night. Those felt good and I think I'm getting the hang of it. This morning I did day 2 of week 6 of the C25K. Going to try the "big" run again on Sunday.

Cliff - Thank you. I didn't know TM could do that. I have to stop in somewhere and educate myself some I think. Good job on the interval running. Stairs. What a good idea.

Deb - Swimming is such good exercise. I did PT in a pool after my second hip surgery. I got stronger so much faster than after my first surgery. I wish someone had offered it the first go around. 50 laps is a lot. Good for you.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Heather, thanks. My arms agree that its a lot! They sure do feel it. My legs too, but they recover faster.

Good luck with your run tomorrow! You can do it!

I did 34 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight and it marked me down as burning 177 calories. Almost 100 of them was in doing the basic runng- I did the "Island Lap" tonight which took about ten minutes. I seriously thought I was going to drop dead, and it only rated me at like 45%. O.O I think I'll stick with the shorter distances for a while. That was killer.

Deb ~ Every day has potential to be a success! ~

:bcbkickbuMini-goal #15 - Lose 60 pounds

counter-weight.jpg

Down 56.3 lbs, 3.7 lbs to go

I had a great long run this morning - 9.41 miles in 1:16:48, which is an 8:10 min/mi. I feel great now, and am ready for whatever the day brings! Plus, the sun is shining and it's supposed to be in the 70's - B E A utiful!

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

"Some people go through life standing at the excuse counter. Get out of line. "

My Picture Show

I just finished 46 minutes with the Wii Fit... this afternoon I have water aerobics and yoga. Water aerobics is supposed to be a free period today so probably just going to run in the pool for the hour. We have a test on next Monday anyway where all we do is run as many times as we can up and down the pool in ten minutes so it'll be a good chance to see how I much I can do before the actual text.

counter-weight.jpg

5 mile interval run for me this morning in the drizzle. It was great weather for a run - 53* and slight drizzle! I love running in that weather! My time wasn't my best, but it still felt pretty good after my long one this past weekend - 40:07.

Have a great Monday!

Clif #125

SW 01/01/07 (235#) - LW 12/03/07 (165#) = 70# gone; CW = 171.6# (down 3.4 since 01/01)

My Picture Show

Had a good weekend! Saturday I got up early and did the same exercise video I did last Saturday. Then I did the ab exercises DD taught me and the weight lifting ones DH taught me. He got some lighter weights for me so I'm going to try that again. Sunday I finished week 6 of the C25K (finally). I also did the abs again. DD said I can do them everyday. I'm going to try it. It only takes 10 to 12 minutes. I should be able to work that into my day somewhere.

Heather

I had a doctor's appointment before my water aerobics class, so by the time I made it there, class was nearly over. I ended up walking for 20 minutes instead, which came out to a mile and a half. Funny how walking 1.2 miles to the post office and back is more tiring then walking around the pool! Yoga went well, did 80 minutes in there.

counter-weight.jpg

Haven't posted here in a bit. yesterday was a day off from exercise. Today I will go for a run this morning, it is a beautiful day out. Tonight is body toning class. This class will soon end for the summer, I will miss it!

Had a good weekend, did the stairclimber on saturday and sunday ran and went to body toning.

Moe :salut

So much for working in the abs every day. I didn't do them yesterday. I went to Curves and did three loops. I did the cardio blasts again. It keeps my heart rate up at 85% instead of the 70% I was getting running in place. I didn't know it would make that much of a difference. I got up early to run this morning and felt really congested. Couldn't make myself go. I did the abs I punked out on last night and hoping I feel better after work so I can run or at least walk then. It's raining. I think that contributed. I did look at TMs this weekend. Lots to think about.

Kylee - I started trying to work exercise into my lifestyle last December. I've tried several different things. Some stick and some don't, but whenever I try something new, it makes me tired and sore. If I stick with it for a week or two, that's when it starts to feel good. This is my third week trying to do some ab exercises. The first "morning after" I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of bed my gut hurt so bad. It's better now. I feel stronger doing the exercises and energized when I'm done. Keep working at it.

Heather

Heather - you shouldn't be doing abs exercises every day. Just like any other workout, you should not work the same muscle groups day after day. The rest time that you get by alternating days is very beneficial to your muscles!

I did the Mens' Health Fast Abs workout this afternoon - 2 different routines - 10 exercises each - 12 reps of each - 3 total circuits. It was a good one!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Well, I ran the church steps again this morning and realized that each time up is 24 steps, not 19. So . . . last time I did 864 steps, not 684 not that it really matters. Today, I ran the loop 8 times for a total of 1152 steps and 4.24 miles - total time of 47:40. It was a great workout! Have a great day!

Clif #125

My Picture Show

Cliff - Thank for the heads up on the ab info. DD thought that abs was the only muscle group that were excluded from the "rest day" rule. I don't know where she got that from. I can tell you that after doing it two days in a row, I sure didn't want to do it again. and when i went back to it, I couldn't do as much as I had been doing before. So I think I'm with you on this one. I'm still learning.

Went to Curves today. enjoyed it and spent 45 minutes on the circuit. taking today off abs. As an aside - I won the Curves Biggest Loser. She went by percentage of body weight lost, not total pounds. I think a couple girls were disappointed. I didn't really care, but I won a day at a pretty nice spa. If I'd have known that was up for grabs, I might have tried harder! Anyway, it was fun.

Heather

Hi Heather,

I was reading about your C25K. Keep up the work. I finished it in March in time for a St. Patrick's Day 5K. Have you signed up for a race yet? It will keep you motivated to finish the program. I never thought I would get past week 6 and 7 with the long runs but now run 4 miles 2 days a week and 5 on Saturdays. I'm trying to increase my distance to run an 8K in September.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

I went to the pool and swam for 50 minutes tonight (Thursday night). Did a little more then last time and finished with 52 links... I think I could have done more but there really wasn't time, and I feel weird being the last one out of the pool! lol

counter-weight.jpg

Laveta - Thank you so much for the encouragement. It came at a very good time! I'm struggling through week 7 right now. Some days after about 7 minutes of jogging I just feel like I could jog to the next town and back no problem. Of course at about 20 minutes I realize that was very foolish thinking, but I make it through the longer run without a struggle. But then two days later after about 7 minutes of jogging I feel like my body really hates me for doing this to it and it's never going to take me to the end of the podcast. (Today was one of those good days.) I'm just going to keep it up until all of the days are good days. I repeated week 6 and I'm convinced that was a good decision. I have not signed up for a 5K. DH encouraged me to at first. I never looked into it. There are a lot of summer festivals around here that have them. It would be motivational. Thank you for sharing your success with me. Very encouraging.

Went to Curves last night. DD's dance class on Thursday is only 40 minutes long, so I only went around the circuit twice. I really focused on keeping my heart rate up the whole time and I'm getting better at consistently doing the cardio blasts on the recovery boards. C25K this morning in the rain. I didn't mind the rain today. I think because it's warmer. It went really well.

Heather

Heather,

You can do a 5K with no problem. I had these same struggles when all of a sudden it went to a 20 and 25 minute run...I couldn't believe how hard it was! I was so surprised at my first 5K how easy it was. I think being with a group helps motivate you. I've done 2 5K's now and one 5 mile race and love doing them. After your first, you will be hooked.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

Just walked to the post office and back. 1.2 miles in 14 minutes. Figured I'd walk rather then drive just to mail my Netflix back.

counter-weight.jpg

Ran today, beautiful day out there...but what am I saying, it was actually foggy when I ran this morning. Did a 10.6K loop that is near my house. I am finding that running the longer distances is getting easier, I don't seem to feel quite so wiped out afterwards.

Did the C25K Friday and Sunday. I'm using a watch and not the podcasts. It's nice to pick my own music. It's getting hot, so the morning is the best time to run for me. I went to Curves today. I asked her about a travel pass. I'm going to try one that's closer to my house.

Heather

I know it is almost the end of May, but I thought I'd jump in regardless.

Saturday: 6 mile bike ride

Monday: 30 minutes Biggest Loser Yoga/Bike to work, home for lunch, back to work, and home (2 miles total)

Today: 40 minute walk/run

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Add 2 mile bike ride to yesterday.

Today: 40 minute spin bike ride this am. Plan to walk to work and home which is 1 mile total.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

I'm glad you jumped in Sheri!

Yesterday I just went to body toning in the evening. It was a good hard class, she is sneaking in some cardio, i think its is a type of plyrometrics. Regardless what it was called, it was a hard workout, loved it!

Didn't realize how humid it was out today until I went out for my run. Thankfully I had dressed ok for it, did 8K.

35 minute run/walk this am. Ran 1 mile total and walked 1.5 miles.