Health Discovery Network

Goddess - Aweseome!! Ab Ripper will definatelty humble the best of us. LOL Good job on the Kempo. Glad to hear DH is trying it too.

Laveta - 5 Miles. Nice.

As for me, I was in NY this weekend for my moms BDay. We had a BBQ for her. Lots of grilled steak. No burgers at this BBQ. Kept it clean. My parents love on Long Island, which is 40 Mins East of Manhattan. Its like any other suburb, just crowded. LOL. Last night I did 45 mins on the elliptical. I had to drop p90x. Working out at home was proving to be too difficult. Too many distractions with the kids. I'd walk through the door and get hit with "I need help with Homework" etc. LOL. I'd end up helpomg my older DS with his homework, then feeding the twins, helping out DW. Before you know it its 10 PM. I know I know, I hear the violins too. But I need to keep at it!! I'll continur to do some of the workouts when I can. But its back to the gym for me. Chest and back tonight. My Fav!!

Also, two years ago, I used to belong to the local Y. I dropped it because it got too expensive. On top of the membership fee, we had to pay for each class. I really enjoyed spinning and when I was spinning, the pounds melted off me. Spinning just takes cardio to a whole new level. Its A W E S O M E!!! So I found a deal at a local gym with good spinning classes and it fits my schedule, I'll continue to use my work gym for lifting. We'll see how it works out.

SW 1/15/07 - 248 (37.5 % BF)

CW 10/01/09 - 184 (13.6% BF)

Goal is to Maintain current weight and reach under 10% BF.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186676

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

Spinning is something I've never tried. It's too hard for me find a time to get to a gym. I also have twins but they are 15 and it's hard to get out the door after I get home from work. Yesterday was a much needed rest day. Today I'll be running 4 miles after work and Legs and Back/Ab Ripper when I get home.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

Laveta, how were your 4 miles? My twins are 9 mth old boys. They keep us superbusy. lol.

I did chest and back yesterday. WOW! I feel awesome today. Spent over on hour on these two muscle groups. Going to check out the new gym this afternoon. My son is in a play tonight. So it'll be an adventure when DW and I show up with a twin in each arm. LOL. I'm hoping to hit the gym after the play for some cardio. Looking forward to my first spin class soon.

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Good Morning,

The 4 miles were good. It is still not too hot here and I was able to run outside. Soon I'll have to move inside on a treadmill when I run after work. It'll be over 100 degrees soon.

Laveta

So Rich, did you decide that you are doing the gym and working out with P90x videos when possible instead of doing the program?

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Hi Goddess, unfortunately yes. The Distraction of 3 young boys at home is too much too comit to the program. As soon as I get home, I'm ambushed with household tasks. I'm lucky enough that I have a complete gym at work, so I'm able to go to the gym before heading home from work. I also signed up for local gym to start spinning again. I'll continue to do the videos when I get the chance.

My plan was to hit the new gym after my sons play. But I was exhausted. We got home at 9:30 and we were spent! LOL. It was a cute production. My son's school put on the Lion King. It was cute to see all the kids in their costumes.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a morning excercise person. I got up this AM at 4:30. I hit the gym at work and I felt soooo weak. Is it that I just not into it in the AM or that I need to get used to it? I'll have to figure that one out. But once I'm done I feel awesome. I did shoulders and Arms. Tonight I'm either going to cut the grass. I have .5 an acre. I have both type of mowers. Push (not self propelled) or a ride on. I tend to like the push mower. It cuts better and gives me a great workout. If it rains, which is calling for it, I'll hit the new gym for a spin class. We'll see.

Have a great one!!

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

For years I got up at 4:30 to workout. It was good to get it over with early in the day, since there are so many distractions after work. BUT, you are right, I always felt weak. Now that I workout in the early evening, I feel much stronger and have more energy. I saw something on TV about this last week also.

I guess though that it's better to work out in the morning than not get to do it at all. Having small children, you never know what's going to be waiting for you when you get home from work.

Laveta

Hey Rich, I completly understand and know how you feel. That's why I decided not to do the program right now as well, (I have no kids, but not much time either!). I too am throwing in a P90x workout in between the gym cardio and weight machines. BTW, please call me Ru, being called goddess makes me sound vain LOL.

BTW Laveta, welcome to the P90x thread!

As for working out in the morning, it has never worked for me. I'm just not a morning person and I too feel very weak, and my workout efforts are therefore dimished. Intensity gets compromised in such case. Also, sleep overrides all LOL. I've tried to eat a pre-workout snack and sometimes that helps, but you have to be cautious about the choice. A banana works pretty well.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. I had to work Sunday, but it was relaxing. I took a break from working out this weekend. Apparently while doing shoulder presses on Thur morning, I pinched a nerve in my neck and I was in a lot of pain. Couldn't turn my neck. Looked like I had whip lash. LOL. Feeling better today. Friday I did manage to take a spin class at the local gym and again yesterday. I now remember how much of a workout these classes are. Intense!!. Makes for a great sweat.

Today, neck is feeling much better, hitting the gym at work and I'm planning on Chest and back. If I'm not too spent, I'll do 30 - 40 mins on the elliptical or Arc trainer.

Have a great Wed.

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Is anyone doing P90x anymore?

I've decided to sub all my cardio (elliptical) workouts with the p90x cardio workouts. I hope I start to see some changes in my body from this new routine!

Yesterday I did Cardio X, and I have to say, I hated it. The yoga part I found to be very annoying, and the kenpo was fine and the plyo was hard. But I guess the yoga in the beginning messed me up. In any case, the workout is still hard, but I don't think I'll be doing it for a while because I'm not really a fan of it.

Gearing up for a P90x weekend, will report back on what I do!

206.5 | 202 | 150

Wow! I just read this entire thread and I want to try a few of those workouts. I guess I'll ask around to see if anyone has a set I can borrow. I am not sure I could make it through them but I like a workout that I can't do entirely at first. I like the feeling of striving to accomplish something.

As for the pre and post workout- I have a personal trainer and she stresses having protein after working out. She uses the protein drinks but I -like others have said-refuse to drink my points. I eat one egg scrambled with some egg whites with some whole wheat toast. Sometimes I have a chicken breast on some quinoa.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Another follow up-I found the website that has a "before you begin P90X" fitness test. I think I would be OK except for those jumping jacks (see my other thread about stopping the flop) and the wall squats. I will try to increase my time on those before trying the P90X.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

How you do on the pre-P90X test? BTW, congrats on your loss. You are half the person you were. In a good way. :)

AFM, Its been a while since I've posted. I'm still hitting the gym. I actually got to two gyms. We have a gym here at work. Its a complete gym with all free weights, cables, dumbells, and a smith machine. So I lift here at work. I also go to LA Fitness. I really enjoy spin classes. Their spin classes are intense. You can burn up to 800 - 900 calories in an hour.

I have noticed something intriguing, why are guys so afraid of spin classes? The ratio is usually 4:1. Its such an intense workout!! More guys should be attending. Its a complete fat burning class. Your thoughts?

-Rich

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Thanks Rich! I did just as I thought. Failed miserably on the jumping jacks and I am not quite there on the wall squats. However, I have been practicing the wall squats at work and hope to be there soon.

Lisa