Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WANNALOOZIT

Glazed Donuts

Guest WANNALOOZIT

I was wondering if anyone knows how many points I should count for a glazed donut. It was probably a 4" donut.:bcb_confu

Thanks!

Christi

I put it into the WW online tracker food finder and here is a sample of what came up:

Doughnut, yeast, glazed (6)

Dunkin' Dunuts Glazed Donut (5)

Entenmann's Glazed Dunuts (variety pack) (6)

The lowest point option was three points, but it was for a low-fat donut. Most donut holes were three points for two items.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Guest WANNALOOZIT

Why does something so yummy have to be so bad for us? Thanks for the info! I appreciate your help!

Christi

Guest LeeBeeJeebies

Hahaha I know! I LOVE donuts. They are just too expensive (points-wise) to consume. bcb_sad

My rule of thumb is 6 points for regular-sized donuts. Sometimes they're worth it. Sometimes.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Guest WANNALOOZIT

I will be tempted by more donuts tomorrow morning at our garage sale! Please send me some skinny vibes so I can pass them up!!!!! It's hard to sit there and watch my kids scarf them down and not join them! I better bring along some fruit and yogurt!!!!!

Christi

Christi - bringing your own snack food is definitely the way to go! Or, can you get something else for your kids instead and avoid the doughnut purchase entirely, or will someone else be bringing them?

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Guest WANNALOOZIT

I never buy donuts, it's my parent's that always get some when we have a garage sale and the kids to bananas over them. You know how the grandparents spoil the kids!!! I can refrain, I actually have really been on a fruit kick lately and think I can pass on the donuts this time.

Ah yes, doting grandparents. Well the fruit is a good idea. Good luck with the garage sale!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs