Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Blackbeard

5K Today - NSV

Ran my second 5K of the season today, with a goal of breaking the half hour mark. Well, I really outdid myself because I finished in 28:37, my best time ever by over two minutes. This is somewhat shocking to me, because I'd never had an improvement by more than one minute before, since my first race. Around the 2.5 mile mark I really wanted to quit, but I knew I was way ahead of my goal pace, so I made a deal with myself. Just finish the race without walking and you don't have to go to the gym this afternoon. :bcb_grin

I have one more 5K on my race calendar this summer, in two weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to beat this time. In five races I've never had a time slower than the one before.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Great job!!!!

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Congratulations! I'm impressed. Let us know how the next one goes.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.