Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
wwlynn

Back from Tahoe!!!

I really need to get to work, so this might be a post and run, BUT I just wanted to say I'm back!!!

Everything went well, I had a great ride. 100 miles of cycling, 6:22 minutes ride time, 15.8 mph average speed, over 5,000 feet of climbing. FABULOUS weather, FABULOUS teammates, LOTS of fun and LOTS of inspiration for the cause (curing blood cancers and improving the lives of those battling them)...

Only negative was that the day of travel (plane ride/lugging my heavy carry on) wreaked havoc with my lower back...yes, I can cycle over 2200 miles in 3 months, but SITTING and carrying luggage can totally do me in! I'm still having lower back pain...

BUT, don't want to focus on THAT!!!! It was a FANTASTIC overall experience. And the ride was a lot easier than last year, for me. I think my new bike is partly the reason but I'd like to think I'm in even better shape (at 50 :^)

I'll be popping back in and out, but do have a ton of work to catch up on!!

THANKS for all your support along the way buddies!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

06-09-2010%2007%3B27%3B37AM.JPG

My official Tahoe picture (don't know that guy next to me, it gets crowded on the switchbacks):bcb_smile

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Great job,Lynn! Welcome back!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)