Health Discovery Network
wwguy

When you have to how do you cheat..............on eating i mean

so how do you cheat on eating when you absolutely have to have an extra snack

Joined Feb2001@323.6

Life Time Achievement -Feb 2002 certificate signed by www Founder

When you cheat, you only cheat yourself.

Look for 0 point options-- veggies, sugar-free snacks.

Remember-- you won't die if you go to bed hungry!! :bcb_up

Kimberley

Further to Kimberly's response, I would have to ask - are you talking about hunger or cravings? If it's hunger (as in you hear your stomach growl) the zero point snacks are a good option. I myself like to have a shake of protein powder and 1 cup of skim milk. Yes, it's extra points but at least it's good for you.

If it's cravings, I would try to chase the thought away by either exercising, taking a bath, chewing gum, drinking water, or go outside and weed your garden. Keep your fingers and mind busy!

-----------------------------------------------------

Pat

1. Choose your objective
  2. Create a plan of attack
  3. Execute the plan

:bcb_salut

The great thing about WW is there really isn't any reason to "cheat" you've got ways to earn APs, you've got your weekly points.

Now might be a good time to review the BCB Philosophy

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Thanks Joanne!

-----------------------------------------------------

Pat

1. Choose your objective
  2. Create a plan of attack
  3. Execute the plan

:bcb_salut

"Cheating" is one of those negative emotion laden words that doesn't really help us in the end.

WW is all about choices. Making the best choices that you can. Learning from mistakes. Planning ahead.

You've gotten some EXCELLENT advice re: reading the BCB Philosophy, earning Activity Points, using your weekly Flex points. You could also make a BIG batch of 0 point soup to keep in the fridge or freezer for when you need volume. You can post some menus and get ideas from some of our gurus here to see if you're making wise food choices, sometimes if we fill up on 2 point snack pack foods, they won't keep us NEARLY as full and satisfied as if you eat some juicy-fiber filled fruit which are coming in season ... if you eat protein that may help you feel full longer than other foods may, etc. This is a GREAT place to come for helps in staying OP!!

Welcome aboard!

Barb

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thanks you all for providing me your personal solutions to the problem i'm sure most over eaters face.

I am constantly talking to my self all day about eating or not eating in between meals even though i am not hungry and for sure will no starve to death.

I don't know if you folks have to deal with a stop eating switch that is defective.

Also dealing with an eating monster in my head that is always warning me that the food i bought today will go rotten if i don't for example eat all those bananas or apples immediately.

At this moment I give up on this monster and am going to bed to deal with him tomorrow.

Joined Feb2001@323.6

I know exactly what you're talking about. So many of us here struggle with food compulsions. Speaking personally, the best thing that works for me is to make a PLAN and stick with it. I don't have a "full button" and I can't always rely on being responsible in the moment. But if I make up a plan that uses up my points (including any WPAs or APs I want that day) and includes all the good healthy guidelines, I know that I just have to follow it to get through the day. When I reach the end of the day, I will feel proud of myself and it will be a bit easier tomorrow. When I'm in a good groove, I don't have to plan and I can just "naturally" make sure I get through the day OP (even if it means stopping half-way through dinner because I'll run out of points) but it's important to have all the checks and balances in place because you never do know when you're going to need something external to keep you strong. We are our own worst saboteurs so it's important to allow the tools of the program to help us stay strong, especially when we're not necessarily feel strong ourselves!

Kimberley

I don't have a good answer for this. When I'm doing well, it's because I plan the night before - for me, planning the day in advance is key. Then for the day I have a list of what to eat. When I'm planning for the next day, I can look in the fridge and see what I have that needs to be used soon to keep things from going bad.

I plan 3 meals and 3 snacks a day so that I never have to go too long without eating. If my day is going to be really busy, I plan when and where too... like if I have meetings, I'll plan "snack in car on way to 10 AM meeting" and "lunch at home after 12:00 meeting". Then when I'm hungry during the day, as long as it's close to the next meal or snack time, I'll eat the next thing on the list.

For shopping it's so easy for me to over-shop, that I need a list for that as well and because I shop every 3-4 days or so I only ever buy fruit for 4 days. The only thing I'll let myself buy extras of is 0 point veggies, because if I end up eating a few extra of those, it's OK. I'm too new at this to let myself coast, if I stop planning I stop being OP in a very short time.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Terri, you make me boiling MAD.:bcb_bigsm:bcb_bigsm:bcb_bigsm

For a person who says she does not have a good answer WELL you sure hit it on the head for this old goof.

PLAN, PLAN, PLAN: That is exactly the key to success.

I am ashamed to say that i was a WW success story and reflecting back on my failure it was because i stopped planning and stopped tracking.

My problem this time around is that i know how to eat healthy ( if you stay with WW you eventually learn ) but don't know when to stop eating period. As a silly example, if i buy a dozen apples and bananas planned to last six days

they are gone sometimes the same day and sometimes last two days.

Oh well, has any one seen where's my tracker sheet ...

Thanks for your reply and interest in my question.

And now i have to go :bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

Joined Feb2001@323.6

I know that feeling -- that sensation that kicks in and says, "feed me, Seymour!". In the past I would hear and obey and feed the beast whatever it wanted to make it quiet again. Now I have some checks & balances on it. When it speaks up, I start asking questions.

Can you hold out another hour?

How about a half hour?

Can you satisfy it with something else?

Will a quarter of a serving do?

How about half?

Basically I use stall tactics and give it just enough to shut up. As others have said, planning is the key. If you know the beast speaks up every two hours, then plan to eat something every two hours. Forget the "three meals per day" idea. Outmoded concept. Try six smaller meals.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

I have a list of tasks that need to be done such as clean the mirrors, empty each trash can in the house, water the plants, sweep the porch. I have about 100 things on the list. I also have some for when I am at work.

If I want to eat and know I am not really hungry but just wanting to eat something-I allow myself to eat it only if I do one of the tasks on the list, sometimes 2 or 3 of them. I often find that I will forget about wanting to eat because my mind goes to the task at hand.

Also, I plan to only eat half of my weekly points allowance so that gives me a little leeway with the points.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Originally I wasn't going to reply to this thread because in another thread recently I admitted to "cheating" by a gram or two here and there. I justified that cheating by saying that I rarely ever eat all my AP's so I figure that more than compensated for it. But ya know what? I shouldn't be cheating at ALL. I'm gonna work on that.

From the standpoint of cheating as in using more points than the plan allows - I don't cheat. I can honestly say that since day 1 I have always been OP. Maybe not perfectly, since I don't always get all the GHGs in, but I do most of the time & I work to get them as much as possible.

The way I see it, the plan already has enough points (daily, weekly, APs) & flexibility built into it to satisfy any cravings I have. I can eat out occasionally, even splurge on something like a donut, and stay OP.

So for me the answer is I don't have to cheat! I can do it "legal". When you cheat, you're only hurting yourself, and I'm done with hurting me.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Good answer Dandy! That's what I basically try to do in a nutshell.

One of CW's pointers ("walk it off") that I LOVE! Basically, if I know I want something I shouldn't have, I make a deal with myself to enjoy it, but then put the hardwork (exercise wise) in to it to keep me on track!!