2 cups marinara sauce (low fat)

15 ounces ricotta cheese

2 egg white

1 tablespoon flour

1 package spinach (frozen) -- thawed and drained

18 each egg roll wrappers

2/3 cup parmesan cheese

1/8 tablespoon pepper

Coat a medium non stick skillet with non stick spray and warm over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

Preheat the oven to 375. Spread 1 Cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg whites, and flour. Mix well. Stir in the spinach and chicken.

Place an egg-roll wrapper on a work surface and spoon about 1/3 cup filling in a column down the center. Fold one side of the wrapper over the filling and continue rolling the wrapper to enclose. Place seam side down, in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrapper. Top with the remaining 1 cup sauce and sprinkle with parmesan.

Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes to 30 minutes or until bubbley and heated through.

According to book: 289 calories, 28 g protein, 31 g carbs, 7 g fat, 3 g fiber.

** I don't care for spinach, so I substituted chopped broccoli for the spinach and the results were wonderful. We love manicotti, but who like to stuff those shells? The egg roll wrappers were great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, Balie, my buddy - DH gives this his highest approval rating - "It's a KEEPER! Add it to the favorite meals list!" ;)

Of course I HAD to tweak a bit here and there - substituted a cup of TVP rehydrated in double strength chicken broth for the chopped chicken; and used myzithra cheese in place of the Parmesan (it has more flavor than most Parmesans do) - and used the part-skim ricotta. I did use the spinach though. The eggroll wrappers are GREAT with this!

Mine made 19 manicotti, I still called them 2 points each though!

Thanks, this one is really yummy. thumbup.gif

Char

Guest raidermom

Hmmm, this sounds interesting! Egg Roll wrappers!

Gotta try it! :D

Just wanted to say that this recipe is fantastic! My 11 year old daughter and husband (who are not on WW) absolutely loved it!

Thanks so much for posting it!

Kim :)

SW 171.5

Re-start weight: 159.5

CW 146

GW 135

"I am not only challenging myself, I am challenged by myself" -- Chef Mario Batali during the filming of an Iron Chef battle