Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Lfia525

SF Daily~Monday~June 21

Good Morning to all my long, lost buddies!

Wow! Sure is quiet around here!

We had a nice Father's day with lots of good SF foods :bcb_up. I love that summer has so many healthy, delicious choices! But then I used a kabillion points on a piece of blueberry crumb pie :bcb_down. Actually, it was really good and my points re-started yesterday, so I'll just have to watch myself and get some extra APs this week. That is the beauty of this wonderful program :bcb_smile.

Lots of running and planning for DD's shower next weekend, I'm exhusted! We spent the whole weekend weeding, planting, and cleaning the yard. We also power-washed the whole house......what a job! Now I just hope the weather holds so we can have the shower outside by the pool. We are expecting 43ish people.

I have work this morning so I have to run. Just wanted to check in and see what's going on. Miss you guys, see ya later!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi Linda and all who follow,

It is quiet! Seems like your daughter's wedding is coming up so fast, Linda! I hope you have great weather for the shower and you can have it outside. The long-range forecast for my area is good for the weekend. We'll see what actually happens. We have some new developments on the lost dog search. If they pan out, I'll let you all know. Right now we are on pins and needles.... again. I'm going to cook some wheatberries in the pressure cooker (I'm working from home today to be ready to respond at a moment's notice if there is positive news about the dog.) I am going to try a salad recipe that has wheatberries, cooked chicken, black and green olives, onion, and maybe feta and an OV dressing. We still have some of Saturday's roast chicken left that I can use.

Hope everyone has a good day. Please chime in and let us know what you're doing if you are reading this!!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Hi Linda and Sailor. I am finishing up my last days at work and I have plenty to do but keep loafing!!!

Sailor, I SOOOOO hope this new development pans out!!!!!!!!

Linda, I'm exhausted and I am NOT planning a wedding/shower etc. I was literally falling asleep in my office chair!!!! Not like me!

Nothing much new here....DS 1 was in Billings yesterday when the tornado hit but didn't even know it happened. I guess it is a typical very spread out western city. We spoke yesterday and it had already happened (though neither of us knew that). When I heard about it today I called him. He's heading to Yellowstone today for 8 days of work with Montana Conservation Corps.

Need to finish up work so I can enjoy my summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it great buds!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hey Buddies

Crazy busy here- we move into camp on Thursday,so we've been doing a lot of preparing, cleaning here, finishing up some projects, and trying to enjoy our mini vacation before camp starts. Not sure how much I am looking forward to it !

Lynn-just a thank you for your post which I managed to read last night before going to bed. What really struck me is that you have had to start again, in the past, and re-commit to get back to goal AND that was at 45 y/o-where I am now. Thankfully not too far gone, but definitely NOT where I want to be to maintain. My 4th WW anniversary will be on Sept 21-just three months away. What better gift could I give myself than really getting myself together and making SiFi work for me (as CORE did in the past). I think I must be nervous about maintenance, or about my own self mastery when it comes to that stage. You have inspired me, once again, but this time even more personally-if a buddy can get herself back on track at 45, then i can, too.

Sailor-best of luck with the dog

Linda- I hope the weather holds out for you- what an exciting time in your life-and that of your daughter, as well !!!

Gotta get the girls to gymnastics-

Later, Buds

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Thanks Bridget! It makes me happy to hear I inspire others. I'm just being me, not doing anything that seems all that impressive, so it's pretty surprising! I'm so fortunate to have found Core/SFT AND my buddies!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.