Health Discovery Network
sandycheeks

Anyone else read Women Food God??

I just started to read it ... I am wondering what others reviews are?? I don't usually go for books like this but I got sucked into giving it a try after Oprah did the show:bcb_blush... I didn't buy it... got it from the library... Any thoughts on the book??

:salutI can do this!

http://dontcallmechubby.blogspot.ca/

I read it (also borrowed it from the library). I found the author's style easy to read. In fact, I've read another of her earlier books. (Geenen Roth for anyone who doesn't know). Like most self-help/self-discovery books, I took a little away from it to apply and think about, and left the rest that didn't fit. I do agree with her premise that our relationship with food is a direct reflection of how we THINK about our relationship with our higher power.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

PS. I should mention that this book is also a memoir of sorts of the author's experiences with helping other folks to face their food issues. It's not solely a self-help style book which makes it immensely readable imho.

Cindy