Health Discovery Network
wwguy

Is this what they call being a salted to death ?

In order to help me control my obsessive compulsive overeating it was suggested to have a bowl of Campbell's vegetable broth soup at least twice or three times each day: lunch, super and as a snack. I am faithfully following the suggested serving size shown on the box.

When I checked the salt contents of a suggested serving it is noted on their package that it provides 20 per cent of my daily salt intake.

According to my mathematics i have consumed 60 per cent of my daily salt intake in three bowls.

Why is vegetable broth so high in salt, it's just vegetables ?

Where does that salt come from in that broth ?

Oh, silly me, they just open a box of salt and pour it in.

No wonder I have high blood pressure when the food industry such as Campbell's is literally killing me with salt.

Take a look here http://campbellsoup.ca/en/products/family.asp?fam=2&prod_id=218 because I may have made the wrong calculations since MR MAGOO here needs help seeing especially when he is starving.

What concerns me is that although it helps to control my hunger pangs and is bringing my weight down my blood pressure at the end of each day is high and not going down.

What say folks ?

Joined Feb2001@323.6

Life Time Achievement -Feb 2002 certificate signed by www Founder

Oh wow, that is low in salt ( does it have any taste ? just kidding ).

Now i'll have to hunt that one down in Canada. It seems so silly to me that so many products are not made available to the Canadian market.

Thanks again for the URL.

Joined Feb2001@323.6

you could try making your own soups and stocks. that's probably the best way to control sodium and other ingredients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started 5/17/10

Restarted 12/4/2010 (need to get real to get results...)

Starting: 288

Current: 263.5

Goal: 150

you could try making your own soups and stocks. that's probably the best way to control sodium and other ingredients.

Yes, excellent suggestion: I'll have to ask me leader at my next meeting to perhaps provide me with simple do it yourself recipe that does not involve purchasing a ton of those use once in a lifetime spices.

Any help here for this guy: and yep, I can boil water but nothing more fancy beyond that except making sandwiches: usually a triple decker ( love my bread :bcb_up ).

Joined Feb2001@323.6