Health Discovery Network
Lauralee

Veggie diet

Was just wondering if anyone can tell me the ease or difficulty of doing a vegetarian diet with weight watchers. Is it like doing core?

Thanks from a newbie!

Laura

Hi,

WW works great for veggies. I have been a vegetarian my whole life, and definitely learned how to do it even better with Flex, and SiFi. It depends what choices you make... you can eat a veggie diet that is not that SiFi: there are plenty of vegetarian foods that are not Filling Foods (nuts, seeds, regular cheese, sweets: to name the ones I miss the most!).

It is easy to do SiFi vegetarian, but Si Fi is not only vegetarian (plenty of meats on that list of filling foods).

Just like anything, you can make it work, but you have to do the work!

Cheers and good luck!

weight.png

weight.png

I agree with soya. WW gives a good framework for vegetarians to make sure that the emphasis is on making healthy choices. You can technically be a vegan eating potato chips and drinking pop all day long but that's not a healthy choice!

Core can work well as you still have access to tofu & beans for protein (skim milk & eggs if you're lacto-ovo). Other things like seitan and wheat-based meat alternatives aren't "free" in the Core system so you have to count points for them. Of course, nuts & seeds, etc aren't included there either.

Kimberley