Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped

Egg white, 4 egg whites

Egg Yolk, 2 large

Canola Oil, 1 tbsp

Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp

I had 2 whole eggs and 2 extra eggwhites

another question -

the oil you use for the pan- how do you calculate that into a recipe -

I have looked it up and it says one tbs is 14gm of fat - well did i really use that much ?

is that what i have to count into the recipe and when i try to figure out the points i mean i will have like 25gm of fat in this whole thing..

Please help me out .. and i'm just trying to figure out everything- so i will try to make it better next time- any suggestions are welcome

weight.png

Sw- 256.6 ( 7/12/10)

249.6 (7/26/10) :bcb_happy

251.5 * 8/6/10/

250.5 8/13/10

GW 190 ( for this year 2010 )

Final GW- ( 160 )

Okay, tough love here. YOU need to learn how to calculate the points for your foods yourself. :bcb_bigsm

What I would do is find the points for each of the ingredients. You can use your WWer materials, or if you don't have access to those, use a site like http://www.calorieking.com and calculate the points from the ni provided.

The only foods that are going to have points are:

Egg white, 4 egg whites

Egg Yolk, 2 large

Canola Oil, 1 tbsp

Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp

If I am using oil in a pan to cook something, and I know all of the oil has been absorbed, then yes, I will count the points for it. I also look at is as a way to get a serving of the healthy oil in.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I know how to " calculate " points - when i have all the facts :)

but it hit me when i saw that many grams of fat for that oil- and according to the ww we are supp. to get two of them .. now i'm confused - with this one spoon i have 25gm of fat ?!? and i'm supp. to have two a day ? that takes so many points away and i'm not a " fat " fan , i rather trade those for sugar :bcb_grin

So that's where my confusion is ..

I guess i will convert to the " pam- spray " when i make the eggs-

and for now according to my calculation this comes up to 10 points !?! Whoa.. and i thought i was " good " ?? bcb_sad

weight.png

Sw- 256.6 ( 7/12/10)

251.5 * 8/6/10/

250.5 8/13/10

Final GW- ( 160 )

Weight Watcher's material says to figure the points value per serving of a recipe, it's best to use the calories, fiber and fat per serving and then figure points. If the recipe doesn't offer that info, then figure the points value of each ingredient and divide by the number of servings.

I would count 1 tbls of canola oil as 2 points. My WW Complete Food Companion says a tsp is 1 point so to be safe, I'd add 2 points for a tbls. Eggs are 2 points each. Egg whites are 0 points for 1, and 1 point for 3 egg whites so again, I'd err on the side of over rather than under counting points. Parmesian cheese is 2 tbls is 1 point.

My best guess is, if you ate all of it, is that the recipe was 8 points. Not bad, and you got in veggies, and protein.

Suggestions for next time: I'd use a tsp of oil and substitute olive oil. Add the tbls of parmesian cheese (just because I like it and the points value is the same), and I'd add tomatoes! YUM! Really, this looks pretty good.

Cindy

I would count 1 tbls of canola oil as 2 points. My WW Complete Food Companion says a tsp is 1 point so to be safe, I'd add 2 points for a tbls.

Cindy, there are three teaspoons in a tablespoon, not two. And when I searched for one tablespoon of canola oil in the POINTS Tracker, it said it was 3.5 points.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

but it hit me when i saw that many grams of fat for that oil- and according to the ww we are supp. to get two of them .. now i'm confused - with this one spoon i have 25gm of fat ?!? and i'm supp. to have two a day ? that takes so many points away and i'm not a " fat " fan , i rather trade those for sugar

The requirement for healthy oil is two teaspoons per day, not two tablespoons. So, if you used one tablespoon in your recipe you would have gotten three servings of oil. Really, one teaspoon is just one point, so it only "costs" you two points to get in the two teaspoons required. And so much more beneficial than sugar. :bcb_wink3

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thank you for all the explanations, really appreciate all the help both of you offered.

It will take some time to get all this fine-tuned.. but i guess this is why i'm so big- " thinking " i know what i'm eating.. is not the same as " knowing "

i'm here to learn..

Thank you

weight.png

Sw- 256.6 ( 7/12/10)

251.5 * 8/6/10/

250.5 8/13/10

Final GW- ( 160 )