Health Discovery Network
debradawn

Tomato/Basil/Mozzarella Pasta Salad

I got this recipe from a WW e-mail. Just made it for an event this evening. Very yummy. I doubled the recipe for a crowd.

8 oz uncooked fusilli, or other spiral pasta

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste

2 tsp olive oil

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1 cup cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped

1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, smoked, diced

1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste

1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions without added salt or fat. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and oregano; toss to coat.

Fold in tomatoes, basil and mozzarella; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

6 serving, 5 points each.

The cheese is a nice touch but if just making it for myself, I think I will omit the cheese and recalculate the points.

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Guest irishskm

This sounds scrumptuous... I love pasta and this recipe will be made this weekend.. Thanks for sharing... Sharon

I make something very similar to this using my garden's fresh tomatoes and basil. I mix cut up tomatoes, leafed basil, a few cloves of minced garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. I then let the mixture "marinate" at room temperature for a couple of hours. When the pasta is ready, just mix everything together and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Summer heaven!!! :D

Anne

Wow, thanks for bumping this up. I was reading the recipe and thinking how good it sounds , then I realized I was the one who originally posted it. I had completely forgotten about it! :rolleyes:

Going to make it again soon!

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike: