Health Discovery Network
Guest ShaunAB

Cereal Options...

Guest ShaunAB

Hi there,

I recently signed up for WW Online so bear with me as I am quite new. Today will be my first day.

Anyways, I was trying to find out what low point value but somewhat filling cereal options might be out there?

There are so many choices out there so I figured I should ask in here for some input.

On a side note: This site was a great find! Really lots of information.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Hi Shaun, & welcome to BCB!

One of my favorite cereals is Kashi Honey Sunshine. It's only 1 pt per serving. It kinda reminds me of Captain Crunch. Oatmeal is also very filling although I tend to eat cold cereals most often.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Guest ShaunAB

Thanks Dandy,

I remember seeing Kashi Go Lean and another one by them called Puffed something, Puffed Wheat I suspect. The only reason I remember them it due to the odd name Kashi (or at least I find it amusing). I'll have to check if there are others around the grocery stores here and or Costco.

I'm also not a big fan of hot cereals, but maybe I should get use to Oatmeal too. Slowly, trying to get myself into actually eating breakfast in the morning. For a few years I've not been doing that and I know that is a big no no.

Again thanks for the info.

My cold cereal of choice is Raisin Bran - 55g = 3 points. Add milk for a 5 point, filling breakfast.

Of course, I love oatmeal too, mostly because it is so filling. If you are trying to get into it, maybe try the instant oatmeals which are sweetened and tastier. Although I have been making oatmeal in the microwave most mornings for the last week or so, one part quick-cooking oatmeal to two parts water, microwave 2 minutes, mix in 1 teaspoon sugar and some cinnamon and top with 2 cut up strawberries - it is fantastic and just as quick as cold cereal to make and eat.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Always eating breakfast has been one lifestyle changes WW got me to do. I usually eat cereal for breakfast - like others I hit the high fiber varieties: Kashi Go Lean; shredded wheat; oatmeal. Often I will add 1/4 c frozen blueberries - pop them into the microwave for about 30 seconds w/the cereal to help soften the frozen berries.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

I tried for YEARS to like oatmeal and just could not stand it. Then my WW leader said she liked it "think". That was the trick for me. I had always tried it when it was soupy.

I use 1/2 cup Quaker Oats Old Fashioned oatmeal, one pack Splenda, 1 tbsp of milled Flaxseed, a pinch of salt, cinnamon and 7 ounces of water. Microwave for 2 minutes and let it sit a minute or so to really get thick. Yummy. I eat it almost every day. Sometimes I do had some fruit or granola (love Kashi Go Lean).

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

I like Kashi Heart to Heart, very filling and 2 pts per cup. Total Honey Almond Crunch with flax is tasty and filling at 3 pts per cup.

Mary

40 year old mom to Abby and Lily, ages 5 and 2

CW 216 SW 245 (2004) LW 185 (2006)

I like Cheerios, Special K, Wheaties, or All-Bran :)

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png

I love Honey Bunches of Oats! It's delicious!!!

You have to take this journey 1 day at a time and look forward to small victories!! :jump_jack

-Sharisse-

SW 245.6/CW 235.6/GW 150

I tried for YEARS to like oatmeal and just could not stand it. Then my WW leader said she liked it "think". That was the trick for me. I had always tried it when it was soupy.

That was me, then I tried steel cut oats. I LOVE steel cut oats. I usually have it with some flaxseed in it, and blueberries.

I also love Kashi Go Lean, Shredded Wheat, and Grape Nuts.

I have learned to read the labels on healthy sounding cereals. Found aspartame in some of them.:bcb_huh:

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155