Health Discovery Network
alamoe

Quick and easy breakfasts for mom of 3 little ones

I just had my third and am trying to figure out some really good breakfasts that are fast, tasty and quick for me to make or prepare ahead of time due to the fact that I have 3 kids under 5. So I'm quite busy but want to get the baby weight off, safely. Any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows of some good quick lunches, that would be great too. Thanks for the support of this site.

BTDT-- only I had 3 kids under 5!! LOL :crazy:

I like to make a batch of steamed millet (1c millet to 2c water-- prepare like rice) and then make a hot cereal with soy milk & fruit (blueberries, bananas, etc).

I also make a baked banana oatmeal (many different recipes here if you check out the breakfast or simply filling recipe forums). Sometimes I crumble it up and eat it with soy milk like a "bread" pudding or else I might put some apple butter or nut butter on it.

Either one of those I will make up one day and then eat over and over again during the week. I make huge batches of baked oatmeal as the kids will eat it as a "snack cake" instead of processed foods like granola bars, etc. That way, there are no chemicals, etc and I can control how much sugar I put in.

You could also make any of the crustless quiche recipes here, cut into daily servings and heat up!

Kimberley

Are you looking for breakfast just for you or for kids too - cold cereal or oatmeal made in the microwave are quick and easy for one person. My sister made pancakes ahead to keep in the freezer for her 2 kids (3 years and 15 mos) - she also added pureed pumpkin or sweet potato to the pancake batter to help the kids get in their veggies. Toaster or microwave to thaw them out in the morning.

My dad used to do a breakfast rotation, five different breakfasts each done on a specific weekday. I think some of Kimberleys suggestions could easily be worked into that kind of system and saves you from having to think about it in the morning.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs