Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
littlescalepincher

VEGGIE PITA PIZZAS

VEGGIE PITA PIZZAS

Slice your pita bread in half so that you have 2 discs. Top each disc with 1/4 c. pizza

Sauce. Sprinkle garlic powder on top (optional). Add your choice of vegetables.

Used green onion, red and yellow bell pepper. Top with low fat mozzarella cheese.

Place in oven preheated to 350 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes (until cheese

Is melted). You may also add ground beef but you will need to use additional points

If you choose to do this.

1/2 pita pocket -1 point

Sauce -1 point (Healthy Choice sauce is 0 points)

Mozzarella Cheese -1 point

Vegetables -0 points.

Total of 3 points per pizza

Starting weight:<br /><br />Week 1# 11/6 /03 weighted 235.8 <br />Week 5# 12/2/03 231 <br />Week 6# 12/11/03 231<br />Week 7# 12/18/03 231<br />Week 8# 12/25/03 no meeting!<br />Week 9# 1/1/04 no meeting!<br />Week 10# <br /><br /><br /> A Fridge Picker Wears Big Sneakers !

I make these all the time....great quick lunch with a tossed salad.

I use mushrooms and artichoke hearts and sometimes the Boca sausage crumbles. Get lots of food for your points that way and keeps you filled all afternoon! :D

Keep your bottle of spaghetti sauce in the frig and you will be able to make these any old time. DH likes these too, very much.

Hugs,

Brenda

Ya-Ya name: Queen Life of the Party.<br />To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals. - Benjamin Franklin<br /><br />SW=255 October 13, 2003<br />242 October 26, 2003<br />236.7 November 15, 2003<br />224 March 24, 2004<br />219 May 2, 2004<br />GW=160

I've made pizza using the bottom of a giant portabella mushroom as the crust part. It was good. I filled the inside of the mushroom with sauteed vegetables. The only points to count was the cheese unless you wanted to bread the mushroom.

Debbie B.