Health Discovery Network
Jima53

Wii and do you use yours?

I am seriously thinking about buying the complete Wii and also want some of the games. I like to do my games on my pc built for that purpose but want to get my wife interested in more activity. We would enjoy the head to head competition but in a friendly fashion, we do have a lot of fun in card games. Did you buy one and then slowly stop using it. Are you satisfied with your console and continue using it. I'm very interested in what older people might say as we are both in our late 50's and need to come up with some low impact exercise besides the treadmill and stationary bike. Thanks for any opinions you might have on this subject.

Live simply, so that others may simply live.

april 2010 340

cw 273

gw 180

I don't have one but several friends, my sister and my neighbor all have one and I have played some of the games with them. Most of them used it alot at first but now use it rarely (at least the exercise games). They are alot of fun when you first get them, especially watching each other's moves. Then you learn that you don't really have to swing the tennis racket like you would in a real match but can just flip your wrist slightly. The same is true to some extent of all the exercise ones I have seen-there are ways to make it easier and then you get bored. I hope that makes sense.

Having said that, you and your wife can decide to always give it the maximum effort. It does get your heart rate up if you really get into the game.

Can you borrow one to try for a week or so?

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

I think this applies to anything new in life. First it's all new and adventurous, exciting. And with the time it starts to become " normal " and everyday thing.

At first we used it a lot and we loved it. I especially loved the fact that my 3 kids have been playing it and really sweating while at it- and having fun doing it.

I don't think you can " cheat " your way on hula hoop, boxing, step exercises- maybe golf/tennis- but i don't have that on the " wii fit " anyways.

Wii fit is great because you get great instructions on strength training and yoga- stability exercises etc. And you can set your own workout regime by putting several exercises together and than they go and play in the order you set them ..

I love it. Don't use it as much as i used in the beginning- but like i said - isn't that with everything that way ? I mean when you get your treadmill first you were on it every day maybe.. and now it's more just " collecting dust " - if you are serious about exercising you will not " toss " your treadmill just because you got bored of it- you know you need it. I have a big collection of dvd- workouts - billy blanks and Jillian Michaels and some others- a dvd gets me bored after few times- but if i don't use it for a few months it get's interesting again

I would recommend a Wii fit- it's a nice way to add some more activity in your life- at least some activity you don't " hate " :)

weight.png

Sw- 256.6 ( 7/12/10)

249.6 (7/26/10) :bcb_happy

251.5 * 8/6/10/

250.5 8/13/10

GW 190 ( for this year 2010 )

Final GW- ( 160 )

Guest WANNALOOZIT

We are in our 30's with two kids, ages 6 and 8, and we all used the Wii quite a bit after we got it at Christmas time. Santa brought me the Wii Fit, and I have never used it much, but not because I don't like it, just because I would never get my turn using the TV. There are good workouts on it and I would recommend it. I saw a game recently called Just Dance that looks to me like it would be a really good workout. You can do it alone or with someone else as a competition. I plan to buy it, my kids love it and I think I could get a good workout playing it.

I enjoy the yoga (I do 20 minutes every morning) and the balance games, and I think the aerobic and strength are a good compliment to walking/swimming/classes. Definitely recommended.

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png