Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

SiFi Weekly August 16-22

This is my LAST FULL WEEK off for the summer :(

I did the Lancaster Bike Club's Covered Bridge Metric Century yesterday. Had a caffeinated crystal light in the morning and was hyped up till evening! Even with drugs I had trouble sleeping! The ride went great. I am tired today though, I think from lack of sleep 63 miles isn't THAT long a ride for me...

Taught hydrofit already, started some laundry...no big plans today. Housework, maybe yard work. THE POOL IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!! Yep, on Aug 15, our pool was READY FOR SUMMER =D!! Now the weather will be slightly cooler :(

I need to take at least one of my bikes to the bike shop for some tweaking. Hope to do that this morning. Then maybe ride. WW meeting tonight to get ready for. The topic is FILLING FOODS!!! YAY!!!

Well, better get rolling. Make it great buds!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Morning gang!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Lynn: 63 miles is a looooong bike ride...good golly - you make my quads hurt just thinking about it!

We went on a 400 mile bike ride....on the MOTORcycle this weekend into Ellicottville, NY. Such a cute little town! Perfect weather riding out on Saturday...caught a little bit of rain on the way home Sunday, but you'll have that! Trying to figure out a way to stay on plan when we're riding. Obviously day trips I can bring stuff with, but when we stay somewhere overnight the bags are pretty full with clothes, etc. I did alright - used WPAs and my APs from the week, but did NOT get in all my healthy guidelines. Will have to come up with a better strategy with this!!

Meeting and weigh in tonight - looking forward to it!

Have a great Monday all

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

Morning buddies!

Lynn - enjoy the week!!! Congrats on finally finishing the pool!

Kelbel - hope all goes well at WI!

I have just bene offered a job! A friend of my neighbour has been looking for someone to do some basic book keeping, and was having a hard time finding someone she could trust. My neighbour suggested me, as I have some book keeping experience from when i had my budisness. Anyway, i went to meet her today & will be working about 5 hrs a week, on Fridays. I have French class Tues & Thurs so my weeks are filling up again! I start when the boys go back to school.

One of the tough things about living in Quebec is that I am not bilingual, and it's hard to find a job when you can't speak French - and the only thing I am trained to do is nursing, but in the UK. I don't want a full time job as I like being here for the boys after school, so my class & a few hours will be just fine. There may be more hours in the future as the company grows. It's a cosmetic company.

I now have to take Odie out for a walk in the rain. The boys are at canoe camp - but sadly not on the water this morning as we have rain & storm warnings.

Have a good day buddies!

Good Morning SiFi Buddies........

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday......but a bad Sunday.........turned into a lousy Monday. I was in a pretty foul mood, so I thought it best I just "stay away". Luckily my Monday finished off better than it started !!!!

Today, my plans are to get my hair done, get a long walk in......(the gym being closed for maintenance).......and then cook, cook, cook for the next 2 days !!!!

Becky.......congrats on the part time job !!! You must be thrilled. A chance for diversion, and a little pocket money to boot !!!! Hoping you and Odie have a good walk today !!!

KelBel.......Hoping WI was kind to you !!!

Lynn.......Yay !!! on the pool being done !!! Good to know you can get home from your long bike rides, to cool off in the pool :bcb_up !!! Sorry to hear about the sleep troubles. Hoping last night went a little better for you.

Well, I best get my butt in gear !!!

Karen :bcb_salut

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Morning! Weigh in was NOT so kind - I GAINED 2 lbs!!! Do not know why -- I'm thinking because I lost so much week one (8.2 lbs) that my body is still kind of adjusting?? Either way, moving forward and not going to stress over it too much...see what next week brings!

Becky: Congrats on the job! What kind of dog is Odie (cute name by the way!)? We have two puggles and they are my babies now that my actual babies are older!

Karen: Hope your Tuesday is better!

Lynn: Hope you got your ride in yesterday!

Talk to ya'll later! ~~ Kellie

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

Morning buddies!

Karen - happy to hear your Monday got better. Even if things are going well you should still stop by BCB...it's what we're here for, good times & bad.

KelBel - Odie is a springer spaniel. He came with his name when we adopted him in the spring. My avatar is piccie of him jumping into our pool. Now my boys want another cat to call Garfield - but we have 3 already! He's a lovely dog, but just like having a 3 yr old toddler around at times! Don't stress about WI, you should read 'why the scale lies' by CW, it's in 'the training manual'.

I have wlaked Odie this morning, hope to gte the boys out on their bikes this afternoon. They loved canoe camp yesterday & were excited to go again this morning.

I made fish taco's for dinner last night (I had 1 pt tortillas with mine) as I am trying to get some variety into our meals & get more fish into our diet. The kids & dh were all very sceptical, but actually enjoyed it once they tried it. I find we're in a bit of a rut, and I am trying to get out of it!!

Right, I need to hit the shower & hang out more laundry. I keep threatening to join a nudist colony!!

Have a great day,

Becky

Karen, sounds like it's a better day today!

Kelbel, DEFINITELY think the WI is just a rebound after the first week. You could NOT have lost 8+ lbs of body fat so that was largely water. Your body is just adjusting for sure! .5 to 2 lbs per week is a healthy rate of weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Becky, congrats on the job! Sounds like a nice situation. Working, but just a little!

Well, I did a 53.58 mile bike ride so that means I haven't been home much! I lead my other ww meeting tonight so I better get moving to get ANYTHING done in between!

Make it great buds!

Lynn

Good Wednesday Morning SiFi Buds.......

It's an cloudy, cool start to our day. (Only 64F) out there right now. We are assurred the sun will show it's face by the afternoon........but looking out there now.........I'm somewhat skeptical.

Taking it easy today. The most I may do is go out and get some more milk. Whether I continue into a long walk is doubtful. I may just walk and do the essentials and then come home. But then........you know what they say........."famous last words" !!! :bcb_LOL:

I was feeling exhausted yesterday, and even after a somewhat restful night's sleep.........I'm still tired. Who knows.........maybe it's the time of year ???

Kellie.......Yep, your body is probably making an adjustment after your first week's losses.

Lynn.........Holy geez.........54 miles ??? How do you do it ??? I couldn't even imagine how many AP's that would be !!!! Many congrats though !!!

Becky.........I often thought of doing a type of taco wrap, with shrimp. Haven't tried it yet........but the idea of using shrimp has crossed my mind.......many a time !!! Glad to hear the family although initially skeptical.........enjoyed the meal. Great going on the bike ride !!!

Little else is new........so I'm signing off for now.

Hey buddies

Had a good start to the day, got the downstairs floors washed before heading out for an hour with Odie.

My boys are having a great time at canoe / kayak camp. The instructors are letting them try all different types of watercraft - yesterday they went out in a dragon boat. They are so excited when I pick them up at every day, it makes it worth the money! DH & I are keen to expose them to many different types of activities, as a way of both broadening their minds & showing them that being fit & helathy can be FUN!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with one of my best friends & her 2 kids. She is divorced, and all her 8 yr old (9 today!) wanted was dinner with both his parents. His father didn't think it was a good idea. So, the boys & I are going with them. He is 'best buddies' with my 8 yr old, and is very excited that we're all going out together. My DH sin't coming, as I didn't want my 2 to ahve their dda there when the b'day boy didn't.

Anyway, need to hit the shower & run a couple of errands before I pick up the boys.

Make it count!

Hi buds!

Karen, I think I earned 13 APs yesterday riding 53 miles. Hope you feel less tired today!

Becky, how great that the boys are enjoying canoe/kayak camp! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Was supposed to be out riding today with my biking buddy but apparently he (once again) slept in! Apparently he is STILL asleep. This is really frustrating. I love riding with him and he's a great guy but this is a really weird thing about him--saying he'll be somewhere and then not showing. I reached his wife after waiting a while and found out he was asleep. Apparently she can't even wake him up. Anyway, a frustrating way to start the day. We had planned to do a big ride and I hope we might still so I am kind of doing other things and waiting to hear from him. Since I'd rather do the ride with him than without him but at some point I just want to ride!!!!

We were without internet access starting last evening until later this morning. WOW is THAT frustrating! And I am so clueless that I don't have any idea what to do to try to fix it. I finally called comcast and he had me bypass the router, which he determined was the problem. Glad to be "back".

At least I got some errands done this morning and dusted a bit with all this lack of internet and waiting for riding buddy...

Make it great buds!

Lynn

What the heck --- this is my third time posting to this thread today...why aren't they showing up?? This is just a test.

Okay - working now! Anyway, pretty much right after I posted yesterday about my gain at weigh in, along came TOM. So I was pretty happy about that! However, I didn't have any of my usual "lovely" symptoms beforehand - think that was from eating healthy?

Lynn: Thanks for your assurance with that - body changes indeed!! Hope your riding buddy got his rear out of bed! Very frustrating!

Becky: Thanks for directing me to "why the scale lies" - really good info in there. Ohhhhh, a springer spaniel. Yes, I get it. We had one for a SHORT time that we got as a rescue. Cute as a button but a toddler indeed. My husband finally said "its me or the dog" and as it was easier to place the dog :) He's now with a very good friend of mine and they just love him to death.

Karen: What'cha cooking?? Hope your energy has returned today! I'm going to do some cooking this weekend for next week - definitely making those COW pancakes and the summer muesli and not sure what else yet. PLAN PLAN PLAN!! One of my biggest obstacles!

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! ~~ Kellie

Karen: What'cha cooking?? Hope your energy has returned today! I'm going to do some cooking this weekend for next week - definitely making those COW pancakes and the summer muesli and not sure what else yet. PLAN PLAN PLAN!! One of my biggest obstacles!

Busy Day today. Just finished making my 10th and final recipe over this 2 day cooking marathon !!! I'm pooped !!!! No doubt I'll sleep very well tonight :bcb_wink3

Kellie........To be honest, I've almost lost track of what I made. Mmmm, let's see........Bean Salad, Core Crustless Quiche, Zero Point soup, COW Pancakes, Summer Muesli, Carmelized Onion Dip, White Bean Garlic Dip, Borscht and a new recipe from my local paper which I made. SiFi......"Spanish Lemonade". I'll see how it turns out tomorrow, as it needs 24h for the flavours to develop. Luckily I haven't had any problems posting.......and hope I don't !!!

Lynn.........That is soooo frustrating to be "stood up". I'm very punctual, and expect it in others. But to miss another training session.....:bcb_grrrr !!!! BTW, we are all glad here that your internet is back and running !!!

Becky........Hoping your dinner out, turns out well.

Well, I best get dinner started.

SO, I spent the whole day thinking my riding buddy would call at any moment and we'd go riding. I did get other things done, some cleaning, sewing and cooking. Eventually I took off my bike clothes put on my bathing suit and a pair of shorts and went out and did yard work. It had already started to rain...then I came back in and got back working on the internet problem. (I'd gotten the internet working by bypassing the router and needed to get the router back up). So I just spent a chunk of time with that and now it's basically TOO LATE to ride!!!!! SO NO RIDE TODAY AT ALL...ALL (mostly) THANKS to by riding partner/coach!!!! Okay, so maybe a day off isn't a bad thing, but it IS disappointing compared to what I THOUGHT we were going to do today!

At least I got other stuff done. PLUS I am PRETTY PLEASED that I actually got the whole internet thing resolved....it took three phone calls and a LOT of time and some serious frustration on THEIR end of the phone due to my basic ignorance! BUT it's ALL fixed now and I did it!

Lynn

Good Morning SiFi Buddies.........

No time to post right now, other than I'm still here and still OP, and better yet......still strongly on SiFi !!!

I'll try to get back to post, but it could be quite late in the day.

Me :bcb_salut

Hey guys, what a week! Have not had the time to check in from work at all, so I thought I'd better do a quick posting at home. I'm having a tough week with my time of the month; have used a lot more points for extra things this week. But my weight is down as the moon time progresses and I know its going to be OK.

I'm getting more used to SiFi and I feel good to be on it. It really feels like a plan I could follow for a long long time and be happy.

Thanks for being here.

Miriam

:bcbkickbu Mini-Goal

59627.png

Morning all! Hope everyone is well. BEEAAAUUUUTIFUL day here...wishing I didn't have to be at work! But you know what they say, you're either born rich or beautiful HA!! We rode out to Thompson Drag Raceway last night - great night for riding but we got home later than I would have liked. 5 am came early this morning but I got my butt up and went to the gym. Also, spoke with one of the trainers who is willing to train people on the side which is very cool...me and a friend are going to have a training session at the park next weekend. Really looking forward to that!

Lynn: Glad you got the computer issue straightened out!! Bummer about your riding partner...that would really tick me off.

Karen: Boy you did do some cooking huh?? I tried that white bean garlic dip and didn't care for it - do you make it as directed or do you add stuff? I added extra garlic but still seemed like it was missing something. I am going to try that carmelized onion dip - need veggie dipping stuff (besides FF dressing!).

Becky: Hope you're having a good morning!

Hi Miriam!!

Have a great day buds!! ~~ Kellie

Hi buddies!

Another busy day. I took coffee to my friend's photo studio this morning & had a nice chat with her, then ran errands. The boys came home at lunchtime, and after lunch a neighbour took them to the loxal pool with her son. I walked the dog, and have been 'purging' the kids old arts & crafts. I had so much stuff stored, but have decided to just keep a selection of their work & recycle the rest. I have also kept all the cards from when they were born & all their brithdays. They now have a big plastic bin each with their special crafts & cards in. I just have to hope they don't open the lid of the recycling bin....they would be sad to see their hard work going, but it's not as if they ever look at it.

I am on a mission to sort out our office / junk room & then re decorate it. It still has the paint & border (with brightly coloured bugs!) from when it was my 8 yr olds nursery.

Becky

I swear I posted on this thread and it's not here! Spent a lot of time on the bike today, partlly becasue I stopped mid ride to talk to my sister on the phone and then went to a bike shop along the way to tweak some things about my fit. Rode again tonight with the team. 88 miles.

Not much else to report. Had an email conversation with my riding buddy. I think that's resolved. Tomorrow I teach hydrofit, hope to get a ride in and then head to my parents to celebrate my dad's 85th birthday (which was Tuesday).

Becky, I think it is great that you are decluttering. It is a constant struggle here as I seem to be the only one who really wants to do it!

Kel, hope you enjoyed the beautiful day even though you had to work! Working with a trainer should be great!

Miri, YEP it is definitely a plan that can be done for LIFE!!! Keep at it and it will just get better and better!

Lynn

Heading to my parents today to celebrate my dad's birthday (he was 85 on Tuesday). I am baking a cake. It is a rather decadent chocolate cake. I figure it's good to make a GOOD cake from time to time. I meant to cut the recipe in half and was doing well at remembering I was doing that till I got to the buttermilk, OOPS, put the regular amount in and had to go back and double the whole thing! Now we'll have too big a cake. I think I'll take the leftovers to the team training ride tomorrow. I hate to leave unhealthy food with my parents and if it is here I'm the one who will end up eating it!

Taught hydrofit this morning. I am dressed to go for a relatively short ride before heading up to my parents' house.

Make it a great one buds! It's a BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUTIFUL day here!

Lynn

Good morning!! Not much on my agenda today - work and then we have to go back to Ellicottville this weekend and do a side job. So we'll be there again this weekend. Kinda messes up my plan cuz I wanted to do some cooking for the week this weekend but I keep remembering my leader saying "Be Flexible". So I'm going to try and make a few things Monday night after work.

Lynn: The same thing has been happening to me when I post - it just disappears???? A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad!! Enjoy the cake and the time with him today.

Hope everyone else has a great Friday and a good weekend...talk to you guys on Monday

Hugs ~~ Kellie

Morning buddies!

Lynn - good plan to share the cake with your team members!! Have a good time with your parents.

Kellie - good mindset to be flexible - life with always get in your way otherwise!

Odie & I have been for our long walk this morning, and then I ran some errands. This afternoon both boys are having friends to play & here for supper. I will probably hang out in the kitchen & stock up on core granola & maybe a crustless quiche (I don't like the cornmeal crust). I have run out of SF syrup so I am going to have to improvise!! I am thinking water, vanialla essence & some splenda should do the trick. I will probably also end up making a baked treat for the kids, their buddies always love 'from scratch' baking & these days it seems like not many folks do it. Any leftovers can go in the freezer for their lunches when they go back to school.

Have a great day folks - make it count!

Hi there buddies!

OMGoodness! I hope you remember me! :bcb_wink3 I have been reading quickly, but haven't posted in forever! bcb_sad

So, life has been super crazy for the last month or two. I have almost completely fallen off the SF band-wagon :bcb_cry:. Not so much eating "junk", more like not eating much at all. I plan to go back hard core mid-September. Let me tell you what has been up. You probably remember my DD is getting married.... 3 WEEKS from today! Every time I think I have it all under control something else pops up :bcb_huh:. And, I got a big promotion at work. I went from "butt-wiper" (:bcb_grin) to Assist. to the executive director and I'm now fulltime. Lots to learn but I really like it. Then DD#1 is getting married June 10th, so as soon as this one's over, I'm right back at it! Add in Christmas, and well,:crazy:!!!!

Hope all is well with my bestest buddies. I'll be back in a few weeks and be more determined than ever, so I'll need my friends for support. Stay well buds. :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Linda!!! So great to hear from you!!! I've been thinking about you. Congrats on your job, keep hanging on in there!!

I had a ride in DH's 1973 MGB today, it's first time on the road. The kids also got a ride, we all had to go one at a time as it's only a 2 seater. Hoepfully he will get it through the road worthiness test so he can use it.

We are waiting for friends to come for dinner, BBQ burgers (veggie ones for me, no bun). They are always late though!! Poor DH will be BBQing in the rain though.

Have a great evening buddies!

Wow, how great to see you Linda!!!!! I've been wondering, but also KNOWING you were just crazy busy! CONGRATS on the promotion!!!! WOW, your fantastic work has TOTALLY paid off. NOT that that is why you have been SO great at what you do. What a neat thing!!!! Good luck with the final stages of the wedding. We'll be here waiting when you "get back".

Becky, how fun to ride in the MGB, even if it IS one at a time!

We had fun yesterday celebrating my dad's 85th birthday, then this morning DH and I both rode with my TnT Teammates--42+ miles. Then this evening I was trimming hedges (high, huge hedges that I have to reach up to trim and climb in etc.) and I CUT MY LEFT INDEX FINGER with the hedge trimmer. Halfway down the nail from the tip down. Looks worse than it is. Trip to the ER, tetanus shot, xray to make sure bone wasn't cut (it wasn't) and two stitches...3 hours (lots of sitting and waiting). I usually cut the CORD, which would be better than this! I'm fine though.

Well buds, I might head to bed soon! See you all tomorrow!

Lynn