Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
RGC

PUMPKIN COOKIES-1 point for 5 cookies!

PUMPKIN COOKIES

1 box Spice or Carrot cake mix-store brand is fine

1 1/4 cups Canned Pumpkin

Using pastry cutter, blend dry cake mix and the pumpkin, it will be quite thick.

Drop by teaspoon on sprayed cookie sheet. bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. I sometimes bake them longer so the cookies are more firm. Place on rack until cool. I store them in the refrigerator.

1 point for five cookies. Entire recipe should make 72 cookies.

(Received this at a WW meeting.)

Ruth<br />"Yesterday's touchdown doesn't count in today's game." Author unknown

Can someone explain how the points were calculated in these pumpkin cookies? I figured that the pumpkin was zero, and using a spice cake mix and based on servings/box, that made for about 48pts for whole box. my recipe made 65 cookies, which equals about .7pt for each cookie. where are they getting 1pt/5 cookies? help, these are delicious, i just want to know if i can "indulge"!! smile.gif

I haven't made these yet but I would say to always trust your own calculations if in doubt!!

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Hi Msamy20,

You would add all the ingredients together and figure the pt. value. I think the fiber in the pumpkin would bring down the pts. I don't have them in front of me but that's probably the reason. I hope this helps. :D

Kathy

Over goal and not happy