Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

SiFi Weekly......September 20-26

Good Monday morning buddies!

I'm still trying to recover from the last few months of change, planning, and lots of other stuff! :bcb_huh:. I'm sorry to say I gained 6 lbs since early summer. Probably would have been more if not for all the wonderful summer produce! Anyway, I'm back "on the wagon" and actually excited to start the journey once again! :bcb_up Meals are planned, I have a new journal, pulled out my Beck workbook, now I just have to get a workout plan in place. Tonight I will do some weight training after a quick walk while dinner is cooking. How do you guys do it? :bcb_huh: I do still have kids at home and make dinner every night. By the time I get everything done after work, it's almost time for bed! I have to shower between 7:30 and 8 because my hair takes so long to dry. I just have to put on my thinking cap and figure this out!

DD and her husband(!) got home last night from their honeymoon. Can't wait to hear all about it! I spent most of yesterday setting up their bed and kitchen so it was ready when they got home and they could just collapse in bed if they wanted to. DD is like me and probably stayed up half the night unpacking all their stuff! The house they are renting was being painted and the kitchen was redone, so they couldn't move in before the wedding. I also put some things in the fridge so they could have some breakfast before staring their day today.

Well, I have to pack my lunch for work. Hope you all have a great day and week. Later buddies!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good Morning SiFi Buddies........

Sorry I've been AWOL over the past while. Headed back to work, and once back to work.....the sore throat I'd been battling all week finally decided to explode into a nasty head cold over the weekend. Feeling pretty lousy all round, but although still symptomatic.......the aches, pains and general feeling of being "cold" all the time have abated. Definitely on the mend here. Just hoping there is a quick resolution to my remaining symptoms.

Haven't yet reported in, but I was down 2.4 lbs yesterday at WI. Not really celebrating here, as I don't know if it's a "true" reading or not. Mainly because I was not eating well, on account of feeling lousy. I'll wait and see where "the dust settles" at my next WI.

Linda.......Great to see you back and posting again. Missed seeing you around the site, as well as all your "great bumps" in the SiFi recipe forum. Now the season is changing, it's time to rediscover some old recipe favourites !!! Sounds like you've had a great deal of excitement in your life with your DD's wedding, but not to worry about the 6 lbs. You sound as if you're locked, loaded and ready for action :kickbutt:. Those 6 lbs will be history soon enough !!! BTW, thanks for starting us off this week :salut.

Becky.......Hoping you and Odie are doing great !!!

Lynn........I lurked and read about your long bike ride.......well done !!!

Julie Ann.....:salut Are you still keeping up the exercise DVD front ??? :kickbutt:

Not much else to say, so I'll sign off for now.

K :bcb_salut

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Morning buddies!

Linda - you're such a great mom, making the newlyweds home ready for them. Stick to you plan & you'll succeed!

Karen - it sucks to be sick on the weekend!

We had a good weekend. We took the kids on a canal boat tour on Saturday, and learnt some history about Montreal. The boys loved going through the lock. We then went to see some Tall Ships at the Old Port, it was CRAZY there!! So many people!! The weather was glorious and it seems like lots of folks were keen to make the most of it. Yesterday I took the boys to see the RCMP Musical Ride - a fabulous experience.

I got some great bargains at the grocery store yesterday - they had ground turkey for $4.39 / kg (it's usually $11) so I came home with 8 packs! I use ground turkey / chicken for chilli, spag bol, shepherds pie etc, as I don't eat beef.

This morning I am cleaning windows, inside & out. Time to get these types of chores done while the sun is shining - before winter hits. I made the mistake once of trying to clean finger marks off the front door glass in winter - the Windex froze!!

I have already walked Odie, so he is napping in the sunshine.

Right - back to my chores!! Still have the upstairs windows to do, and the downstairs floors are seriously in need of some TLC from the mop.

Have a fab day!

Hi buds! Nice to see more people posting here!

Linda, you ARE such a great mom! How nice of you to have their place all ready for them, and breakfast too! I am sure you will settle into your new routines and that those six pounds will be gone in a flash!

Karen, sorry to hear you've been sick but glad you are on the mend!

Becky, sounds like such a GREAT weekend!! Have fun cleaning, boy does my house need it!

It is a beautiful day here, cool and windy, but very sunny! I took Friday off for my 125 mile ride and spent much of Saturday riding also. I took the day off yesterday and did some cooking but need to get some type of grab and go breakfast food made soon!

This weekend DH and I head to Hampton Beach, New Hampshire for the TriState Seacoast Century! I believe the other family that was going to go with us (my riding partner and his wife and daughter) are NOT going. I learned this via FACEBOOK! =( Anyway, I am hoping for good weather and a great time! It will be DH's second century and hopefully this one will go better. The last one was on Labor Day and was sort of spur of the moment on his part and he wasn't really ready.

Linda, this is the one where we are very near your sister's house up by Nubble Lighthouse! Any chance you'd be there???

Sailor, if you are lurking, any chance of meeting??? I know you aren't very close by, but I thought I'd check!

I am rather exhausted. Obviously lots of exercise this weekend and not enough sleep!

Well, better get back to work!

Make it great, buds!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Good Morning Buddies!

Not much to report today, just work, grocery store after, and I hope to get to bed on the early side tonight. Saw DD yesterday, she's going 100 mph trying to get everything done in her new house! I told her to just calm down, it will all get done. DH said, that's what you look like everyday! :bcb_worry He's probably right! :bcb_huh: I have Friday off ( I work Sunday) so I can go over and help her and we can do some shopping with all her gift cards. That will be fun!

I got a short 20 min. walk in and did some weights last night. Not as much of a workout as I'd like, but better than nothing. Fish, a mix of bulgar, brown rice and wild rice ( that's the only way my gang eats bulgar) and a big salad for dinner. So, if I can get in some exercise, it will be a great day!:bcb_up

Hope you all have a great day as well, I'll check in tonight! See ya later buds!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Morning all!

Line dancing class started again last night after the summer break - it was good to go back. This session is a 2 hour class, it's a good workout, especially the 2nd hour for those of us who have danced before.

DH & I are on the hunt for a replacement car when my lease ends, we were thinking of buying it & then I discovered the volvo XC90 & really want one! Hopefully we will find a 7 seat (useful when the folks come to visit!) at a good price in time. I am bit fussy about colour which narrows the choices a little, but DH has said that it needs to be a car we're going to love for a long time so it may as well be a colour a like! We drove one yesterday & I love the safety features & comfort. Fingers crossed!!

I weighed today, down 1.5 lbs. DH had lost 5.5lbs in 4 weeks & is feeling good about it. He's doing a 'modified core' - seems to be working for him.

Tonight is fencing class, the boys had a blast at their 1st class last Friday. Their smiles were huge when they took off their face guards. We had a proud moment when the instructor was checking what language the kids spoke, all the other kids said French or English - my 11 yr old said 'we speak both'. To us that is a huge achievement, and they work very hard to be bilingual.

Tomorrow I am taking Odie to teh next province, about an hour away, to get his teeth cleaned. It's $300+ cheaper!! I will have to hang around for a few hours, but it's worth it for that amount of money. I am about to go & try to programme the GPS so i know where I'm going.

Have a great day buddies!

Wow, nice car Becky! Good luck with your shopping!! Also hope all goes well with Odie's teeth cleaning tomorrow!

Linda, I am SURE your daughter is JUST LIKE YOU!!!! How great is that! Hope you are settling into your new job and managing everything else in your busy life!

Hi Karen!

Hi to all other buddies who may be lurking, feel free to jump in!

I am having trouble getting back in the groove at work. Let's face it, I was having trouble LAST year too! WOW, I am good at getting distracted and doing other things...beautiful day here...taught hydrofit this morning and have WW tonight. Getting ready to head to NH later in the week for a century ride with DH! Not sure if my riding partner is also still doing it, haven't heard from him for a few days. It's a little awkward managing relationship with my (male) riding partner and with my husband (who is also now riding)....a little awkward for all of us. Well I better get back to work, buds!

Make it great!

Lynn

Good Afternoon SiFi Buddies :salut

Hopefully I'm back in the groove of things by tomorrrow. Still feeling really tired today, so I never made it to the gym this morning. I did get out to do errands in the morning, and then go for a 65 minute walk this afternoon. I'm amazed at how whacked I still feel. No chance to get back on the Elliptical until the Friday morning at the earliest. Geez, just hope I don't have to start back to "square one" when I do. It will be 10 days since my last Elliptical workout !!!

Becky.......If you've got to love this car for awhile......you better indulge yourself !!! Congrats on being down another 1.5 lbs. I'm with you.....I'd drive an hour, and waste some time.......if it means savings $$$$$ !!!! Take a good book with you, and find a Starbucks somewhere !!!!:bcb_up

Lynn.....It's a gorgeous day here as well, however it will be short-lived. Rain is on the way for tonight, and all day tomorrow. What a fitting welcome for the first day of autumn. (Even if it doesn't arrive til late tomorrow night). I did manage to get out for a lovely walk, to celebrate this last FULL DAY of summer 2010 !!!! NH sounds a long way away for the ride. How long a trip do you have ahead of you? Both driving there, and then the bike ride ????

Linda........Sounds like you have a nice Friday to look forward to. Shopping is always fun :bcb_grin !!!

Not much else is new, so I'll sign off for now.

Me :bcb_salut

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Karen, it IS a long way to NH. 7:39 to be exact! I think we'll head to my parents house in the Northeastern PA on Thursday and then go up during the day Friday (I am going to take a sick day Friday)...then we'll ride on Saturday and come home on Sunday. Last year it was the TnT ride and we went up on a BUS, a very NICE bus, on Thursday and came back Sunday. It is a lot easier to just be a passenger in a bus. Hope it isn't too exhausting just getting there!

Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard!

Lynn

Hi there buds!

Up and ready to roll today. I went to bed at 9:30 and was asleep by 10ish, boy, I needed some extra sleep! I hope to have time to browse the recipe files tonight and find some "new" ideas for dinners. It's always fun to go waaaaay back and see what you can find :bcb_bigsm.

Lynn~ I wish I could be in ME to meet up with you! Good luck on your ride, hope the weather is just right!

Karen~ Hope you're feeling better! Go slowly with the exercise and you will be back at full speed soon. :bcb_up

Becky~ Line Dancing sounds FUN!!! Good luck with the puppy dentist, hope you find something fun to do while you wait!

To all my other buddies~ Make it a great day!!! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi buds! I got a pretty good night's sleep last night! Possibly 8 hours!!!! My back started bothering me yesterday, not sure why. Might have been switching back to Dansko clogs after not wearing them all summer. Weird things like that can get me. It didn't hurt after the ride...also I might have tweaked it in hydrofit. I have started wearing a "belt" (finally convinced that it does NOT make for an easier workout) and it might have been that too. Whatever it is, I better get over it QUICK!!!! Big ride on Saturday (again).

Linda, sorry you can't meet me in ME! Silly thing is that we only live an hour and a half apart and can't manage to meet up closer to home!!! Hope you continue to adjust to your new and even busier schedule! Let us know what great "old" recipes you dig up!

Got a quick 15 mile ride in this morning and hope to ride this evening with the team. Not enough daylight for "decent" rides during the week these days!!! (pre and post work)

Becky, hope all goes well with Odie's teeth cleaning today!

Karen, hope you are feeling better and better!

Well, I ought to be working! Make it great buds!

Lynn

Hey buddies

Hope you're all having a great day!

Odie & I are home from our trip to Ontario for teeth cleaning - it was about an hour to drive each way, with a 3 hour wait for him - but so worth it to save $300!! I filled the time reading & shopping. If the weather was nicer I had hoped to walk by the lake, but it was pouring down. Odie slept all the way home & is still a bit wobbly. I took lots of fruit with me so i didn't get tempted to eat non-SiFi foods while waiting - now I need to find some lunch.

Linda - I'll be checking out the recipe forum to see what you 'bump'!

Lynn - hope your back feels better. I suffer from back issues & I never know what has triggered the pain - it can be small things that leave me in agony.

Karen - how are you doing?

Have a good Wednesday buddies!

Becky

Glad the teeth cleaning went well, Becky! Our vet recommended it for our 9 year old dog, but it sure is expensive!! Would you mind telling me what it cost? (I might drive to Ontario too ;-)

Lynn

Lynn - I paid $209 CDN incl taxes. I think that is good for up to a 50lb dog. Extractions would be extra. If you want the details of the vet I am happy to share!! This isn't a standard Ontario rate - but this rural practice has great rates. Apparently in Ottawa it's $900 to clean a cats teeth! This vet gets a lot of clients who drive an hour or so for this procedure.

I wish I was sleeping but I keep coughing. I have been on the verge of a cough & cold for over a week - and at night cough quite a lot. I had whooping cough as a child & seem to catch every cough going!!

DH & I bought a car this evening! It's in new Hampshire, we'll be heading down in 10 days to collect it. Even with buying it from a Volvo dealer we are saving a good $5K buying in the US - and the dealer often sells for export to Canada so will get the paperwork sorted for us. I can't wait to pick it up, it's a red XC90 with 7 seats, built in DVD / Entertainment system - lots of 'whistles & bells'. It feels a bit odd to have bought a car without actually seeing it though!!

I am going to finish off my honey & lemon & head back to bed, hope it stops the coughing!

Becky

Hi buddies!

Last day of the work-week for me :bcb_up. I have tomorrow and Saturday off, then I work the desk on Sunday. I went to bed feeling totally stuffed! I bought some black seedless grapes and they were so good I couldn't stop eating them! Each one I kept saying, just one more :bcb_huh:. Well, at least it wasn't chips or cookies!

Found a few new recipes to try, hope to find some more tonight before I make up my weekly menu. I get so tried of the same old meals, even when they are things I like/love. It's fun to try some new things, and you never know when you'll find a new favorite!! :bcb_smile

Lynn~ Glad you're sleeping better, I have been too. :bcb_bigsm I'll be thinking of you this weekend for the big ride!

Becky~ Feel better soon! Too bad you will not be in NH when Lynn is riding through! Glad the pup is better and you found a car!

I'll talk to you all later. Have a good day buddies!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi buds!

Linda, hope your last work day for the week goes well! Let us know if you find some great new recipe!

Becky, thanks for the info but Ontario would be a LLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG drive for me! Your new car sounds fantastic! Hope you feel better soon!

My back is feeling a bit better today. I did my PT routine last night and have a call into the PT. We leave tonight though for our trip to NH for my bike ride on Saturday. I think it will be fine (my back), not nearly as bad as it was when I did Tahoe in June!

Well I better get back to work!!

Make it great buddies!:salut

Lynn