Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

10 Pounds Below WW Goal!

Hi Buddies!

Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still eating a high-nutrient plant-based diet (veggies/fruits/beans/grains/and some nuts/seeds). Very: Simply Filling Vegan Maintenance is how I'd term it: :bcb_bigsm

I'm feeling great! DH had his A1C numbers checked and they went from 8.2 in January (needed insulin) to 6.3 in August--"normal"! :bcb_grin That's what we were hoping for.

He has a few small oral meds that he's cut in half and is ready to cut in half again. He's almost off all medication for diabetes. And his BMI is 22.1.

I'm doing Beck Solution again. Can't do that often enough...I learn something each time.

I'm loving the way I'm feeling (and looking). I am aiming to go even lower...

I'll come back and check in with my old buddies again in the future and let you know how things go ~ :buddysmoo

If you say "hi", fill me in on The Latest in your life. Cliff Notes. :bcb_up I haven't had time to keep up. Mom broke her hip and she's in a nursing home; that has taken up so much time, along with other things.

Bye, Buddies! :wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Carol

Wow - sounds like you have found a healthy lifestyle that suits DH & yourself perfectly. Way to go!

Nothing exciting happening in my world these days - but do check out my avatar of Odie in his raincoat. He's such a lovely dog, I am so thankful we were able to become his forever family.

Take care!

Hi Carol!!! So nice to hear from you and to hear you and DH are doing SOOOOO well!!!! I'm heading out the door to visit DS at Pitt for the weekend. Let's see, my life is all about cycling cycling cycling!!! And occasionally I go to work and lead a ww meeting :) How is THAT for Cliff Notes!!!!! Sorry to hear about your mom!

Love ya, buddy! Don't be a stranger!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Carol! :crazy:

It is great to hear from you! And that Sci Fi Vegan Maintenance is working so well for both you and your Honey. (I am sorry to hear about your mother's broke hip bcb_sad)

Lynn's life is all about cycling and mine is all about sewing, sewing, sewing! (Oh yeah, and I still work with newbie professors, too.)

I was thinking about starting Beck again. I never made it past the first few days.

Hugs to you :buddysmoo

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Hi Becky! (Love Odie in his cute coat...:bcb_bigsm)

Hi Lynn! That's great that you're still enjoying cycling. :bcb_happy Still a WW leader, too? (I'm guessing yes.)

And hi Dr. J! So you're getting to experience both your loves. :kiss:

I'm so glad I pulled out Beck again. I have my notes from the first time. Can you BELIEVE that the first time I did Day 5: Slow Down And Be Mindful that I only did breakfast and not lunch and dinner the way I was supposed to?! :bcb_huh: Resistance, right from the beginning. (shocked to see that)

This time I'm ALL-IN. :bcb_bigsm I really intend to learn what I decided not to learn before.

I'll be back! With good news to tell, I hope ~ :wave:

yep, still leading three ww meetings per week, though I haven't done my Saturday meeting for a long time due to training rides and other Saturday commitments, started leading a Tues night meeting back in March! Also still working as a school psych too!

Lynn

That's great, Lynn...I'll see you all in awhile. I won't forget to check in! :D

Carol, you are doing so great!

I wasn't sure my log in worked here anymore, but it does.

Been very hard for me in the past few weeks. Mom passed on Sept 17 and my dog passed on Sept 19. It has been so hard.

I was just thinking that I need to get back on the saddle and start taking care of myself again.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Hi Donna! So nice to see you! So sorry for your losses, buddy...and, YES, sounds like time to starting taking care of YOU again!!

Lynn

Carol, don't know if you'll see this soon, but there is a woman on the WW FF board, "Ontheroadtofindout" (Patty) who is celebrating one year of eating vegan today. She is about your age and lives in the Pacific Northwest (WA I think?)....anyway, I don't know if you ever lurk there, I know you've been there occasionally...just thought I'd mention her to you. Heck, who knows? Maybe you're NEIGHBORS =)!! (I DO know you are NOT the same person! =)

Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! I haven't taken a look there in the longest time...:D

Carol, that's great news - congratulations!

I happened to be lurking here and stumbled across this thread. I haven't been here much as I'm crazy-busy as usual (soccer, church, work, plus this year we are Virtual Schooling DD...I have her twice each week, she goes to church with DH the other days...she is doing GREAT in school now...and that's a whole separate thread).

My eating is fine but as usual it's the exercise that is a challenge. Thank goodness for Core/Simply Filling or I would not have been able to maintain this long.

Great to see some of my Buddies again, but what is up with banning Lynn?

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

That is a good question Veronica about Lynn. I pmed CW and didnt get a reply. She was so full of great information and always a help to newbies. I won't be here if she isn't most likely. I have been checking last 2 days just to see if there is an update on her status.

Great news about your DD doing great virtual schooling!

Carol, great news about being under goal!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hi V and Sue! Now I'm 11.2 under goal...aiming for about 18 under, just to see how I feel healthwise. Looking for optimal health. :D

I have no clue about the Lynn question.

I'm sure CW will answer when he can, Sue. :)

Guest sodacracker

wtg Carol! :bcb_up

I am super impressed with your committment. :bcb_bravo

Thanks, Soda!...This seems to be working for me.

Eating plants; lotsa' leaves; not too much. :salut:bcb_smile