Health Discovery Network
crescentbeachzoo

Why Post?

There has been some discussion in the forum lately about the number of people who view/visit vs. the number of people who post. So, why post? Let's face it, most people come to this web site for ideas and for inspiration... a little boost to help them along their weight loss journey. We come here because we are looking for something to help us. What we often forget is that when we take the time to post, we are helping others along their journey. When others read about our challenges and about our victories, it gives them the courage to move another day closer to their own victory. What people often fail to realize is that when they help others (i.e. by taking the time to post), they are helping themselves. That is why in any 12-step program (like AA), the last step is to help others.

So by deciding to post, you are deciding to help others along their way... and the side benefit is that you are helping yourself move towards your own goals. Besides, it always feels good when you know that you have done something outside yourself.:salut These forums help to develop community, and that truly is something that we need in our lives, but a community is only healthy if its members participate and reach out to others.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

So true Linda!!

I remind myself when I get discouraged to see how few people post that there are still many people out there reading. Maybe they didn't take the time to respond but they did take the time to read!!

Kimberley

I have just come back to this board and love the new software (which is probably no longer new, but new to me!). I go to WW meetings, but do love to get ideas and information. My leader has been telling us about the roll-out of the brand new program at the end of the month, so I figure I better get connected as much as possible! BCB is a wonderful board!

Well stated. I do frequent, and post on a couple of the other boards on a regular basis, but I'm trying to remember to come to this board and post as well. I remember how much support I got here when I joined in 2001. It really is what kept me on track. Every time I was tempted to waiver I knew my buddies here would :kickbutt:. I was kind of scared. :bcb_wink3

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02