Health Discovery Network
LillieG

Article on Britain's New WW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html

Sounds like Protein and Carbs are now a part of the points formula - I wondering if this will be coming to America. But can you believe they are just now getting their Weekly Allowance of points? How could you ever do this program without a Weekly Allowance?

Hmmm, sounds very interesting. We'll have to see what comes next with WW!!

~Amy~

Quit Smoking: 10/1/12 ~ For the last time!!

I know that I would not survive without those extra points.

:bcbkickbuTwDiva:bcbkickbu

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"

I couldn't survive without those extra points either.

I can't wait to get the info on the US version of this new program! I am so excited.

Off the topic....but can someone tell me what is...

bacon, rasher streaky?

beer, bitter?

biscuit, 1 chocolate digestive?

They are on the food list in that article and I never heard of these.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Can speak to all of them but "biscuit, 1 chocolate digestive" is an oat cookie dipped in chocolate. Really good in a bad way.

Bitter is a kind of beer. A Rasher is a piece of bacon, it is usually thicker than what you get in the States.

I like the idea of wine being a fruit and cashews 0 points, both my downfalls.

“We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace.”

Peggy Tabor Millin

I moved from Canada (same program as USA) to Australia (same program as the UK) in July. My points went from 33/day to 25/day. My weekly points went from 35/week to "what's a weekly points allowance?". It's not quite that simple, since points here are calculated based on only kJ (calorie equivalent) and saturated fat - so there are some things that are less points but many are the same.

So, I stayed on the Canadian program. I know it, it works, and it was WAY easier than the Australian program. Unfortunately, that did make meetings much less useful for me. I'm planning on cancelling my Australian monthly membership as a result.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs