Health Discovery Network
CW

CW's Weelky Meeting -- Tough time of the year to Start WW?

I agree with others about joining WW during this time, it's the 2nd time I've started WW during the holidays- always with the mindset "if it's not Thanksgiving, it's your birthday or that persons, or an anniversary, or... oh where does it end?!" LIFE is a challenge, no matter when you start excuses will start flying if you don't tell yourself to start NOW, whenever NOW is right for you. I couldn't get into the mindset for a long time, and when I did, it happened to be 2 weeks before Thanksgiving :)

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Let's see..

1) I am a monthly pass member so I am hoping to be able to see the new info Sunday but my regular meeting isn't until Thursday. I am considering driving out of my way to get to a meeting earlier in the week. I am so excited.

2) I started WW on July 1st which was a Saturday before I left for a week at the beach with family. We would be celebrating July 4th, my neice's 18th birthday and my birthday early. I knew I was nuts for starting during that time but my reason was to hopefully stop gaining and possibly maintain during that week. I had no hopes of losing weight, I just wanted to maintain. It worked because I was more mindful of my eating. So I think this is a great time to start WW.

3) my husband has been the same size since I met him 26 years ago. He still has some of the same clothes (much to my dismay). He eats some junk food but NEVER brings it in the house. He keeps a plastic bin in his truck toolbox and he stores his stash in that. He also takes alot of the junk to work and stores it in his locker.

I am excited and hoping 2011 will bring my lifetime status!!!

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

CW-what do you mean "certified on the new program"? Are they required to follow it and take a test or something? I have had a substitute WW leader that clearly didn't know the other programs/techniques and I always wondered if they had to pass a test of some sort to show they really understood it before they led a meeting.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Everyone who works as a leader and those that do open hours like me (receptionist) has to do the getting started session for the boss to show him/her you know the new program well enough to pass it on to new members and especially current members.

CW-what do you mean "certified on the new program"? Are they required to follow it and take a test or something? I have had a substitute WW leader that clearly didn't know the other programs/techniques and I always wondered if they had to pass a test of some sort to show they really understood it before they led a meeting.

Lisa

That is right. My leader said that they now need to pass a certification class on the new program as well as be on it themselves.

I will find out more when I talk to her next week...

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Everyone who works as a leader and those that do open hours like me (receptionist) has to do the getting started session for the boss to show him/her you know the new program well enough to pass it on to new members and especially current members.

I guess next weeks meetings will be nothing but GSS for the whole week :bcb_smile

CW

Petit- My leader said that the new program starts on Sunday, but for some reason (that she didn't know) the info will be on the web page starting MONDAY (not sunday). So you'll be able to view the basics of the program starting monday and then learn more at your meeting thursday!

weight.png

TRudie, I like your little walking guy. Just strolling along do-de-do.

I am in but I need to really feel it, not just say it kwim? Just a little funky mood I guess.

I'm not making any baked goodies unless its out of my house like that day. Oh and also remember celebrating a few special days not weeks.

I have a hard time during Thanksgiving week, I'll admit it. It's a challenge for me, but mostly because I have 2 T-day dinners and 2 birthdays all in one week. My goal this week is to maintain.

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

CW......

OK, I took up your challenge of rejoining WW and did so today !!! Granted, I'm working on that "maintenance thang", but we are always a work in progress !!!!

Can't wait for December 07th here. (The official roll-out for north of the border !!!)

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

I'm joining and hoping that I can post. I work in retail and have a very busy month ahead of me that is very challenging food and stress wise. I'm 50 lbs over goal and need to get my rear back in gear and there is no time like now.

Thank you CW for starting this thread!!!!

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

Count me in too! I've been gone for a while, I made lifetime, but got lazy and have gained 10 pounds back. I know this new program is what I need to get back on track! Thanks for starting the post and to get me thinking CW! :salut

Kathy and GrannyKarla.......I salute you for recommitting :salut !!!

Look's like CW's thread is going to put that "fire" back in all of us !!!! :bcb_wink3

I agree with the above post's saying that this is the ideal time of year for rejoining. Too much stress, and too much food lay ahead of us. (A deadly combo !!!)

I wanted to share that I made pumpkin pie, cherry pie (both no crust) and cranberries all with splenda and ff milk in the pumpkin pie to do my part in healthy eating tomorrow. Not only for myself but for my family. I have my turkey parts ready for roasting for my ff gravy and will cook my own potatoes with chick broth and no butter. I always do this so that I can indulge in a few other items that won't be low fat or sugar free. It's all about compromise. How do you make it work???

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

Just wanted to say that I'm following this thread with interest. It's great to see so many people recommitting and sharing their thoughts with each other. The enthusiasm is definitely building as we get close to the North America roll-out of the new program. Thanks, CW, for creating a great place for us to bounce ideas off each other.

Susan

Aiming for 196.2 :bcb_march

Kathy.....Sounds like you have planned well for an OP Holiday. As for me, tomorrow is not a holiday. When I did Thanksgiving, I did the usual Crustless pumpkin pie, skipped the stuffing entirely, and had the usual turkey and tater's and veggies. Other than the gravy, everything was SiFi.

CW..........Ditto to what Susan and others have said. Thanks for getting this thread started. Things are hoppin' once more :salut !!!

I love this place and what it does for us. What we do for each other.....

That is our strength and I thank Denice for creating BCB.

What we can do to show our thanks is to give back a little time and energy. The evidence will be our good health and our inspiring posts.

I'm so proud to see you all getting involved in your own futures. What you do now will have an impact on all of your days to come.

We have so much to be thankful for...This opportunity...to get well just by getting smart is such a treasure.

The smarter we get the slimmer we get :salut

CW